Harry Potter and...

Davey

• Showmasters Admin

The prophesy doesn't say anything about anyone killing anyone else! Like most prophesies it's very vague. I don't have the exact quote to hand but it's something like "neither can live while the other survives". Does anyone have the exact quote to hand?

Andrea

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prophesy doesn't say anything about anyone killing anyone else! Like most prophesies it's very vague. I don't have the exact quote to hand but it's something like "neither can live while the other survives". Does anyone have the exact quote to hand?

Andrea

Nope, altho the book is just in the kitchen ;)

When I get up next from my job hunting I will take a peak! Can't take a break from thi sjob hunting :P

Andrea

so generally harry doesnt have to kill Voldy, just as long as somehow he gets killed then Harry can still live... right?

*confused*

all these theories are too much for my lil brain! But i like the idea of harry being a horcrux (sp?) I sorta like the whole i-have-to-sacrifice-myself-to-kill-him-and-therefore-save-the-world idea :unsure:

Andrea

so generally harry doesnt have to kill Voldy, just as long as somehow he gets killed then Harry can still live... right?

*confused*

all these theories are too much for my lil brain! But i like the idea of harry being a horcrux (sp?) I sorta like the whole i-have-to-sacrifice-myself-to-kill-him-and-therefore-save-the-world idea :lol:

yeah i like that idea too. though i think he will survive. well.. i think he will survive the destruction of the horcrux inside him. as for the final battle... who knows?

=x=

Andrea

*confused*

all these theories are too much for my lil brain! But i like the idea of harry being a horcrux (sp?) I sorta like the whole i-have-to-sacrifice-myself-to-kill-him-and-therefore-save-the-world idea :blush:

yeah i like that idea too. though i think he will survive. well.. i think he will survive the destruction of the horcrux inside him. as for the final battle... who knows?

=x=

845002[/snapback]

maybe if harry killed someone (other than voldy) and he then split his soul in two, if he was a horcrux, maybe killing who or what he made his horcrux would be enough to kill the part of him that is Voly's horcrux??

Does that make sense to anybody?

it makes sense but i cant see harry killing anyone to make a horcrux.

dumbledore goes on about how a pure complete soul is a power that voldemort failed to realise.

=x=

845936[/snapback]

Oh! right... cool, but i still like the idea :P death and gore ;)

846113[/snapback]

hahaha! i know what you mean. would make an interesting read.

=x=

it makes sense but i cant see harry killing anyone to make a horcrux.

dumbledore goes on about how a pure complete soul is a power that voldemort failed to realise.

=x=

845936[/snapback]

Oh! right... cool, but i still like the idea :D death and gore :D

846113[/snapback]

hahaha! i know what you mean. would make an interesting read.

=x=

846812[/snapback]

and an excellent film to watch!! hehe altho, it'll probs end up like a 15 or 18 with all the fighting i want!! hehe

is it true GoF is a 12a?

it is a pg13 in america so they may decide to make it a 12a here, or whatever they are calling the certificate this month

847069[/snapback]

yeah thats what i heard. it hasnt been classified over here yet but im thinking it will be a 12A.

=x=

it is a pg13 in america so they may decide to make it a 12a here, or whatever they are calling the certificate this month

847069[/snapback]

yeah thats what i heard. it hasnt been classified over here yet but im thinking it will be a 12A.

=x=

848485[/snapback]

ah ok. well it doesnt really affect me but still :wub:

847069[/snapback]

=x=

848485[/snapback]

ah ok. well it doesnt really affect me but still :blink:

848512[/snapback]

i guess it might alienate some of the younger audience but i would rather they didnt cut good stuff out to get a lower certificate.

=x=

847069[/snapback]

=x=

848485[/snapback]

ah ok. well it doesnt really affect me but still ^_^

848512[/snapback]

i guess it might alienate some of the younger audience but i would rather they didnt cut good stuff out to get a lower certificate.

=x=

849621[/snapback]

yeah, same here. And a better film is much more important than having a PG rating. i mean, they'll make more profit for a start, from crazy obsessives like me who go and see films in the cinema like 5 times each... :huh: lol

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why Dumbledore put a Freezing Charm on Harry at the end of HBP when they went up to the astronomy tower. Surely if he had not cast the spell, Harry would have been able to help Dumbledore, and as he was hidden by the invisibility cloak then he was pretty much safe from attack. I just don't get why Dumbledore wasted time Freezing him.....???

Does anyone know why Dumbledore put a Freezing Charm on Harry at the end of HBP when they went up to the astronomy tower. Surely if he had not cast the spell, Harry would have been able to help Dumbledore, and as he was hidden by the invisibility cloak then he was pretty much safe from attack. I just don't get why Dumbledore wasted time Freezing him.....???

858823[/snapback]

maybe he knew what was going to happen and he thought that if harry helped harry would be killed so he froze harry to keep him safe

• Showmasters Admin

Or he knew Harry would try to help him and attack Draco when he first appeared, and he wanted to give Draco a chance to redeme himself.

Then there's the possibility that he couldn't have Harry interfere with whatever he was planning with Snape... :lol:

Andrea

i think snape certainly knew what was going to happen. he couldnt have harry getting in the way. if he had stopped draco or even snape then snape at the very least would have died. (for breaking the unbreakable vow) and whos to stay that harry wouldnt have killed to protect dumbledore and himself? Dumbledore wouldnt want him to become a murderer.

and i agree... dumbledore definately had plans with snape.

