Dealers selling pirate DVDs

I ve read all your posts with great interest and agree with certain points of view in both.

but this line has confused me i have re-read it a few times and it doesn't make any sense

Some of the software designers Mikedonovan was going on about. Make and write the software programs for the companies they work for right? now some of them themselves, then sell the expensive programs they or thers write of developed for a mere few bucks on the street?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was odd! must have been another message created when I edited it rather than just changing the original  :P  :lol:

Mike, you ARE odd. Lolz! It's all good, though! :P *Poke*.

;):P;):P

Whaaaat? :D

Ps. You're like a Shabs in the making, you are! Lolz. Looking menacing in the background... Like making me wait, don't you? ;):P

Lol who is this Shabs bloke then? Is he another incarnation of DrWhoNutz AKA Gazzarelli AKA LordPercy? :D:D

As to how the dealers got away with it, I guess no-one reported them.... I have to admit though, even though I don't agree with people doing it, I would never shop anyone in (just don't believe in it - don't like tattletaleing :P ) so I guess everyone just let them get on with it ;)

Lol who is this Shabs bloke then? Is he another incarnation of DrWhoNutz AKA Gazzarelli AKA LordPercy?  :D  :D

As to how the dealers got away with it, I guess no-one reported them.... I have to admit though, even though I don't agree with people doing it, I would never shop anyone in (just don't believe in it - don't like tattletaleing  :P ) so I guess everyone just let them get on with it  ;)

No man shabs is old school, has been on these boards for years. Nice lad met him at LFCC bit of a foreign accent about him

Cpt Apollo was Lord Percy

Gazzarelli I don`t think was anybody else, could be wrong

Im still waiting to find out who Drwhonutz was and will pay money to

Edited by Dom

Hmmm. First of all, referring to your earlier posts, I don't think anyone on here is calling you an idiot, so don't get too defensive. Also, in the same spirit, I don't want to get pedantic but it's best not to start criticizing others for their spelling, grammar, etc. whilst simultaneously making spelling and grammar errors in your own posts.

You have made a few good points, but mostly you have missed the key issue.

If you want, for example, a free operating system, go and download linux + KDE. If you want a free version of Microsoft Office, go get Open Office. Can't be bothered? Want the easy life that Windows gives you? Then pay for it. Windows is the product it is because Microsoft have invested millions into it, and the only way they can do that is if you pay for it. If you don't want to pay for it, get linux - end of story. Hence you have no argument where software is concerned.... if you can't be bothered for whatever reason to either a) pay for a product or b ) use a 'free' equivalent then as far as I'm concerned you are simply a leech, and I will treat you as such.

Same with music. If you want free music, listen to the radio. Want free films? Watch them on ITV. With very few exceptions (i.e. the TV licence fee) no-one forces you to pay for anything you don't want.

The bottom line is this. Stop telling me that, just because it's prevalent within society, that it is right by default. It's not, and this is a childish argument. Pay people for their work, and they will continue to produce it. Give them the respect they deserve.

No i haven't missed the main point, you have, and its painfully obvious you have by a mile!

Any errors in my spelling is a hell of a lot less than the other guy. Personally the way he jumped on my back he got what he deserved. smarmyness exists wayyyyyy..... too much around here, so just back off telling whether or not. I'm taking things too seriously around here or not.

The bottom line is this. Stop telling me that, just because it's prevalent within society, that it is right by default.

No i won't, cos your bitching about stopping it and going on and on about respect. Well did you report the bottleggers Saturday and Sunday at LFCC 3. Cos your complaining about respect falls short when frankly no one here has admited to reporting any dealers selling illegal copies of DVD's.

If your so oh so perfect in your statements. Then did you or didn't you make any complaints to SM? either you did or you most certainly didn't. So quit taking the high ground.

What are you? just one man in a society of 50 to 60 million people. If by default you don't like it so much. YOU round up the bad guys if you feel the good guys are losing out to pirates and DVD bootleggers.

