Harry Potter and...

Davey

How sad would it be is Harry was the last horcrux so they had to get a dementor to kiss him then one of the others then finished of Voldy. They would just be left with this empty shell of Harry.The whole love thing could be work into it that it was because harry loves his friends he values their lives more than his.

it would be very sad indeed.

and harry and ginny.... i think its cute, it really did come out of nowhere but i liked it. im glad it wasnt something in earlier books though... i never really like ginny but she really grew on me in OOTP.

i wasnt suprised that dumbledore died either. i had convinced myself of it a long time ago.

=x=

I absolutely love the book, but there are some things I am a bit peeved about!

I was saying Harry and Ginny after the last book and everyone was disgusted with me! LOL, I love it! But his reason for breaking up with her was stupid - just because u are not with someone does not mean u have no feelings for them.............I mean Voldemort can read minds, so surely he will know that Ginny is important to Harry - so they might as well be together, as she is probably gonna be used as a pawn anyway!

But for me the last chapter was just awful, i thought it was just sloppy and went no where. I love the book as a whole, but really we don;t get that much answered.

Has anyone thought that it might not have been Snape? I was thinking of the polyjuice potion.

I did not like Ron and Lavendar Brown - I think JK has dragged out the Ron and Hermione stuff too much now. They should have got together in the OOTP, and then we would have them together throughout this.

I am gutted that Harry is leaving school! I think McGonalgall will be fab as the headmistress. and then Harry will never be an auror!

Why did Dumbledore have to drink that potion? why could he have not tipped it onto the floor?

love poppyx

:blink:

i pretty much agree with all of that. especially the ron/hermione thing. i found hermione to be really out of character when she was trying to make him jealous. i thought she was above that.

as for ron i could see him doing all the stuff he did but it got a bit tiresome.

i did, however, love the last chapter. for the first time we have been left with hints as to what is going to happen next. i love that we know we will visit godrics hollow and that hermione and ron will be paying a visit to the dursleys! lmao! jk has said that she will be picking up pretty much where she left off so i figure we will start at hogwarts before they leave.

and i also love the fact that it ended on friendship. thats always been one of the most powerful things in the books for me. i cant say i dont have friends like that... because i have never been in a life or death situation... but i know that we woudl all want a friendship so strong. i cant believe herione is giving up her NEWTS and the chance to be head girl!! *sigh* bless them both.

=x=

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt want harry n ginny to spilt up! i said they would get together!!

shocked about dumbledores death although i did thhink it would be him that died i still didnt want it to happen!! (if that makes sense)

i think theres still more to find out about snape we dont know what him n dumbledore where arguing about, maybe dumbledore knew about the unbreakable vow!

overall i loved the book n cant wait for the next one!!

I love seeing Snape's evil side! Whatever the reasons are, and i'm sure it has a lot to do with Draco, it's still good to see that side of him. If Voldemort trusts him that much I wonder what other naughty things he's been up to?!

I found it amusing that Ron got himself a girlfriend before Hermione got herself a boyfriend, I always thought it would be the other way around.

I do feel sorry for Draco, the thing with Myrtle was really sweet. But I still kinda like him being evil! As long as Harry doesn't try to kill him (again!), i'll be happy.

I also liked the fact that Harry got himself a girl, especially one who has the same sort of attributes as his mother! Maybe he is becoming more like his dad... I wonder what Sirius would've said about it?

i actually ended up hating ron more by the end of hbp (disliked the character anyway)

his character doesnt appeal to me i find him to be a waste of space he is not funny i cant see why harry or anyone likes him

Edited by Sauron

i actually ended up hating ron more by the end of hbp (disliked the character anyway)

Its all fair saying these things about the book etc, but it would actually be nice if you put some reasoning behind them other then just being "I didnt like that" etc! Doesnt really make for good conversation.

mundungus could have taken it... but he must have figured out how to unstick it when no one else could. it was one of the itels that they couldnt remove from a cabinate in the drawing room.

=x=

Perhaps he took the whole cabinet. It's Mundungus after all. :(

I loved this book, Harry and Ginny, Snape's evil side being revealed early on, Draco realising things aren't exactly rosy when you work for Voldemort. Dumbledore being killed off is pure genius, gives Harry the gentle push he needs to get him going, you wait once Ron and Hermione die he will be unstoppable, until he realises the only way to kill LV is to let himself die.

AND.....has anyone else registered the importance of GODRIC'S Hollow, as in Mr. Gryfindor himself????

