"Original" CSI theme tune.

Mike

Been meaning to post this for a while, so here goes.

When i got my season 1 DVD boxset a while back, it has this strange theme tune. I'm trying to find it without any luck to show you all.

Now i thought this was random, and must have been a mistake, but on my magazine DVDs, it was there.

Anyone know why they changed it, and what did you think of it?

If I remember right, they couldn't get the rights to use the normal theme song in time for the DVDs. Something to that extent. I am sure someone can answer this question more precisely. :lol:

Nope, I think that's a pretty good reply, I heard the same thing too.

When CSI started in the US, there were some problems with getting the rights for "Who Are You" so for the first 5 episode it had the different tune. The theme changed to who are you strting with episode 6...coincidently called "Who are you".

When CSI came to the UK the rights for the theme tune still hadn't been sorted for us viewers so all through the first season, the alternate tune was used.

So when the DVD's came out, they just decided to keep the alternate tune on them. However, when Season 1 episodes are aired on Channel 5 now, they are dubbed with Who Are You.

Hope this clears everything up!:D

KIWI :D

• Moderators

I started my CSI watching on DVD so I actually quite liked that first tune and then it was different from S2 onwards, obviously I'm used to that one now! :wub:

Any idea if that original music was an actual tune or generic in-house type music just made for temporary use?

Yay!! Please do! *Hugs Smaug*

Oh, and if you never noticed, at the end of the credits, it till says "The Who: Who are you?" :lol:

I know, i watch the credits...i'm sad.. :blink:

I normally watch the credits... pureply because I can't be bothered moving! :D

nah seriously, I like the CSI music :lol:

always forget that there was alternative CSI theme, because they dub it over on c5 and I erm haven't watched my s1 dvds for ages.... :lol:

Luv sah xx

this is true!

what it is is that I lent s1 to a forum friend from C7 till LFaCC 1 to convert them mwahhahahaha! :wub: and then the other week I lent them to some one else from another forum to convert him too!! :P heeeeeeeeeeee! :P

Luv sah xx

• 3 weeks later...
I normally watch the credits... pureply because I can't be bothered moving! :wub:

nah seriously, I like the CSI music B)

always forget that there was alternative CSI theme, because they dub it over on c5 and I erm haven't watched my s1 dvds for ages.... :wub:

Luv sah xx

yeah me too.

It's strange how people in the USA have only ever heard 'who are you' as the theme. They didn't believe me when I told them we had a different theme for the first season

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...