If you want, for example, a free operating system, go and download linux + KDE. If you want a free version of Microsoft Office, go get Open Office. Can't be bothered? Want the easy life that Windows gives you? Then pay for it. Windows is the product it is because Microsoft have invested millions into it, and the only way they can do that is if you pay for it. If you don't want to pay for it, get linux - end of story. Hence you have no argument where software is concerned.... if you can't be bothered for whatever reason to either a) pay for a product or b ) use a 'free' equivalent then as far as I'm concerned you are simply a leech, and I will treat you as such.

My my? :lol:

All this from my example. tsk tsk, shame on you. Nice try in thinking i was supporting all that but i just gave an example you like to twist. Feel comfortable with everybody sucking up to you, but you're wrong in your claims. And for the bloody record for the umpteeth time, I DON'T SUPPORT PIRACY but acknowledge it exists within everybody's lives, within homes. and with all those hypocrites who say they don't but probably do anyways.

But sure, fine, do ahead and think one man shouting on the internet Pay people for their work, and they will continue to produce it. Give them the respect they deserve going to change how cynical people think. If you don't like it don't buy'em. Simple nuff said.

I don't buy tons of pirated DVD's or leech like you might have (don't know where you got that idea about me fella?) but i do know many others do it and will continue to do so.

Feel that pissed about it. Take on SM since they "HAD" those dealers there. calling me a leech cos you don't know how to argue pretty lame. You sound like some bootleggers actually stole from you personally? Soory if it did happen to you, but don't ever call me a leech EVER, i don't bootleg i my computer cost a ton of cash a few years back, so get you 'flipping' facts right for starters.

I ve read all your posts with great interest and agree with certain points of view in both.

but this line has confused me i have re-read it a few times and it doesn't make any sense

What this?

Some of the software designers Mikedonovan was going on about. Make and write the software programs for the companies they work for right? now some of them themselves, then sell the expensive programs they or Others write for or developed for. A mere few bucks on the street?

Alright it's fixed, if you don't understand now its your lost, not mine.

Go ahead and have your fanbase MD. Either post who you saw at LFCC 3 selling pirated DVD's or give up with it. Selfrightous spewing nonesense only makes you sound like a windbag. If it bugs you so much do something about then, if not quit trying to run things around here cos you obviously don't. Neither do i for the record don't feed me your crap about if you can't be bothered for whatever reason to either a) pay for a product or b ) use a 'free' equivalent then as far as I'm concerned you are simply a leech, and I will treat you as such. Sounds pretty 'fresh'! Will you now?

Hence you have no arguement, if a) You make up stuff as you go along or b.) Get my metaphor wrong and wander off talking about computer when really its about piracy of illegal DVD's.

If you so easily lost track in my metaphor then, there is little point in going any further with this subject as you yourself are losing focus and not up to speed keeping up.

Pity, as this was a good discussion.

I just tried to quote your post, but couldn't as I got some gibberish (as opposed to the nonsense of your 'argument')

I guess the bit I wanted to quote was:

Pity, as this was a good discussion.

No... it wasn't.... you've failed to actually respond to any of the points.

Please, try to actually sound like you have a grudge with me rather than go off on one to provoke me on diliberately, doofus!

I just tried to quote your post, but couldn't as I got some gibberish (as opposed to the nonsense of your 'argument')

To you maybe, where the hell is your arguement? didn't make one cos its isn't within your grasp to do so is it..aw!

Try again junior.

No... it wasn't.... you've failed to actually respond to any of the points.

Oh right, thats why i have more repsonces than yours, ah i see.. you really are confused. i should leave you alone then being you haven't even read all the posts on this thread have you?

Oh and learn to quit moaning about gibberish when you seem so good at it and do it generally in most post you do yourself. Are you an expert at it, i'm curious? seriously are you?

:lol:;)

Oh and learn to quit moaning about gibberish when you seem so good at it

Oh but please, step forward and take a bow yourself, as such a polished practitioner of the art!