Am re-reading HBP at the moment, slowly this time.

I also liked the fact that Harry got himself a girl, especially one who has the same sort of attributes as his mother! Maybe he is becoming more like his dad... I wonder what Sirius would've said about it?[/color]

omg!! i never even thought about that! but it makes a sort of funny sense!

*giggles*

=x=

mundungus could have taken it... but he must have figured out how to unstick it when no one else could. it was one of the itels that they couldnt remove from a cabinate in the drawing room.

=x=

Perhaps he took the whole cabinet. It's Mundungus after all. :D

well they removed the locket didnt tey and put it in a bag to be thrown out? maybe kreacher took it and hid it? then mundugus could have taken it. or perhaps just kreacher, he would have to give it to harry because hes his master now

=x=

Perhaps he took the whole cabinet. It's Mundungus after all. :angry:

well they removed the locket didnt tey and put it in a bag to be thrown out? maybe kreacher took it and hid it? then mundugus could have taken it. or perhaps just kreacher, he would have to give it to harry because hes his master now

i dont remember that they had taken it out? i was under the assumption it was still there.

i could be wrong though.

=x=

I loved this book.

Yes, I think Mundungus took the real locket. I've been wondering why JKR would have even mentioned that he stole some things from the Black house if this weren't so. How he got it, I don't know, but I agree that he got it. PS: Maybe Mundungus stole it from Kreacher's stash :lol:.

Harry and Ginny... I like this, but don't like the fact that he thinks she should stay away from him. She's in danger just from being on the other side from Voldemort. She is, after all, from a family of "blood traitors", and that is dangerous all by itself. He isn't keeping her any safer by making her stay away from him (IMHO). There IS no "safe" place or stance.

Looking foreward to book 7 :).

Edited by Photo Auror

i dont remember that they had taken it out? i was under the assumption it was still there.

i could be wrong though.

=x=

They took it out of the cabinet, at least per the German version. I borrowed the English book to someone, so I can't check.

The only thing that is said there is that they couldn't open it.

i could be wrong though.

=x=

They took it out of the cabinet, at least per the German version. I borrowed the English book to someone, so I can't check.

arrr. ok.

as for ginny.. i think you are right photo auror. ginny is in danger no matter what. and it doesnt matter fi they are together anyway.... if harry still has feelings for ginny and voldemort found out it would have the same effect regardless.

tut! hes too noble!

=x=

i could be wrong though.

=x=

arrr. ok.

as for ginny.. i think you are right photo auror. ginny is in danger no matter what. and it doesnt matter fi they are together anyway.... if harry still has feelings for ginny and voldemort found out it would have the same effect regardless.

tut! hes too noble!

=x=

i disgaree. i think that it would be the same situationa s with sirius. Voldemort used sirius to lure harry away to the ministyr because he knew they were close and harry would do anything to save him. He just wants to keep her as safe as possible. Ginny being with him makes her a target. Of course it could be argued i suppsoe that if their previous relationship was discovered he could use her anyway to get to harry because he still cares for her. Still i think it best they stay apart for a while, im srtill not really behind the relatuionship, i still see her as a young child

edit: thinking asbout it you know, i dont know why i was surprised about harrya nd ginny i remember thinking for OOTP that after the whole ginny love interest topic in that book, i wondered if harry would join the list. Strange

Edited by Cazzie15

I also wondered why they couldnt just have tipped the potion on the floor, there wasnt an explanation as to why they cldnt have done this?

i mean she cld have put somthing like "once his goblet was full dumbledor tryed to pour it onto the floor but it magicly flew back into the basin"

i could be wrong though.

=x=

arrr. ok.

tut! hes too noble!

=x=

i disgaree. i think that it would be the same situationa s with sirius. Voldemort used sirius to lure harry away to the ministyr because he knew they were close and harry would do anything to save him. He just wants to keep her as safe as possible. Ginny being with him makes her a target. Of course it could be argued i suppsoe that if their previous relationship was discovered he could use her anyway to get to harry because he still cares for her. Still i think it best they stay apart for a while, im srtill not really behind the relatuionship, i still see her as a young child

edit: thinking asbout it you know, i dont know why i was surprised about harrya nd ginny i remember thinking for OOTP that after the whole ginny love interest topic in that book, i wondered if harry would join the list. Strange

yeah.. i see why hes being all nobel but what i meant is kind of what you said afterwards... his feelings will still be the same. you dont just stop liking someone. and if voldemort were to find out... she woudl still be used in the same way regardless.

i used to think of ginny as a child until ootp. if i had been asked before the HBP i woudl have said i didnt want them to get together but i actaully like it because i think ginny has gron and matured. in my mind anyway

=x=

How cool is Luna Lovegood?!

