Serenity

GoldenGreen

Right then, who is getting excited about the film ?

I have just read the first comic in the mini-series and you just have to get it.

Then we have the Serenity action figures coming out soon.

And not that long till the movie either.

Shiny !

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the first comic not read it yet though :D

I'm really looking forward to the film, can't wait. Are you going to the con in Nov?

Shiny indeed :firedevil:

Comics are on the way, ticket booked for November. Film out soon (managed to avoid spoilers so far!)

Very excited! :P

I've got the first comic not read it yet though :D

I'm really looking forward to the film, can't wait. Are you going to the con in Nov?

Shiny indeed :firedevil:

Yep, going to the Con in November.

Wish I was going to the World Premiere too, but have you seen what the tickets are going for on ebay ? Ouch !

• Showmasters Admin
I've got the first comic not read it yet though  :lol:

Shiny indeed  :huh:

Yep, going to the Con in November.

Wish I was going to the World Premiere too, but have you seen what the tickets are going for on ebay ? Ouch !

I'll be there too :D

No I've not seen the prices on eBay. I take it they're :rolleyes:

I have only seen the pilot of Firefly (it was put on at a mini gathering some of the SG fans had way back) and I have to admit I found it a little complicated for a pilot :rolleyes: mind you this could have been cause it was late in the evening when we started watching :huh: anyways - some of my friends, such as Too Tall here and the SG peeps, are really into it and everything so I am wanting to know will the movie be for general movie goers as well or will it be a good idea to see the rest of the eps first? thankies!

surfy sah xx

To be honest when I first saw the pilot I wasn't sure for the first 5 mins, but as soon as it got going I was hooked and now it's got me! Keep watching and you'll love it too!

I think the film has been made to introduce everyone for those who haven't seen the tv show but doesn't do it too slowly to bore those who have. So in that sense it shouldn't matter if you have seen the tv shows or not. But they are so great you should watch them anyway! :rolleyes:

would probably be more open to watching it if they aired it on tv again or if it didn't involve me going out and spending lots of money (which as a student I'm lacking of slightly at the mo :o) on the DVDs! also I don't like to watch new things on my own, need some one there to discuss it with!

will probs see it on a Weds ya see then it will cost me like £2 to see the film ;) ah the wonders of Orange :lol:

cheers!

surfy sah xx

• Showmasters Admin

A review I've read of a preview, says it is written for both newbies and full on brown coats. As Radar said they do introduce the guys again but not in a way that brown coats will find boring.

Watch them.........

Also I already told you, you can borrow mine. So no outlay at all :lol:

I hope I am not violating any site rules but I thought I would make sure that the Joss Whedon/Firefly fans here knew that tickets are now available for the preview of "Serenity" on the 24th of August at Manchester/Birmingham/Dublin and should be available for London as of Tomorrow. As most of the cast and Joss are in the country that week for the Edinburgh Film Festival there is a distinct possibility of some turning up at the previews too! Try this link. B)

Edited by StevieB

I hope I am not violating any site rules but I thought I would make sure that the Joss Whedon/Firefly fans here knew that tickets are now available for the preview on the 24th of August at Manchester/Birmingham/Dublin and will be available for London as of Tomorrow. As most of the cast and Joss are in the country that week for the Edinburgh Film Festival there is a distinct possibility of some turning up at the previews too! Try this link.  :wub:

Thanks for the link. :P Looks like the Manchester and Birmingham screenings have now sold out, which is a good sign. Still waiting for the London tickets to go on sale. Hope they don't sell out befor I get a couple.

Edited by Evil_Faith

Thanks for the link. :unsure:  Looks like the Manchester and Birmingham screenings have now sold out, which is a good sign. Still waiting for the London tickets to go on sale. Hope they don't sell out befor I get a couple.

Hope you managed to get some, the London screening SOLD OUT in under 8 mins, good news for "Serenity" but not so much for those without tickets. :P I have tickets to see it tomorrow at the UIP press screening at their head offices, I will see if I can get confirmation of a second wave of previews, seeing as these sold out so quick I wouldn't be in the least surprised if they do it again. ;)

Tried for some Manchester ones yesterday but they had all gone :lol:

Will just have to wait for the official openeing, unless there are some more screenings. Was holding back from seeing earlier screenings but as these are the finished article I would allow myself to see them.

I would expect some of the cast to turn up as they will be over here and thery are such big dam lovely people they would all want to come to anyway. :D

Tried for some Manchester ones yesterday but they had all gone ;)

Will just have to wait for the official openeing, unless there are some more screenings. Was holding back from seeing earlier screenings but as these are the finished article I would allow myself to see them.

I would expect some of the cast to turn up as they will be over here and thery are such big dam lovely people they would all want to come to anyway. :P

Cast are definetely supposed to be at these Previews, as to another round of screenings, I will see if I can get any info. from UIP tonight as I will be at their press screening of "Serenity" in London (no, I am not press but was lucky enough to be one of 20 fans invited as we had helped in some small way to the promoting of the film in this country). The chances of this happening seem fairly high as they had been mentioned previously conditional on these screenings selling out. With only Dublin still available we might get lucky! :P

Having seen the film last week I can assure you that you are in for a treat, by far the best film I have seen this year! :D As for another round of screenings. . . we should be getting an up-date when the UIP team get back from the Gala Premiere in Scotland. The futures so bright, I gotta wear :D .

Meanwhile, check this link, SPOOKY!

It's been announced that the cast will be signing at Edinburgh on Wednesday 24th, HMV on Princes Street from 1pm.

Also, on the 25th, Joss and cast will be doing a live webchat on the Empire magazine site here.

I'm hoping that between Edinburgh and the Empire interview Joss makes an appearance at the London screening. :lol::blush: