Harry Potter and...

Davey

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why Dumbledore put a Freezing Charm on Harry at the end of HBP when they went up to the astronomy tower. Surely if he had not cast the spell, Harry would have been able to help Dumbledore, and as he was hidden by the invisibility cloak then he was pretty much safe from attack. I just don't get why Dumbledore wasted time Freezing him.....???

858823[/snapback]

i think he did it to protect harry and to keep him out of harms way, and also so that he doesnt make a noise...at that particular point. Also that he had not much time left and needed harry to focus on other things.

Glad about the Lupin and Tonks thang too! I always assumed it was Sirius she liked...and maybe she did a bit too (slut hehe)...but this is a good match  :unsure:

I've read some other theories about the remaining horcruxes, including the theory about Harry being one, and I must admit that this thought did cross my mind at one poing in the book. I think I dismissed it at the time, but thinking about now...it does seem to fit quite well. It would definitely make for a climatic finish anyway  ^_^

864110[/snapback]

Erm considering tonks is related to sirius ..that would be a bit too weird dontcha think.

As for the horcrux theory, mabe or mabe not...it depends on what j.k.rowling has planned really..

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have any other guesses about who R.A.B is other than Sirius's brother?

827194[/snapback]

I think it is his brother.

In the Dutch translation of the book, the note is signed R.A.Z

And Sirius's last name in Dutch is Zwarts.

897116[/snapback]

i saw that too. it relaly confirms it i think. i dont think its even worth tryingt o think about other options. i think what we need to consider now is why regulus took the locket. why did he turn for voldemorts service? how did he find out about the horcruxes? and who did he take with him? the boat in the cave only takes one wizard and drinking the potion is a two man job. so he had to take either a child or another species (house elf maybe) but who?

=x=

Does anyone have any other guesses about who R.A.B is other than Sirius's brother?

827194[/snapback]

I think it is his brother.

In the Dutch translation of the book, the note is signed R.A.Z

And Sirius's last name in Dutch is Zwarts.

897116[/snapback]

i saw that too. it relaly confirms it i think. i dont think its even worth tryingt o think about other options. i think what we need to consider now is why regulus took the locket. why did he turn for voldemorts service? how did he find out about the horcruxes? and who did he take with him? the boat in the cave only takes one wizard and drinking the potion is a two man job. so he had to take either a child or another species (house elf maybe) but who?

=x=

897578[/snapback]

probably took Kreacher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Lucius is already in Azkaban

YAY! mean old dude...i think malfoy IS actually evil, but he is too cowardly to do anything. Maybe, he is actually a bogart, but nobody realises it...yeah thats right, everyones ultimately terrified of malfoy but they dont know it...its a book! anything could happen...

• 6 months later...

Coming to this a bit late! (And please... no spoilers about book 7! (Saying coz there seem to be some out now judging by the fact there's a thread?))

The potion: There has to be a way of doing it for one person, or how could Voldy do it? Maybe drinking alternate potion and water? (Dumbledore isn't infallible...). So maybe RAB was alone. Kreacher being there works for me too though.

I think Dumbledore had ordered Snape to kill him. Otherwise Snape and Draco would both be killed: I don't think Dumbledore would allow that. I think it's possible Snape made the vow not knowing what he was promising: if you read through the scene where he made it he never said what the plan was. He may have been bluffing trying to find out.

Does anyone think there may have been something between Snape and Lily? It struck me as being odd that Slughorn kept going on about how good Lily was at potions, when you'd expect Snape to be the potions genius in their year. Maybe Snape had a crush on her and helped her? (NB his worst memory involved Lily...) Voldy tried to avoid killing Lily, maybe because he knew Snape had feelings for her? Maybe Snape changed sides after he caused her death and that's the thing Dumbledore knew and trusted him because of?

Yeah good point like you say especially as Lily also stopped James,Wormtail,Lupin and Sirius picking on him once or twice you could see why he would develop a crush. Thats why i think he'll end up dying saving harry i really do. Oh and lets not forget if theres never a body to be found in whatever be it a book or a film they can always turn up again and by that i mean Sirius we know he got hit but if she really wanted to kill him off properly then why not just leave his body there for us all to see???? :yoda:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it's possible with both ways regarding Snape and Lily. You see it would be interesting if they perhaps dated for a while, but she left him for James, and Snape still loved her which is why he won't kill Harry and protects him but is so bitter because he's James' son not his you know? Also we know that by Snape saving Harry from Quirrels curse on the Quidditch pitch and by doing so is no longer in James debt but theres nothing to say Snape isn't in a similar situation with Lily...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OMG I thought the movie was just amazing! It is so diverse on the emotional scale...sooo funny...sooo sad... I loved esp. Tom Felton, his performance of Drako was really unbelievable. And who thought Rupert Grint's Ron could be soo funny. And Slughorn! What a character!!!

Just loved it !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok... a wee bit late to reply to most of this topic! lol! But I LOVED the film! Interesting, really, because on the face of it HBP is my least favourite book. But it was very well adapted, I laughed most of the way through... although as soon as Dumbledore and Harry got to the cave I was crying because I knew what was coming up.... I think I scared the people that were waiting to come in when I went out because I'd been crying straight for about half an hour!

Suffice it to say, I didn't feel very well after all that!

Ok... a wee bit late to reply to most of this topic! lol! But I LOVED the film! Interesting, really, because on the face of it HBP is my least favourite book. But it was very well adapted, I laughed most of the way through... although as soon as Dumbledore and Harry got to the cave I was crying because I knew what was coming up.... I think I scared the people that were waiting to come in when I went out because I'd been crying straight for about half an hour!

Suffice it to say, I didn't feel very well after all that!

It takes me back to Goblet of fire where cedric dies people where crying then.

but when i saw HALF BLOOD PRINCE i could hear some people sniffing it was then i new they where upset

but im a fan so i understand.

• 2 months later...