But (semi-)seriously, since I had trouble replying to your previous post, please allow me to do that here.

Any errors in my spelling is a hell of a lot less than the other guy.

If that was aimed at me, then I beg to differ - I reckon I could throw those kiddies' magnetic plastic letters at my fridge door and come up with something better spelled (and more coherent) than your stuff at least 3 times out of 10 :rolleyes:

And for the bloody record for the umpteeth time, I DON'T SUPPORT PIRACY but acknowledge it exists within everybody's lives, within homes. and with all those hypocrites who say they don't but probably do anyways.

But sure, fine, do ahead and think one man shouting on the internet Pay people for their work, and they will continue to produce it. Give them the respect they deserve going to change how cynical people think. If you don't like it don't buy'em. Simple nuff said.

Your problem is that you seem to be saying that since it exists throughout society, just accept it and don't make a noise about it, since nothing will change. Unfortunately, you're talking about breaking a law of the land. Some of your quotes from other posts in this thread:

While it isn't right, don't think the easy solution to the problem is to simply point the finger and lable the culprit outright.

Look the moral is, just be sensible and don't break the law if you feel THAT PC about it.

It comes down to choice, either don't do it too much, or not at all (which is actually best) But piracy WILL exist in some form right under your very noses o.k.

Now, imagine the crime is burglary. Or murder. Or child molesting. All of them, like piracy, are illegal. All of them happen pretty much daily in society. Using your analogy, we shouldn't do anything to stop them. Sure, I bet if you see a guy running out of your house with your TV, your first thought will be "don't think the easy solution to the problem is to simply point the finger and lable the culprit outright." (sic)

The ultimate outcome of a society that declines to enforce its laws is either a collapse of that civilised society, or the rise of a repressive regime aimed at ending the increasing lawlessness, usually with a huge loss of personal liberty all round.

The fact is that piracy, like the other offences I mentioned, is against the law of the land. You can't decide which laws you are going to obey and which you are going to ignore, for that way lies anarchy. If you're not that bothered about people obeying the piracy law, maybe I'm not going to be that bothered about people obeying the laws on robbery, so screw you if you get mugged. If you want to live in an orderly society, you have to obey the laws. Feel free to campaign for their change, but what gives you the legal or moral right to decide that certain laws don't matter as much as others? Suppose we all turn round and say that the law that says you can't burn down Megafan's home isn't as important as any others.

Give me an ethical, logical reason why we should not bother about a particular law because some people are willing to break it.

Oh, and finally, anybody who can go from

Some of the software designers Mikedonovan was going on about. Make and write the software programs for the companies they work for right? now some of them themselves, then sell the expensive programs they or thers write of developed for a mere few bucks on the street?

to

What this?

Some of the software designers Mikedonovan was going on about. Make and write the software programs for the companies they work for right? now some of them themselves, then sell the expensive programs they or Others write for or developed for. A mere few bucks on the street?

and then claim

Alright it's fixed, if you don't understand now its your lost, not mine.

is beyond belief, certainly beyond satire. Mate, if you think that you just fixed it, you'll probably try to fix a leaky kitchen tape by using about a kilo of gelignite. (And the phrase should be "it's your loss" not "its your lost").

Actually I withdraw my above request for an ethical, logical explanation from you; I don't think that I could cope with the headache your ramblings would give me.

Hi,

I used to buy pirated videos, but stopped some years ago when I found out that almost all of them fund organised crime (including terrorist organisations).

I felt left out that I hadnt seen the "latest film on video", but on the other hand I could sleep at night because my fiver hadnt bought a few bullets.

Just my 2ps worth.

Cheers,

Karen

Oh but please, step forward and take a bow yourself, as such a polished practitioner of the art!

:blink::(:wub:

You been here for hours and only now thats the best reply you came up with?

You need to step in and fight another man's battles for him (poorly i might add ;) ) and do what exactly fall flat on your butt looking just as ignorant. Fine, let take your weak reply apart shall we.

Your problem is that you seem to be saying that since it exists throughout society, just accept it and don't make a noise about it*, since nothing will change. Unfortunately, you're talking about breaking a law of the land. Some of your quotes from other posts in this thread:

Nope never said that(*). You on the other hand fail to read my posts.

I DON'T SUPPORT PIRACY but acknowledge it exists within everybody's lives, within homes. and with all those hypocrites who say they don't but probably do anyways.

Guess your one of the hypocrites then jackass!

Now, imagine the crime is burglary. Or murder. Or child molesting. All of them, like piracy, are illegal. All of them happen pretty much daily in society. Using your analogy, we shouldn't do anything to stop them. Sure, I bet if you see a guy running out of your house with your TV, your first thought will be "don't think the easy solution to the problem is to simply point the finger and lable the culprit outright." (sic)

The ultimate outcome of a society that declines to enforce its laws is either a collapse of that civilised society, or the rise of a repressive regime aimed at ending the increasing lawlessness, usually with a huge loss of personal liberty all round.

Oh shut the hell up! My metaphor was close to the matter at hand. This........is wayyyyy off topic. So if you feel the need, go there if you must. But your really reaching for straws at this point. any doofus needing to make those kind of points is in serious need of help.

Take your pills, breath normally, put your "straitjacket" back on and sit in the corner? o.k.

The fact is that piracy, like the other offences I mentioned, is against the law of the land. You can't decide which laws you are going to obey and which you are going to ignore, for that way lies anarchy. If you're not that bothered about people obeying the piracy law, maybe I'm not going to be that bothered about people obeying the laws on robbery, so screw you if you get mugged. If you want to live in an orderly society, you have to obey the laws. Feel free to campaign for their change, but what gives you the legal or moral right to decide that certain laws don't matter as much as others?

I said i actually agreed with MD on the issueabout piracy. but not his way of putting them across. Its you dickheads who can't read let alone understand mere simple points, a child would get in real life.

Selfrightous morons claiming orderly, society **** off, you probably bought a pirated DVD so don't jump down my throat with that attitude junior.

I'll say it again, how many of you uptight heroic wannabes actually reported the dealers selling those pirated DVD's you're bitching on about to Showmasters themselves! I want to see hands, if not suck on it and bite your own lip. Have a go at me, you wish you cowardly braggers? :angry:

Give me an ethical, logical reason why we should not bother about a particular law because some people are willing to break it.

Oh i'll give you something alright, for jumpiing on my back like the coward you are?

is beyond belief, certainly beyond satire.

Yeah alot of what you said, is plenty satire alright. Ever done any gigs on stage lately? better not you might get eggs thrown at you. :D

Actually I withdraw my above request for an ethical, logical explanation from you; I don't think that I could cope with the headache your ramblings would give me.

Please do me a favor, everything you've put down is obviously designed to start a fight. See thats how the internet works. Guys like you see a fight online and start flaming away like there is no tomorrow at somebody you don't even know. Poor poor you TommyT. i'd feel sorry for you but i've got better things to worry about than some ignorant fool looking for a good time thinking he can even compete in this discussion.

since I had trouble replying to your previous post

I'm not surprised, its too much for you.

Oh love the way you avoided, my answers more or less in your quotes.

Look the moral is, just be sensible and don't break the law if you feel THAT PC about it.

Yes i did say that didn't i?

If thats gibberish to you. I suggest you either get stronger glasses or learn to read you thick moron. It so painfully obvious you want to fight. Pity no one told you how to put your points across like a grown adult.

You can't deal or cope with alot of things really. Gee that is sad. I suggest you leave this to people who have a grasp of reality and don't join the PC crowd thinking your concerns with change the world at large or makes you out to be a hero of some sort to anyone?

Why couldn't ask me a question like this:

Out of curiousity, how DID these dealers get away with it, then?..

See sensible enough?

