Best bits?

Cher2a

So what made your weekend special? Perhaps it was meeting one of the guests, completing an autograph set, cosplaying, meeting forum members, the gettogethers... Come on, work with me, here! :lol:

For me, it had to be (in order of occurance, not importance)

1). Friday night's gettogether aftermath. I loved walking back to the hotel, because the girls massacred me and mass-hugged me, and it was scary! Lolz. You'd have to have been there to see why that was so much fun :o I made a fool of myself, as always. It rocked! :lol::lol:

2). Meeting Warwick Davis. Shaking his hand, and telling him how much of an inspiration he is to me... And holding back the tears until the last second, when I turned around, and they flew like a waterfall! Lolz. Embarrassing, but true...

3). The looks on Mich and Rb's faces as they signed their first ever autograph. A dude from the convention in March bought along a photo, and got them to sign it. It was fantastic - pure class. The gleam in their eyes... Awwww! Hehe.

What about the rest of you?

Hey, I am first! :lol:

1) Seeing Ewan McGregor on stage and getting his autograph Friday night. Not directly a LFACC event, but hey, it was on the same week end. ;)

2) Waiting in line Saturday morning. I had fun just fooling around with my friend, and we met two endlessly nice guys who had been waiting even longer than us. One of them saved me from freezing by borrowing me his jacket. And silly me even forgot to ask about their names. I am so embarrassed. :o

3) Meeting Ron Perlman. I was so gutted that he had cancelled last November. I was so gawking that I almost didn't know what to answer when he asked for my name. :lol:

ooooh that's a tough one....

I'll have to write better explanations tommorrow or something because I have to be up at 5.30 for work experience, but in brief: what made my weekend:

Ron Perlman's reaction when I told him that I was studying Occupational Therapy at uni and was on my first work experience placement and that I wanted to thank him because basically it was Vincent and Beauty and the Beast that first made me decide I wanted to work with people like that. He didn't say anything; he just stopped signing, sort of sat back, looked at me like he was genuinely really impressed, and just wordlessly went to shake my hand and shook my hand really warmly. And he didn't need to say anything; I just knew he knew exactly what I meant and how important it was; and we both just knew we understood the same thing about the character, without saying anything. It was a pretty awesome few moments ;)

Getting hugged by John Barrowman aka Captain Jack and being able to say thanks for keeping me sane through these tough, intense weeks that are hospital placement:D

Finally meeting Billy Boyd and the fact he couldn't have been any sweeter and being able to say thanks for being part of what's got me through pretty much everything :P

Nearly chickening out of meeting Adrian Paul but not and then him being really fantastic :P

Laura x

I would have to say meeting Sarah Clarke, I think she was fantastic on 24 and she is much prettier in real life than on screen which I didn't think possible. Meeting Charisma was great too although you felt a bit rushed through but I can understand why.

I have to say this was the first SM event where I didn't think one guest was bad at all. I got to meet everyone I wanted and spoke to some really cool people. There was a guy in the Lou Ferrigno queue in front of me talking about Val Kilmer on the Sunday and on Saturday a couple were chatting with my and my brother about all of the wrestling people they have met. Add onto that the fantastic costumes people had made especially the Batman people too they were all really cool.

It was my first LFACC, but after this weekend I'm sure it won't be my last and hopefully next year I'll be able to go to the meet-ups on the evening.

Edited by rickyparty

1) Seeing Ewan McGregor on stage and getting his autograph Friday night. Not directly a LFACC event, but hey, it was on the same week end.

I take it you saw "Guys and Dolls" then! :P

Hehe! Probably :D

All part of a geeky weekend :lol:

My Birthday bash with my buds who spoilt me rotten.

Getting Cruetastic with Troy.

Becky telling me I looked a lot younger than I was (she was tipsy mind).

Jog menacing me all weekend with tales of combine harvester's and tractor's.

Meeting Ron Pearlman and Adam Baldwin.

Sitting with Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) and her signing my Motley Crue book and regaling me with tales of the boys.

