About Guest Announcements

Crostini

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG - alarm bells going off - Patrick MacNee ???

Cross over the road and hear them towering over the people gathered there
- Patrick MacNee - was in "view to a kill"

2/ This character is not in a Lazenby bond film

I do not remember saying the character was from a Sean Connery Bond movie.
"View to a Kill" Starred Roger Moore - (whom many consider the best James Bond)

1/ Peel away to signify unification
- Was in the avengers with Diana Rigg who played Emma Peel

Just cant work out the Jaws association!!!!

Edited by sydney_bristow

Jaws was only in:

Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me, both of which were Roger Moore films,. The Spy Who Loved me is normally considered to be Roger Moore's best Bond, so I reckon we are looking at that movie rather than Moonraker.

So we know it isn't a Bond , so that rules out Roger Moore, it also can't be any of the following as they have signed in the U.K. before, Richard Kiel, Caroline Munro, Valerie Leon, Shane Rimmer.

Sadly quite a few of this cast have also passed away, Curt Juegens, Michael Billington, Walter Gotell, Desmond Llewelyn, which doesn't leave many options.

Barbara Bach was the main Bond girl in the film , or perhaps someone like Nadim Sawalha who played Aziz Fekkesh.

Can't really make head or tail of the other clues though.

I'm sure the Jaws reference is not in regards to Richard Keil but to something else, like the sharks jaws mentioned earlier, but I'm not sure what.

I really dont get the Connery thing, we were told to watch those films closely but then that it was not a character from them, which rules out someone from two films one of which was a Connery if there are any such characters, hence I cant see any reason why watching the Connery films would have helped but there must be one.

One of the Connery films, You Only Live Twice I think, had the piranha pool in it which certainly has alot of Jaws, and they eat someone, hence the breakfast, so could this be a reference? I also seem to remember someone peeling of a wetsuit which revealed a uniform underneath in that film, which might explain the peel clue and the big Volcano is sort of a tower, so i reckon it sort of fits the clues, only problem being that it cant be any of the cast but is it connected with any other Bond films in any way? Could be a Blofelt connection but I dont think there are any non Connery films with Blofelt in them?

I think Nadim Sawalha is a good guess - it could be him

But also the You Only Live Twice guess is good - it could of be someone from Thunderball as there were sharks in that, people peel off their wetsuits in the film and the tower refrence could refer to the big rock thing that Connery goes in at the end of the film.

I thought it would be someone from TSWLM - as Jaws is in the film and so are sharks and also Jaws bites the shark which referes to him having his breakfast. The whole tower thing could refer to the high building and platforms of the ship in the films etc

Some more clues please Dave

• Moderators

Hi Guys

You seem to be struggling so here is the next clue.

And this one will really make you think (and probably swear a bit too)

1/ We are not looking for a character from a Roger Moore Bond film.

2/ A brand of whisky in the tower rings out to announce the joining.

Come on Dufresne thought you would have had it by now !!!!!!!

Dave Phillips :lol::lol::lol:

Easy clues, the second one must refer to a bell as you get Bells whiskey and bells do ring, and as we know its a Dalton or Brosnan film, someone who knows the films a little better than me should be able to think of a Dalton/Brosnan film inwhich a bell ringing in a tower announces something.

Having said that, we will only have the film and not the character

Ok i think im pretty close -

I think its someone from Licence to Kill because

1. The bells clue could refer to the wedding bells in the film when Felix gets married

2. The Jaws quote could refer to the character Sharky and the fact that Felix gets his legged eaten by a shark

3. The peel off could be the fact there are lots of divers in the film who are constinley peeling off there wetsuits

4. It's not a Moore or Connery film

5. The tower could refer to the bell tower at the church felix gets married at

I think the guest is either

Anthony Zerbe - Milton Krest or most probaly

Priscilla Barnes - Della (Mrs Felxi Leiter) - She has done signings before in the US so could easily be bought over here for a signing in the UK - if it is thats great as i would like to meet her!!

Yeah that sounds pretty logical, if I remember correctly Felix is eaten in the morning too, hence Breakfast.

Cant see any obvious connection to a Connery film (which we were told to rewatch) though which worries me a little.

Yer - it could be the fact that Felix has been a character in the Connery and Moore films - which relates to Priscilla Barnes as she becomes Felix's wife

Barnes doesnt seem quite a big enough name for Dave to go through all this trouble and all these clues for. Zerbe seems like a good guest, but my money is on Frank McRae purely because his character name is Sharkey which ties in with the jaws clue again. Benicio Del Toro's in that film too - we can always hope :lol:

Frank McRae would also be awesome, aside from bond he has been in several good movies including last action hero, lock up and of course a very minor part in rocky 2.

I hope both zerbe and mcrae are announced :P

Yer Mcrae would be a cool guest - i was about to write to him but if he's annouced for Autographica i wont bother - he was also in Batteries not included which is a pure classic!