Nah, you're too interested in starting fights on purpose. You dickhead ;)

And once again answer my question. Who reported the dealers to SM for their illegal activity? Cos unless you did shut up already! Most of you jumping in just want to fight with me to be the alpha male of the boards or something other than that. Sorry that won't happen.

And its getting pathetic! Just like you TommyT.

:P:D

Edited by Megafan

Thanks for not jumping down my throat on this lawrenson. i'd love to debate it with you, but as you can see people would rather lose the focus and start fights and other things they can't even finish.

Personally i think mostly everyone here has bought a pirated DVD. They all do, and if they deny it. Then too bad, i'm not interested in twofaced individuals who say otherwise and know they do period but act like they are higher than god and are the perfect person who deson't break any laws.

Crap, quit lying already.

You know you do, thats why no ones wants to come forward and say they'd grass-up a dealer selling the stuff?

If thats not the case, then deal with SM on the matter then, not me. I don't make the dealers go to SM events do i?

Edited by Megafan

Megafan, I've come to realize you fit a template seen all too regularly on message boards..... the guy who, bolstered by the relative anonymity of the 'net, decides that he can trash talk all he wants without comeback. Let's have a random look over some of the things you've said here : -

please, try to actually sound like you have a grudge with me rather than go off on one to provoke me on diliberately, doofus!

.....jackass!

Selfrightous morons

Have a go at me, you wish you cowardly braggers?

some ignorant fool looking for a good time thinking he can even compete in this discussion.

..start fights and other things they can't even finish.

Its you dickheads who can't read let alone understand mere simple points, a child would get in real life.

Nah, you're too interested in starting fights on purpose. You dickhead 

Most of you jumping in just want to fight with me to be the alpha male of the boards or something other than that. Sorry that won't happen.

And its getting pathetic! Just like you TommyT.

Etc.

What's with you eh? Can't you get your point across with trying to bitch-talk? All this crap about 'you started the fight so I'm going to finish it' is the sort of s*** I'd expect from a 10 year old kid (having said that, your English seems to 'age' you at about 11 so that would make sense....). I don't really care whether you agree with me, TommyT, lawrenson or whomever - that's your right, you can have whatever opinion you want. But one thing I do expect is that if you're going to argue, you do it without trash-talking. If you want to have a reasoned discussion, fine; but if you feel the need to 'give it large', there are other places, other forums.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's deal with some of your issues. Once you filter out all the posturing you've made two decent points in your last 10 posts.

Personally i think mostly everyone here has bought a pirated DVD. They all do, and if they deny it. Then too bad, i'm not interested in twofaced individuals who say otherwise and know they do period but act like they are higher than god and are the perfect person who deson't break any laws.

I would think you're right - most people probably have bought a pirated DVD. I myself never have (whether you like it or not), but I certainly would not look down on those who do; I just don't personally think it's right, simple as that, and if you ask me why I will tell you (as I have done earlier in this thread).

You know you do, thats why no ones wants to come forward and say they'd grass-up a dealer selling the stuff?

Don't know about the others here, but one thing I am not is a curtain-twitcher. I don't approve of these people selling dodgy DVDs, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go supergrass and walk up to teacher and 'tell' on them - it's just not my style. To a certain extent you have a point however (regardless of your confrontational way of putting it).

Now, I'd like to see a measured response from you here rather than quote/pimptalk/quote/pimptalk. I'm not hopeful, but we'll see.... but, if you aren't able to respond without treating this like a secondary school playground, then don't bother.

Surprise me.

Now, I'd like to see a measured response from you here rather than quote/pimptalk/quote/pimptalk. I'm not hopeful, but we'll see.... but, if you aren't able to respond without treating this like a secondary school playground, then don't bother.

Surprise me.

Bwah hahah ha ha ha.

Enough already. Please

Please bub why say that yet do it yourself. Or do you only read and see what you quote/pimptalk the hell you're on about, yourself to others? in laymans terms look at what you have done before you get all high and mighty with quote/pimptalk.

