Harry Potter and...

Davey

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want in this thread, the spoiler is big enough at the top!

Snape! I knew all along he was still evil!

OMG Harry should not be with Ginny, its just weird lol!

Draco, well I knew he was gunna leave, but the others! Why do I get a feeling that JK doesnt really want to stop at book 7 :rolleyes:

I'm in two minds about HBP.

I like the fact that Harry was being honest with Ron and Hermionie. But I would have liked to have seen more of them hanging out together. The way those two interacted with each other annoyed me a bit. Them argueing and getting annoyed with each other I thought was cute in the other books, but I think there was a bit much in this book.

The Harry and Ginny thing seemed to come from nowhere a bit and not have much influence on the main plot. I suppose it could always become important in book seven.

I love the flashback with Dumbledore. Even as just a normal boy Tom Riddle was scary.

I would have like more Tonks and the Twins.

On the Snape question I think he's got to be evil. It's mainly the unbreakable vow that he made that's swinging me this way. Did anyone else think that his home was a bit odd? Or is it just a hide-away. I'd like to see more of Snapes background.

Did it take anyone else ages to accept that Dumbledore was really dead? I kept on expecting him to enter and annouce that it had been a big double bluff. I thought the funeral was beautiful though.

I'm hoping that lots of whats happened in this book was to set things up in book 7, like how we had to cope with the Arwen scenes in LOTR one and two for the sake of LOTR three.

I'm sure there was more that I wanted to say but I cant remember it. Im goign to start my re-read soon so there maybe another longer post in a couple of days

well...

i have mentioned this in a few places but i think there is a possiblility that snape is still good. i think that DD knew he was going to die anyway and asked snape to kill him. this might have been through occlumancy or something agreed on before hand.

dracos task was to kill DD and if he coudl snape would have too... because of the vow. i think DD knew this. he knew all about what draco was up to... did snape tell him? wouldnt he then have told him about the vow? hmmmm.

i aslo think that harry is a horcrux. would explain his connection to voldemort and little things like why he has a scar from the avada kadavra curse that usually leaves no marks. or why he could open the COS when only the heir of slytherin can.

this poses the question of how do you destroy voldemorts soul in a living person? well it fits into the whole thing about harry having to die in the process but what if the dementors are involved? what other way do we know of to get rid of a persons soul?

i would have loved to have seen more of the twins too. i hope we get to see more of them in book 7. and i hope we get to see a lot of magical places too. godrics hollow!!!! yay!

=x=

even when i read it i couldnt believe snape was evil. maybe he is and we'll find out in book 7 that we are reading way too much into some of the hints there, but i cant believe anything else except that es good and that it was all a plan.

ginny and harry? why? im sure some people are happy about this but i honestly cannot understand how that would ever happen (dasn radcliffe and bonnie wright though how sweet!)

i love that fleur is shown to truly love bill as well, it sort of shwos that love isnt about looks, and remus and tonks also shows that age does not really matter in love.]

its a possibility that harry is a horcrux, but im not entirely convinced but he could be, it would make sense as he does have the scar and he was obviously at godrics hollow where voldemort was trying to make his last horcrux.

i didnt find it hard to believe dumbledore had died. Id heard about the spoilers in the newspapers, and i think as soon as they got back to hogsmeade and the dark mark was there, i htought it might be coming.

does anyone else feel sorry for draco? at first hew as too arrogant and i absolutely hated him. But as time went on...ytou can tell that he is finally understanding what harry is fighting agaisnt - what it takes to be on voldemorts side and what the stakes are. He is in a very similar situation to harry - kill or be killed, and draco now seems onyl to care about his family rather than actually supporting voldemort.

i hope draco will somehow help harry in the 7th books, even if its an unintentional thing and hes onyl trying to save his own skin. Of course it depends if voldemort does not kill him for being weak.

that stuff in the lake bit like lotr "dont touch the water" undead corpses and the like

it says on the cbbc interview page (i think it was on there) that she ahs never finished LOTR. its not hard to believe that she has actually come up with the things that happen to be similar as it all runs along the same lines

How sad would it be is Harry was the last horcrux so they had to get a dementor to kiss him then one of the others then finished of Voldy. They would just be left with this empty shell of Harry.The whole love thing could be work into it that it was because harry loves his friends he values their lives more than his.

