ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin
my apologies if this sounds daft, but when is the G-mex con, ive been out of the loop for a while (major op at hosp) coz i'd like to go and where can I find out who is going, is there a webpage set up yet? :unsure:

thanks in advance

868212[/snapback]

Nope there is no web page yet. So for now just llok at the pinned guest announcements in this section.

It's on the 11th and 12th Feb :lol:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Hi!

I was just wondering if there is any free parking anywhere near the GMex centre? Is there free parking on the sunday?

Thanks

V

884890[/snapback]

Being in the city centre of Manchester it is hard to find free parking unless it is at parking meters. With Manchester being 'open' on a Sunday it is highly unlikely that there will be any free parking nearby however car parks in the shopping area do charge reduced rates on a Sunday. Most/all car parks in Manchester are run by NCP. I'm not sure if TT has included the part about parking in the FAQ yet at the G-Mex.

Not much help I know.

Hi!

With Manchester being 'open' on a Sunday it is highly unlikely that there will be any free parking nearby however car parks in the shopping area do charge reduced rates on a Sunday. Most/all car parks in Manchester are run by NCP. I'm not sure if TT has included the part about parking in the FAQ yet at the G-Mex.

884907[/snapback]

The best there is around that area on the weekend is on Charles Street by UMIST(about a 5-10 minute wander if that) which is £2 all day on Saturday and Sunday. There is also a car park by Picadilly train station that is £2.50 all day for Saturday and Sunday! Both Car parks do close at 11pm though

Hi!

With Manchester being 'open' on a Sunday it is highly unlikely that there will be any free parking nearby however car parks in the shopping area do charge reduced rates on a Sunday. Most/all car parks in Manchester are run by NCP. I'm not sure if TT has included the part about parking in the FAQ yet at the G-Mex.

884907[/snapback]

The best there is around that area on the weekend is on Charles Street by UMIST(about a 5-10 minute wander if that) which is £2 all day on Saturday and Sunday. There is also a car park by Picadilly train station that is £2.50 all day for Saturday and Sunday! Both Car parks do close at 11pm though

885042[/snapback]

Instead of reading UMIST that should say Manchester University North Campus on the corner of Charles St and Sackville St. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen a leaflet in the local rag advertising a bus service from Liverpool John Lennon Airport called Airlink 700 run by Arriva.It stops at Sackville Street and Manchester Piccadilly train station. Low floor so easy access, services every hour 7 days a week. Adult return £5/10euros, Child return £2.50/5euros.

Website www.arrivabus.co.uk.

• 4 weeks later...

on the subject of parking, the GMEX Travel Inn says (under hotel facilities)

Car Parking

50% discount with NCP Great Northern car park situated behind the GMEX centre Off Watson Street.

now that doesn't mean anything to me being a Welsh lass but sounds quite close to GMEX?

also I'd like to thank TT for this thread and Queen Sindel for the link to the Travel Inn at GMEX (near the first post somewhere) as thanks to yee I booked a room the other night, yey! :wub:

it might be worth noting that the Travel Inn allow a max of only 2 adults per room :angry: so if you wanted to get more in than that, get a family room and say there's 2 children under 15 and check in with only one person :unsure:

there are triple rooms available, but the same rule applies :wub:

I'm making this point because the Travelodge in MK have no problems really with there not being kids in the room and alot of people who book there might think the same can be done here :wub:

surfy sah xx

Car Parking

50% discount with NCP Great Northern car park situated behind the GMEX centre Off Watson Street.

now that doesn't mean anything to me being a Welsh lass but sounds quite close to GMEX?

898341[/snapback]

Great Northern is just near the G-Mex tops a five minute walk/stumble. At Great Northern there is the AMC Cinema and Teasers as well as a few restaurants and bars.

Car Parking

898341[/snapback]

Great Northern is just near the G-Mex tops a five minute walk/stumble. At Great Northern there is the AMC Cinema and Teasers as well as a few restaurants and bars.

898356[/snapback]

Does anyone know roughly the price of taxi from piccadily to gmex

• Showmasters Admin
Thanks for the info Sah I've updated the main thread. Very useful for me as I'm staying at the Travel Inn  :unsure:

898870[/snapback]

big guy have you ammended that other post and its snowing heavy in West Yorkshire

898872[/snapback]

Yes I have and it's just very cold here. No snow :lol:

Thanks for the info Sah I've updated the main thread. Very useful for me as I'm staying at the Travel Inn  :unsure:

898870[/snapback]

big guy have you ammended that other post and its snowing heavy in West Yorkshire

898872[/snapback]

Yes I have and it's just very cold here. No snow :lol:

898887[/snapback]

cheers mate

Thanks for the info Sah I've updated the main thread. Very useful for me as I'm staying at the Travel Inn  :D

898870[/snapback]

898872[/snapback]

Yes I have and it's just very cold here. No snow :(

898887[/snapback]

cheers mate

898897[/snapback]

Whereabouts in W Yorks as it isn't in Wakefield but it was on Saddleworth Moor and Manchester this morning?

Thanks for the info Sah I've updated the main thread. Very useful for me as I'm staying at the Travel Inn  :D

898870[/snapback]

898872[/snapback]

Yes I have and it's just very cold here. No snow :(

898887[/snapback]

cheers mate

898897[/snapback]

Whereabouts in W Yorks as it isn't in Wakefield but it was on Saddleworth Moor and Manchester this morning?

898914[/snapback]

Huddersfield stopped now mind

yes it is and do all the trams in manc go to gmex

898984[/snapback]

If travelling from Piccadilly train station there are 2 tram platforms under it. You want to take the tram heaing either for Eccles or Altrincham. Do not take the tram to Bury or else you will end up strangely enough in Bury which is nowhere near G-Mex. This is beginning to sound like Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the Holy Grenade!)

From Victoria Train Station take a tram to either Altrincham, Eccles or Piccadilly. The Altrincham and Eccles trams will take you straight to G-Mex or if you get the Piccadilly tram you just need to change at Piccadilly Gardens. Trams are about every 6-12 mins depending on day and time.

If coming by National Coach/Bus you will arrive at Chorlton St bus station and either make you way to Piccadilly Gardens or Piccadilly TS but it could be an extra 5 mins to walk to G-Mex anyway so depends if you are travelling light or not.

yes it is and do all the trams in manc go to gmex

898984[/snapback]

If travelling from Piccadilly train station there are 2 tram platforms under it. You want to take the tram heaing either for Eccles or Altrincham. Do not take the tram to Bury or else you will end up strangely enough in Bury which is nowhere near G-Mex. This is beginning to sound like Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the Holy Grenade!)

From Victoria Train Station take a tram to either Altrincham, Eccles or Piccadilly. The Altrincham and Eccles trams will take you straight to G-Mex or if you get the Piccadilly tram you just need to change at Piccadilly Gardens. Trams are about every 6-12 mins depending on day and time.

If coming by National Coach/Bus you will arrive at Chorlton St bus station and either make you way to Piccadilly Gardens or Piccadilly TS but it could be an extra 5 mins to walk to G-Mex anyway so depends if you are travelling light or not.

899027[/snapback]

Piccid for me probably do dummie run on friday

Okay, while people are speaking here of trams already, I might as well jump in. :D

Foxy and I are coming in by plane.

I know there's a train service between the airport and Piccadilly Station. Now my first question is can I pre-book the train tickets?

Second question: the tram station most close to our hotel is St. Peter's Square. Which tram line goes from Piccadilly to this station?

Unfortunately the Manchester transportation web page so doesn't like me, I can't open it.