I'd rather see Harry with Luna than Ginny. I just haven't taken to Ginny for some reason.

teehee. i love luna. but i dont htink shes quite harrys type.

listen and me asuming to know what harrys type is!

=x=

I wondered about that, the first time you see them in hbp they are together, and the last time you see them they are together

me and my mum think that they will get together and go hunting for the wierd creatures luna believes in while neville goes around collecting rare and magical plants :P

I loved this book, Harry and Ginny, Snape's evil side being revealed early on, Draco realising things aren't exactly rosy when you work for Voldemort. Dumbledore being killed off is pure genius, gives Harry the gentle push he needs to get him going, you wait once Ron and Hermione die he will be unstoppable, until he realises the only way to kill LV is to let himself die.

AND.....has anyone else registered the importance of GODRIC'S Hollow, as in Mr. Gryfindor himself????

Am re-reading HBP at the moment, slowly this time.

You think Ron and Hermione will die? i hope not! That would ruin everything for me! I think Ron and Hermione are gonna be the next Mr and Mrs Weasley (i know literally but also just like molly and arthur in other ways!)

I am the only person that seems to hate the last chapter! I think its so stupid that they are leaving school. I am re reading OOTP at the moment and then I am gonna re read the HBP slowly, and then I will see if I feel differently! LOL

i disgaree.  i think that it would be the same situationa s with sirius.  Voldemort used sirius to lure harry away to the ministyr because he knew they were close and harry would do anything to save him.  He just wants to keep her as safe as possible.  Ginny being with him makes her a target.  Of course it could be argued i suppsoe that if their previous relationship was discovered he could use her anyway to get to harry because he still cares for her.  Still i think it best they stay apart for a while, im srtill not really behind the relatuionship, i still see her as a young child

edit: thinking asbout it you know, i dont know why i was surprised about harrya nd ginny  i remember thinking for OOTP that after the whole ginny love interest topic in that book, i wondered if harry would join the list. Strange

One of the things I'm considering is the Molly Weasley's clock... where all nine hands of the family are now constantly pointing to "mortal peril".

There was a comment somewhere in the book that the clock has never been wrong before. This tells me that the entire Weasley family is already targeted. If Ginny is in "mortal peril" whether she's with Harry or not, the kids might as well enjoy each other's company while they can.

An addendum of personal viewpoint: I don't think there's IS any such thing as "safety".

Edited by Photo Auror

I love seeing Snape's evil side! Whatever the reasons are, and i'm sure it has a lot to do with Draco, it's still good to see that side of him. If Voldemort trusts him that much I wonder what other naughty things he's been up to?!

I found it amusing that Ron got himself a girlfriend before Hermione got herself a boyfriend, I always thought it would be the other way around.

I do feel sorry for Draco, the thing with Myrtle was really sweet. But I still kinda like him being evil! As long as Harry doesn't try to kill him (again!), i'll be happy.

I also liked the fact that Harry got himself a girl, especially one who has the same sort of attributes as his mother! Maybe he is becoming more like his dad... I wonder what Sirius would've said about it?

I too liked the fact that Snape become evil. The whole thing with Ginny did annoy me on occasion. I don't know why it just did.

I will post more thoughts when I have more time and I feel better.

I was reading the book at work and when Dumbledore was Dumblegone I had to go to the lav for a snivel. It's about time JK killed off one or two of the villains as she's done some damage to the good side.

Draco became a far more interesting character, I look forward to Tom Felton getting to stretch is acting skills a bit when they make the film rather than just sneer (which admitedly he does very well).

I think Snapes gonna end up being good, don't ask me why I just have a feeling. And what was Dumbledore going on about when he drank the poison and said it was his fault? Interesting.

heres a thought...

im rereading HBP and the minute and somethng occurred to me?

why did Dumbledore finally gove snape the DADA job? especially if DD knows about the curse and that no teacher will last more than a year. well... what if DD knew right from the beginning that snape would be leaving by the end of the year? the curse would ensure it and it would highlight to voldemort how 'good' snape was at agining dumbldores trust.

i just think it adds a little more weight to the 'snape is good 'theory.'

what do you think?

=x=