Surprise you? sigh, i actually thought you had some basic intelligence but you like to turn this into piracy Vs megafan when it truly isn't about me. but your inability to comprehend a discussion without not liking the other guy so i'll make it about him cos he shoots me down, and argues his points better than i do. (which lets face it is, damn true o.k. bub)

And before you get quote happy yourself you hypocrite. how many times did i say i actually AGRRED WITH YOUR ANGLE on piracy but didn't like how you put it across.

Sorry, but it plain obvious you can't read at all, if your having a go at a guy who says that about you which is a compliment.

oh watch out a quote is coming...............

Megafan, I've come to realize you fit a template seen all too regularly on message boards..... the guy who, bolstered by the relative anonymity of the 'net, decides that he can trash talk all he wants without comeback. Let's have a random look over some of the things you've said here : -

:wub::D:P

Eh?

I didn't trash talk you. Till you got all in my face about it, go back and read where you took things personal and you'll see pal. Far as fitting templates. You fit the one of the guy who thinks he is all that yet is surprised when somebody steps up to him and confronts him on all the lame brained issues he thinks he knows better than anyone else. You also fit the template of the, basement boy insulting and having a go at the the "basement boys"

So thats makes you the "uber basement boy" doesn't it.

Oh and far as the internet thing goes. Yeah plenty of people make typos you me everyone. So your pretty dumb resorting to that sad technique of trying to get under my skin with that old hat insult. So what, you'd expect typos on the net. Big frickin deal. Would you bet your life you'd never make another typo again? I'd love to see that one. Come forward and say you wouldn't ever again, please be that arrogant please.

Sorry, but your full of it! "$#!?" that is bub.

I'm not hiding at all, go back and read several of our posts (since you don't want quotes) and you'll see i said i'll talk to anyone on the matter about it.

Nice being pretty ignorant of what been already said but you ain't got no dice so quit while your behind me on this and settle for that fact you didn't want to continue a civil discussion like a grown up o.k. you didn't offer me any compliments but i did offer you several. Shows what a 'snake' you truly are doesn't it?

Give me plenty of comeback actually, just you, not your fanclub that jumps to your aid cos your in a jam without any assistance from others. Just YOU! Unless of course you can't. (wouldn't surprise me)

Etc.

What's with you eh? Can't you get your point across with trying to bitch-talk? All this crap about 'you started the fight so I'm going to finish it' is the sort of s*** I'd expect from a 10 year old kid (having said that, your English seems to 'age' you at about 11 so that would make sense....)

WHAT and look what you put down, you idiotic moron? :lol::lol:

Yeah fine example, you set the tone and attitude of the thread then try to counter with that old cliche. If your so superior and better why not avoid that pitfall you say is for 10 year olds yet make the same damn mistake all the time answering me in a rude aggressive manner?!

Set a fine example you certainly don't boy.

Nimrod!

Oh thats right thats what you'd say while trying to be Mr Adult about it right? but you still be childish doing so, isn't that right.

I don't really care whether you agree with me, TommyT, lawrenson or whomever - that's your right, you can have whatever opinion you want. But one thing I do expect is that if you're going to argue, you do it without trash-talking. If you want to have a reasoned discussion, fine; but if you feel the need to 'give it large', there are other places, other forums.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's deal with some of your issues. Once you filter out all the posturing you've made two decent points in your last 10 posts.

Giving it large? this isn't a club? you've been pretty vocal with your own insult with 10 year old this and that so please try to sound like your an adult without all the lowblow insults slid in there, while making them towards me sounding like your trying to be more of a prat that you already are. I'm suppose to take you seriously after the comments like; 10 year old, pimptalk, blab blab spelling mistakes nonsense and trashtalking you've made yourself.

PLEASE!

And another thing, but i gotta take it apart cos it just defeats your arguement dead in the water.

I don't really care whether you agree with me, TommyT, lawrenson or whomever - that's your right, you can have whatever opinion you want.

