ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

Too Tall

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another Q for you locals! (sorry there's so many but I seem to be organising the weekend and been nominated to post these things :()

we are planning on going out for dinner friday night, are there restuarants close to GMEX? a friend says she's found a Frankie and Benie's 0.3km away but tbh that doesn't mean anything to me!!! ;)

have had a look at restuarant page on gmex website but I'm really looking to know what chain restuarants are close to the centre / Travel Inn because we may have to book as it'll be Friday night and there are a few of us!

thanks in advance  :unsure:

surfy sah xx

910505[/snapback]

You're 5mins walk from China Town ... there's shed loads or restaurants there and you can just work your way through them till you find one that has enough seats. There's a few reaturants along Portland St and in Albert Sq But I really would recommend China Town. Also quite a few do buffets so can be quite cheap as well.

Edited by feralmoggy

i have a question

is there anywhere close bye a forbidden planet in manchester where i can look for stuff.

912077[/snapback]

You'll be able to get most of the stuff you require at Gmex as some of the stall holders are from America and offer a more reasonable price than the Forbidden Planet shops

:help: Has anyone got their tickets yet - slight panic setting in.

Do we know what time Stargate talk on Saturday will be?

What time are people getting there to queue :o

Can't wait and I have only to get from Birmingham!!!

:help: Has anyone got their tickets yet - slight panic setting in. 

Do we know what time Stargate talk on Saturday will be?

What time are people getting there to queue :D

Can't wait and I have only to get from Birmingham!!!

912313[/snapback]

The tickets are due to be sent out in January so you still have 2 weeks before you can really panic. :o Anyway in the event that they don't get sent out you should be able to collect them on the door on the day.

Last I heard Showmasters were still in discussions as to when the talk would be.

To be honest I turned up to LFACC about 1/2 hour before general admission (rather than early bird) and the queue was about 100 long so it shouldn't take that long to get through the doors.

You'll be fine from Birmingham ... beginning to get a bit excited myself now. :huh:

• Moderators
i have a question

is there anywhere close bye a forbidden planet in manchester where i can look for stuff.

912077[/snapback]

You'll be able to get most of the stuff you require at Gmex as some of the stall holders are from America and offer a more reasonable price than the Forbidden Planet shops

912107[/snapback]

Plus there'll probably be a Forbidden Planet stall :) there has been at Collectormania before.

Go there near the end of the event, they might drop prices :o

• Showmasters Admin
Got letter from sm this morning confirming ticket

912592[/snapback]

Just to clarify you're talking about a Gold ticket though? Not the regular tickets bought on-line. I just don't want people panicing that you've had your ticket and they've not.

912592[/snapback]

Just to clarify you're talking about a Gold ticket though? Not the regular tickets bought on-line. I just don't want people panicing that you've had your ticket and they've not.

913647[/snapback]

Yes gold ticket sorry mate

• Showmasters Admin

912592[/snapback]

913647[/snapback]

Yes gold ticket sorry mate

913797[/snapback]

No worries matey. I just didn't want a whole hord of threads called "Aspen's got his ticket, why haven't I got mine yet!" being started.

• Showmasters Admin
Why no separate q for people who purchased gold tickets like they had at the London event? (Instead they've  merged everyone into one advance q)

914250[/snapback]

I'd send SM a mail about this. TBH I think you'll find that although there will be one advanced queue they will still let in the gold pass holders first. I'll be very surprised if they don't.