How sad would it be is Harry was the last horcrux so they had to get a dementor to kiss him then one of the others then finished of Voldy. They would just be left with this empty shell of Harry.The whole love thing could be work into it that it was because harry loves his friends he values their lives more than his.

it would be very sad indeed.

and harry and ginny.... i think its cute, it really did come out of nowhere but i liked it. im glad it wasnt something in earlier books though... i never really like ginny but she really grew on me in OOTP.

i wasnt suprised that dumbledore died either. i had convinced myself of it a long time ago.

=x=

The Harry and Ginny thing seemed to come from nowhere a bit and not have much influence on the main plot. I suppose it could always become important in book seven.

when you've been in the same situation of realising that your feelings towards someone have changed without you noticing it then harry and ginny wasn't such a surprise

I don't think harry is one of the seven horcruxes, I think he was an unintentional 8th but the horcrux was absorbed back into voldemort in the fight in the ministry

oh, i think ginny and harry are cute together

when you've been in the same situation of realising that your feelings towards someone have changed without you noticing it then harry and ginny wasn't such a surprise

I suppose with h.p Im just used to most things being fore shadowed or it later being revealed to be very important

Does anyone have any other guesses about who R.A.B is other than Sirius's brother?

Edited by Melde_Amy

i dont im afraid. i really thinkits regulus because of the locket at grimmauld place. it kind of follows that its a black that owned it. sort of makes it harrys now anyway. ironic eh?

=x=

Yup ironic, but...........did mundungus take it? :unsure:

Up to this book I have never liked the thought of Harry & Ginny together, but I liked the way they dealt with their relationship. I think Ginny will definetly have a part to play in the final days of Voldemort.

Snape - Still in unsuprised shock (yes something has always made me think that he is bad, but was trying to remain hopeful). The fact that he is the HBP, makes me wonder where his true allegience lies (sorry if spelling is wrong). I think there will be a few more plot twists to come, but he is a dead man no matter what - Harry is an angry guy now.

Draco - Never thought I'd see the day I would pity him, I hope things work out with him. Maybe him & Harry have to unite to save Draco's parents, Harry's friends.

I loved the funeral (if you can say that about funerals), Rowling made sure Dumbledore was treated with sincere reverence and respect. My heart went out to Hagrid though - bless him, he wasn't having a good time at all.

R.A.B. - My first thought was Sirius's brother, but am expecting Rowling to surprise us all.

DA - Missed their adventures, I know they got to fight at the end, but I missed them none-the-less.

Tom Riddle's Family Tree - I loved how it was done (use of the pensive), Tom Riddle is one hell of a creepy guy.

Yea for Lupin & Tonks, Rowling doesn't write in depth about their courtship, but as a blatent romantic I can imagine how it panned out.

Just need book 7 now!!

i have pitied draco for quite a while. there was just something that told me he wasnt quite as evil as he appeared to be. it seemed inevitable that voldemort would want to use him for something and i kind of figured draco wouldnt say no (for obvious reasons) even if he didnt want to do it.

=x=

i dont im afraid. i really thinkits regulus because of the locket at grimmauld place. it kind of follows that its a black that owned it. sort of makes it harrys now anyway. ironic eh?

=x=

Yup ironic, but...........did mundungus take it? B)

or did kreacher sneak off with it?

it would be very sad indeed.

and harry and ginny.... i think its cute, it really did come out of nowhere but i liked it. im glad it wasnt something in earlier books though... i never really like ginny but she really grew on me in OOTP.

i wasnt suprised that dumbledore died either. i had convinced myself of it a long time ago.

=x=

I absolutely love the book, but there are some things I am a bit peeved about!

I was saying Harry and Ginny after the last book and everyone was disgusted with me! LOL, I love it! But his reason for breaking up with her was stupid - just because u are not with someone does not mean u have no feelings for them.............I mean Voldemort can read minds, so surely he will know that Ginny is important to Harry - so they might as well be together, as she is probably gonna be used as a pawn anyway!

But for me the last chapter was just awful, i thought it was just sloppy and went no where. I love the book as a whole, but really we don;t get that much answered.

Has anyone thought that it might not have been Snape? I was thinking of the polyjuice potion.

I did not like Ron and Lavendar Brown - I think JK has dragged out the Ron and Hermione stuff too much now. They should have got together in the OOTP, and then we would have them together throughout this.

I am gutted that Harry is leaving school! I think McGonalgall will be fab as the headmistress. and then Harry will never be an auror!

Why did Dumbledore have to drink that potion? why could he have not tipped it onto the floor?

love poppyx

:blink:

Edited by Poppy