Seeing a dealer wearing my lost Thundercats t-shirt and almost convincing him to give it to me (I'll hunt him down like a dog at C8).

Lovely, lovely Greek food (courtesy of As Greek As It Get's in Earls Court Road).

Lovely staff at Earls Court.

Naomi turing up even though she wasn't working, that was a nice surprise :lol: .

Bad bits? Only a certain naughty Harry Potter fan who shall remain nameless waking me from my slumber at about 3am shouting something about bushes and pi****g! You know who are :D

Edited by Big_Pants

• Moderators
Bad bits? Only a certain naughty Harry Potter fan who shall remain nameless waking me from my slumber at about 3am shouting something about bushes and pi****g! You know who are :P

:D:P:P

You and half the hotel!

I'm so proud of him .. erm .. the person :lol:

1) Seeing Ewan McGregor on stage and getting his autograph Friday night. Not directly a LFACC event, but hey, it was on the same week end.

I take it you saw "Guys and Dolls" then! ;)

You take correctly. B)

Yes, I guess you could call that part of a geeky week end. *g*

Singing along to The Hero of Canton with Adam Baldwin, and have him drape his manly arm around me *swoon*

Meeting the lovely, lovely Xander and Sarah - such a wonderful couple and great with the fans!

I take it you saw "Guys and Dolls" then! :lol:

You take correctly. :(

Geeky Weekends are more fun! :P:lol:

I take it you saw "Guys and Dolls" then! :lol:

Geeky Weekends are more fun! :P:lol:

That's because geeks have more fun. ;)

I take it you saw "Guys and Dolls" then! :P

Geeky Weekends are more fun! ;):lol:

That's because geeks have more fun. :(

Amen to that, because yes indeedy, we do! ;):lol:

Best bits. Hmmm.....

Well one of highlights has to be attacking Cher with make-up on Friday night and her acting like I was tortuting her to death or something! Then everyone saying she looked like Julianne Moore/Jodie Foster. :(

Other than that the Batman group was great fun!

Edited by rel

Best bits. Hmmm.....

Well one of highlights has to be attacking Cher with make-up on Friday night and her acting like I was tortuting her to death or something! Then everyone saying she looked like Julianne Moore/Jodie Foster. ;)

Meep! You WERE torturing me! Lolz. It's inhuman, I'm telling you! :lol::(

And I do NOT look like Jullianna Moore or Jodie Foster!!! :lol:

Can't believe that I missed that group... *Moaps*. Hehe. Next time, I'm not missing ANYTHING! :P

Best bits. Hmmm.....

Well one of highlights has to be attacking Cher with make-up on Friday night and her acting like I was tortuting her to death or something! Then everyone saying she looked like Julianne Moore/Jodie Foster. ;)

Meep! You WERE torturing me! Lolz. It's inhuman, I'm telling you! :P:D

And I do NOT look like Jullianna Moore or Jodie Foster!!! :lol:

Can't believe that I missed that group... *Moaps*. Hehe. Next time, I'm not missing ANYTHING! :P

You totally did- you looked really pretty if I do say so myself!

Hehehe

"What's foundation?"

;)

Best bits. Hmmm.....

Well one of highlights has to be attacking Cher with make-up on Friday night and her acting like I was tortuting her to death or something! Then everyone saying she looked like Julianne Moore/Jodie Foster. :P

Meep! You WERE torturing me! Lolz. It's inhuman, I'm telling you! ;):D

And I do NOT look like Jullianna Moore or Jodie Foster!!! :P

You totally did- you looked really pretty if I do say so myself!

Hehehe

"What's foundation?"

;)

;) Whaaaat?.. :lol:

And no I didn't!.. I looked... I looked wrong... Makeup doesn't suit the Cher! Lolz. Or her evil Imposter! Hehe.

Please say you didn't take pics when I wasn't looking... :P

Edited by Cher2a

Meeting all the guys on Saturday night and my Billy Boyd & Matt Wood sigs look so cool.

To be honest Ron Perlman sucked and I hate London

All the guys? Sure about that? :huh:

Oh, and London sucks. I'm a Londener, so I can say so. Lolz.