Then you going to be constantly arrogant cos you're suppose to care in an arguement! er thats why you argue in the first place. You fail to realise the logic in the discusssion anyways. Which by the way, if this is so persoanl to you, did you complain to SM about the DVD pirates yes or no? (if you can't answer ONE simple questin there is no hope for you then?)

If you didn't then that too is another mark against you. Cos i fail to understand why your so passionate about a mere arguement that for better or worse was going fine til you went overboard. Oh and taking my metaphor about the PC thing. Is another mark against you, you fail to grasp the logic there too.

I'd say surprised me. but i know your routine already. You'll still comeback with another insulting post yet again while trying to sound like you better than me and several other here. (oh boy, you ain't not by a long shot pal)

I would think you're right - most people probably have bought a pirated DVD. I myself never have (whether you like it or not), but I certainly would not look down on those who do; I just don't personally think it's right, simple as that, and if you ask me why I will tell you (as I have done earlier in this thread).

Must be in that alternate reality cos it ain't here. and you have argued with others before i made a post here looking down at others, so don't lie.

Now, I'd like to see a measured response from you here rather than quote/pimptalk/quote/pimptalk.

What like you tommyT and others have done already? Please. Grow up, that happens regardless on message boards so don't expect people to stop doing it cos YOU don't like to see it go on? Am i the only one doing it now, or be that the next post/thread somebody does on these message boards? No i won't be so live with it.

Don't know about the others here, but one thing I am not is a curtain-twitcher. I don't approve of these people selling dodgy DVDs, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go supergrass and walk up to teacher and 'tell' on them - it's just not my style. To a certain extent you have a point however (regardless of your confrontational way of putting it).

Yeah right. whatever. Far as going up to the teacher goes ( :D ) ah...o.k. fine whatever you say heh heh. but far as (regardless of your confrontational way of putting it)

Confrontational? :blink::angry:

Er......Yeah like you haven't alone with tommyT and others have been "Confrontational". Indeed, sure bub, whatever you say? And pigs fly if you haven't do so towards me, page in page out.

You're very ignorant or just plain dumb. Lets not kid ourselves you been insulting me along with others so don't ever take any high ground saying you aren't, cos you are. and will after my post too.

Ah i'm done with you anyways, say what you want. buy all your expensive movies and watch films in the most expensive cinemas 24/7 and see if most people here will give a hoot for you.

There really is no hope for people like you and TommyT. you don't choose to listen (or make sense) thus you get angry over nothing.

Later junior.

Remember now, you're suppose to set an example, so lets not see any quote/pimptalk/spelling error/trashtalk subtle lowblow remarks. Or your just what i've known about you, from the beginning. Just another hypocrite full of himself wanting to rule any posted thread he is involved with, Mr Oh-so-Perfect never wrong, MikeDonovan! You wish.

I've got better things to do than answer posts designed to starts fights from half brain idiots who think they know better like MD, tommyT, Chris_MK and other morons. Nice try but next time get your facts right before doing all the exact same things in your posts and acting like you didn't say that or do whatnot.

Pathetic.

Edited by Megafan

You on the other hand fail to read my posts. 

I've read them. I've even understood some of them. Perhaps you should try reviewing what you actually wrote, rather than what you thought you wrote.

Oh shut the hell up!

Is there no start to your rapieresque powers of debate?

Take your pills, breath normally, put your "straitjacket" back on and sit in the corner? o.k.

Physician heal thyself. It's clear from the intemperate outbursts and insults that you hurl, along with descents into incoherence, that you're the person in need of anger management. I defy anybody to read this thread and classify any other poster as out-ranting you.

Selfrightous morons claiming orderly, society **** off, you probably bought a pirated DVD
An ad hominem attack for which you have no proof. Hell, you don't even know if I own a DVD player. Simple fact is that I have never bought a pirated DVD. And that was a pretty poor response, dodging the entire ethical point that I raised.
I'll say it again, how many of you uptight heroic wannabes actually reported the dealers selling those pirated DVD's you're bitching on about to Showmasters themselves!

