What would encourage you to buy a gold pass ?

dufresne

Is it .....  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is it .....

• Include live autos from attending guests
    • Include accommodation
    • Include meals (or vouchers)
    • Include dealer vouchers
    • Include photo ops
    • Include an evening sit down dinners with the guests
    • Just make the thing cheaper !!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im trying to go the swiss route at the moment :lol:

The cheesy one ?! :P:lol:

The neutral one and you bloody know what I meant :P

Me ? :P

Me not know, mister ! :P:P

;):lol::D

And now he is on to the pigeon English. Your English is better than some of the people on these boards, so don`t pull that one with me ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

I voted for live autos but to be honest I will never get one for 2 reasons.

1: I don't get enough autos. I only get people from series I really like so I normally only get 4 or 5 autos at a show. So paying £200-£250 to jump 5 queue is a bit much.

2: I love to crew so say for a 4 days CM I'd want to crew at least 2 days and that makes the gold pass even less worth it as it would only be for 2 days.

If I got 10+ auto per show and always got the big names and didn't want to crew I'd go for it. Even right now, just for the stress relief. You see so many people getting so stressed over not getting VTs for the guests they want or having stood in a queue for 3 hours. Just being able to walk up to any queue you want must be great.

• 1 month later...

After LFCC3, I didn't think there was anything that would make anyone be daft enough to fall for the same trick twice.

Doesn't that make the point of this thread moot?

Anyone who bought a gold ticket last time isn't likely to go near them ever again, and all the people who didn't buy them last time won't buy them now for all the same reasons.

• Showmasters Admin
Anyone who bought a gold ticket last time isn't likely to go near them ever again, and all the people who didn't buy them last time won't buy them now for all the same reasons.

856817[/snapback]

And where is your source for this statement?

I think you'll find that almost everyone that got a gold ticket at LFCC3 liked them. They may have had problems with the show as a whole but they liked the gold tickets.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=20712

Edited by Too Tall

After LFCC3, I didn't think there was anything that would make anyone be daft enough to fall for the same trick twice.

Doesn't that make the point of this thread moot?

856817[/snapback]

Exactly the opposite actually ! The thread asks what would ENCOURAGE people to buy one. ie what would you CHANGE or ADD to the package ? To put it another way ..... What would you MAKE DIFFERENT ????

If, as you wrongly state, everyone was unhappy about L3 gold passes, the opportunity to change it's benefits is perfectly valid and far from moot !! :P:lol:

And go TT !! :lol:

856817[/snapback]

I think you'll find that almost everyone that got a gold ticket at LFCC3 liked them. They may have had problems with the show as a whole but they liked the gold tickets.

857161[/snapback]

My source for this statement?

Well, surely you must be aware of the gold ticket cheerleader Dufresne's comments on another board regarding his views on how he felt he'd thrown his money away, how he'd never buy a gold ticket again, and how poor LFCC3 was that he wouldn't even had gone to the event (despite already having bought a gold ticket) had he not already been in London that weekend.

And that was all before Kilmer failed to show up!

All this while posting on here how happy he was with his gold ticket, and how wonderful he thought the guest lineup was.

• Moderators

Some people bought gold tickets through faith in SMs and their ability to deliver guests that would have made the purchase worth it. Unfortunately for some people, this didn't happen - especially with the Val incident etc.

From those who I've talked to, they've said that they were happy with the treatment and the experience, and that the Gold Pass was useful - but not as much as it should have been, and it DID need improving. But a lot of people have said it was the event as a WHOLE that needed improving (i.e. better/more guests) rather than the Gold Pass specifically.

I think they both need to be worked on for next time. If the event is better and the line up improved/increased then the Gold Pass itself becomes more useful etc. So they go hand in hand.

No one knows anything about the next LFACC but some people (guess who!!) are of course willing to bury SMs before they've even STARTED on the event, misguided by their blind hatred of the organisers and their shows regardless of what they do.

Luckily most people like myself will reserve judgment until there's actually something to JUDGE.