=x=

For various financial reasons, I have only just read the book! OH MY GOD

I can't read through all of this right now (far too knackered) but I want to say that I think there is definitely something more with the whole Snape/Dumbledore relationship and my views are leaning towards the 'Snape is actually good' camp :o

I think he will play a crucial part in destroying Voldemort and I think this is something that had been previously planned with Dumbledore. He trusted Snape 100% and I refuse to believe that he was SO wrong. There is more to this, I tell thee...

*sniff* Very sad that he is dead though

Quite glad that Harry and Ginny got together (albeit briefly) but I wish Hermione and Ron would make it official! It is bound to happen in the next book...and thank god for that! Can't be dealing with anymore angsty flirting :P

It was good to have a lot more of Draco in the book...and a greater insight into his psyche. I loved it when Dumbledore was offering his forgiveness and Draco began to lower his wand. I hope he makes the right decisions in the end...maybe...

So, Harry, Ron and Hermione off on their own little (understatement of the century) adventure in the next book? It sounds like book 7 is gonna' be a COMPLETELY different reading experience from the others. I'm excited about that...although I must admit that I will miss Hogwarts. I'm really hoping that the Order of the Phoenix still play a substantial part though...including McGonagall who I LOVE when she kicks ass!

Glad about the Lupin and Tonks thang too! I always assumed it was Sirius she liked...and maybe she did a bit too (slut hehe)...but this is a good match :(

Hmmm, what else? My mind is going mad...

I'm really pleased that there wasn't TOO much Fleur (Phlegm) in the book. She irritated the hell out of me. I know we'll proably have to endure some more of her during the wedding (IF it's in the next book) but let's hope it's a very short section LOL

Oooh, the horcruxes. I really liked them! And I really loved the way Harry had to get the memory from Slughorn, using the Felix Filicis. Rowling...you are a genius!

I've read some other theories about the remaining horcruxes, including the theory about Harry being one, and I must admit that this thought did cross my mind at one poing in the book. I think I dismissed it at the time, but thinking about now...it does seem to fit quite well. It would definitely make for a climatic finish anyway :o

Erm...I really could go on, but dinner is ready and I'm starving. I might carry on another time!! I know I've probably repeated loads of what has already been said, but as I mentioned earlier I'm far too tired to read through the other posts right now.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, such a good book! :D

For various financial reasons, I have only just read the book! OH MY GOD

I can't read through all of this right now (far too knackered) but I want to say that I think there is definitely something more with the whole Snape/Dumbledore relationship and my views are leaning towards the 'Snape is actually good' camp :lol:

i still believe snape is good. he has to be.

Quite glad that Harry and Ginny got together (albeit briefly) but I wish Hermione and Ron would make it official! It is bound to happen in the next book...and thank god for that! Can't be dealing with anymore angsty flirting :unsure:

im really pleased that thye got together. i didnt like ginny in the ear;ier books but since ootp shes been great.

It was good to have a lot more of Draco in the book...and a greater insight into his psyche. I loved it when Dumbledore was offering his forgiveness and Draco began to lower his wand. I hope he makes the right decisions in the end...maybe...

one of the most horrible scenes in my opinion was 'sectumsempra' poor draco. i figure he was doing as he was told so he and his family werent killed. slytherins never have been known for bravery. but i think... with snapes help... he will turn out ok.

So, Harry, Ron and Hermione off on their own little (understatement of the century) adventure in the next book? It sounds like book 7 is gonna' be a COMPLETELY different reading experience from the others.

im really looking forward to the nest book. i cant wait to see godrics hollow. ive been waiting to see that for so long. but i hope we see some of hogwarts. i think harry will need to go back most probably to speak to dumbledores portrait... but i think that one of the horcruxes could be at hogwarts... maybe in the huge room that harry hid his potion book in?

I've read some other theories about the remaining horcruxes, including the theory about Harry being one, and I must admit that this thought did cross my mind at one poing in the book. I think I dismissed it at the time, but thinking about now...it does seem to fit quite well. It would definitely make for a climatic finish anyway :rolleyes:

im all for harry being a horcrux. i kind of want him to be. i can really see a scene where harry lays himself down infront of a dementor so it will suck out voldemorts soul. then it would be down to hermione and ron to save him and his soul.

Edited by wiccawise21

i dont think snapes good. I think he's evil and dear old dumbles was WRONG.

*ahem*

umm, but yeah i dont think Draco is evil. I think Lucius has been pushing him into it and hopefully in book 7 Lucius will die or go to azkaban or something and Draco will finally think for his own and be good!!

i dont think he'll actually go as far to fight against Volders. I just dont think he'll fight for Volders. If ya get me

:o

Oh and Fleur and Bill (or was it Charlie?) should never have got together

And neither should Harry and Ginny. Noooooo!!! EURGH

um, yeh Ron and Mione should hurry up and be an item and so should Luna and Neville!!! DONT KEEP US WAITING!!! :( :(

Oh and i think that Harry will return to Hogwarts at somepoint. Even if its just for a small paragraph in an un-needed chapter.

Well... enough rambling for me.

Oh just one last thing. i believe Harry most definatly is a horcrux

Edited by Angel_Of_Music

• 2 weeks later...

umm, but yeah i dont think Draco is evil. I think Lucius has been pushing him into it and hopefully in book 7 Lucius will die or go to azkaban or something and Draco will finally think for his own and be good!!

i dont think he'll actually go as far to fight against Volders. I just dont think he'll fight for Volders. If ya get me

Lucius is already in Azkaban :unsure:

:(