Not me. Didn't see it, wasn't there, wasn't even in the same country when it happened. So I could hardly do anything about it at the time, could I?

Oh i'll give you something alright, for jumpiing on my back like the coward you are?

And you accuse me of avoiding the point? :lol: Unreal.

If thats gibberish to you. I suggest you either get stronger glasses or learn to read you thick moron. It so painfully obvious you want to fight. Pity no one told you how to put your points across like a grown adult.

I can't put my points across like a grown adult and want to fight? Who's bandying about terms like "thick moron"?

And I note that you nicely skipped the point that your "fixing" of your previous post was no such thing - if anything you had made it worse.

I'm sorry, I do not wish to deal with you any longer. Not because of your superior debating skills or the inherent brilliance of your position, (please turn your irony detector up to maximum for that last bit - I'd hate you to take it straight) but because you continually avoid the serious points and simply resort to insults and "trashtalk" - a battle of wits with you is an exercise in unarmed combat.

As for trying to be the alpha male - bet you will just have to come back and have the last word won't you? :lol:

I used to buy pirated videos, but stopped some years ago when I found out that almost all of them fund organised crime (including terrorist organisations).

Hi Karen

Thanks for your input, but I cant agree with this as its aload of sh1te, there has never been any substantial evidence that pirate software funds terrorists, prostitution or any other criminal activity. These scaremongering tactics are made by politicians who have no idea about this industry, trying to scare people into thinking that buying these pirate films actually promote crime, it just goes to show you how desperate they are to try and stop people buying films.

Most sellers of these films are kids in bedrooms or someone downloading them and selling on boot stalls etc.

Hi Karen

Thanks for your input, but I cant agree with this as its aload of sh1te, there has never been any substantial evidence that pirate software funds terrorists, prostitution or any other criminal activity. These scaremongering tactics are made by politicians who have no idea about this industry, trying to scare people into thinking that buying these pirate films actually promote crime, it just goes to show you how desperate they are to try and stop people buying films.

Most sellers of these films are kids in bedrooms or someone downloading them and selling on boot stalls etc.

Yeah to be honest I doubt 10% goes to anything sinister. I know quite a few people that do quite a few dodgy things inc DVD`s and most of it just pays the bills and beer money. Its not like the guy is sittibg there working out how many dvd`s he has to flog to buy a canister of Sarin. Most are just sat there saying right. Thats the f***ing council tax paid now if I can get another £50 it will shut the missus up and I can go down the pub :lol:

Also I have noticed a lot of frustration in some of these posts, please people go and have some sex you need the release. If you can`t find someone by all means flog some copied films and go and buy it, Spielberg, Lucas & Cameron will understand :lol:

Also I have noticed a lot of frustration in some of these posts, please people go and have some sex you need the release. If you can`t find someone by all means flog some copied films and go and buy it, Spielberg, Lucas & Cameron will understand :D

I know someone that can help you out with that!

The DVD film part not the s£x

:D

Also I have noticed a lot of frustration in some of these posts, please people go and have some sex you need the release. If you can`t find someone by all means flog some copied films and go and buy it, Spielberg, Lucas & Cameron will understand :D

I know someone that can help you out with that!

The DVD film part not the s£x

:lol:

Thought you were trying to flog bootleg don't read, mods please delete then :D

Hi,

a shame then that Interpol have attempted to get various governments to act more forcefully on this matter, as for some organisations the trade in copyright piracy is now worth more than supplying marijuana.

Obviously you know better than Interpol do.

Copyright piracy is also theft, whether it is from a huge film studio or a small software company.

Cheers,

Karen

• Showmasters Admin

This is to everyone involved in the war that has started in this thread....

This has gone well passed a discussion and turned into various personal attacks. I will not allow it to continue. I'm not apportioning blame, and I don't want any finger pointing.

But the personal attacks stop now!

Edited by Too Tall