856817[/snapback]

857161[/snapback]

My source for this statement?

Well, surely you must be aware of the gold ticket cheerleader Dufresne's comments on another board regarding his views on how he felt he'd thrown his money away, how he'd never buy a gold ticket again, and how poor LFCC3 was that he wouldn't even had gone to the event (despite already having bought a gold ticket) had he not already been in London that weekend.

And that was all before Kilmer failed to show up!

All this while posting on here how happy he was with his gold ticket, and how wonderful he thought the guest lineup was.

858418[/snapback]

Looks like someon'e been ordering a big portion if Mert a la Bull !!

Please be kind enough to link to ONE SINGLE COMMENT on this board (or any other) where I sang the praises of the gold pass ? I may (I can't remember specifically) have praised the ability to queue jump, and only that, but never did I compliment gold passes, either as a package or as an investment !

I certainly did not praise the lineup ! I recall mentioning Kilmer and Perlman especially, but that was it. I can show you dozens of posts on both boards where I express great displeasure at the line-up, and (yes) that had I not been going to London that weekend anyway ......

I was never a "cheerleader" for the gold passes, I was merely one of the few who admitted on here that they had bought one. Others on the forum then climbed on board, mentioning this, and asking me if I regretted it ! Please sort your facts out if you are going to pick on individuals :P

Some people bought gold tickets through faith in SMs and their ability to deliver guests that would have made the purchase worth it. Unfortunately for some people, this didn't happen - especially with the Val incident etc.

From those who I've talked to, they've said that they were happy with the treatment and the experience, and that the Gold Pass was useful - but not as much as it should have been, and it DID need improving. But a lot of people have said it was the event as a WHOLE that needed improving (i.e. better/more guests) rather than the Gold Pass specifically.

I think they both need to be worked on for next time. If the event is better and the line up improved/increased then the Gold Pass itself becomes more useful etc. So they go hand in hand.

No one knows anything about the next LFACC but some people (guess who!!) are of course willing to bury SMs before they've even STARTED on the event, misguided by their blind hatred of the organisers and their shows regardless of what they do.

Luckily most people like myself will reserve judgment until there's actually something to JUDGE.

858436[/snapback]

*is shocked at agreeiing with david* :P

Nail on the head there young-un ! With a line-up like (picking at random) ... C4 ! Then the gold pass is potentially a work of genius - admittedly for those who can afford it ! The problem lay, I agree, with the L3 line-up. Calling a spade a spade, it was *P*oor ! Then Val's (imaginary) stalker piled on more problems. Not the best launch pad for gold passes, obviously !

I think a few of the Anti-SM propaganda-mongers need to BEAR with things and stop picking on the events for the sake of it !

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
Free Entry to party + a couple of free budweisers

oh and a packet or two of fags!!

I like your style :lol::angry:

816000[/snapback]

Sorry to sound dumb (never been to a con) what are live autographs? what's the difference between them and just queuing and waiting for one?

917809[/snapback]

Autographs from the show you are attending, rather than from previous ones I think.

Free Entry to party + a couple of free budweisers

oh and a packet or two of fags!!

I like your style :firedevil::lol:

816000[/snapback]

Sorry to sound dumb (never been to a con) what are live autographs? what's the difference between them and just queuing and waiting for one?

917809[/snapback]

Autographs from the show you are attending, rather than from previous ones I think.

917818[/snapback]

so live auto's are taken on the day there and then, and other autographs are like premade autographs?

• Moderators

I THINK, and don't quote me on it, the autographs provided are from guests that have attended previous events, so they would have been signed then.

Some people would prefer to have autographs from the event they are actually attending.

I THINK, and don't quote me on it, the autographs provided are from guests that have attended previous events, so they would have been signed then.

Some people would prefer to have autographs from the event they are actually attending.

917865[/snapback]

That sounds kinda... bleck! who wants something that hasn't been signed in front of their faces... I mean for all anyone knows, I signed it and gave it to them to hand out? Or am I getting the wrong idea entirely?