The SMs 8x10s - Impressed ?

dufresne

What did you think of the provided pics ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the provided pics ?

• Fantastic !
    • Good quality, poor selection
    • Good selection, poor quality
    • Selection and quality were awful
    • THERE WERE FREE PHOTOS ???

I only got autos from the 24 people today so didnt so as many 8x10s but the 24 ones were a bit ordinairy.

It was a bit annoying as well because I had a look at the pcitures before they showed up and would have been quite prepared to have bought some pics from a dealer but hardly any dealers seemed to have any 24 pictures.

No website adverts on them though so quite good from that point of view

One word sums up my opinions on the Showmasters photos: s***.

I thought they were terrible in every respect, the selection was awful, the variety of films was awful and the quality was awful. They had nothing but Firefly pics for Adam Baldwin, no Terminator pics for Xander Berkley and even when I looked over at the Val Kilmer table I know I would have found it very hard to get one I liked. Furthermore, they had picked some very bad shots, the only decent Billy Boyd got sold out very fast and all the others were bad to mediocre, and the quality on some of the photos was terrible aswell. The only decent Warwick Davis Ewok photo had a horrible white band around it, on all the Boyd photos half his hair was cut off and lots were grainy and unpleasant. This is a growing trend with SM, the photos were very bad at C7 too, and I cant see any reason for it other than pure laziness.

The best (IMO) picture of Kate as Janeway was a bit grainy (the one with the full body pose).

But like people have said before, you can always buy your own in advance.

Also, i went to see what pic's Ron Perlman had before my number came up, and to my supprise there were no pics of hellboy at all, no gaps either for the SM crew member to replace them and the desk was full of other charater pics. so i assumed for some reason they didnt have any at all.

so off i went and bought a hellboy pic for £4, only to find once in Ron's queue, there was a hellboy pic! nevermind!

Already said this in another thread, but yes the choice of films and photos were f***ing s***

I do agree now it is far better to buy them before you come, but it is not cheap and I can not see wht it is neccesary. If they can get decent photos why can`t SM?

I dont mind the quality so much, that I can live with they are free, well in a way

Its the fact that Adam Baldwin had no Full Metal Jacket pics and Xander none from T2 oh my god these were 2 of the big cult films and got completely overlooked??? :P

Im sure just the fact the pics were not there cost the show at least £2000+ in lost revenue from fans who would have got autos had the pics been provided.

Its the fact that Adam Baldwin had no Full Metal Jacket pics and Xander none from T2 oh my god these were 2 of the big cult films and got completely overlooked???

come on though xander had a really small part in t2!

:yoda: I thought thst the Mattherw Wood selection were poor. As said before they were all of posed positions and naone that were taken from the film which was what i wanted. However, i seteled for a close head shot picture and i must say that i quite like it the more i look at it

Its the fact that Adam Baldwin had no Full Metal Jacket pics and Xander none from T2 oh my god these were 2 of the big cult films and got completely overlooked???

come on though xander had a really small part in t2!

Yeah it was small, but ask anybody about stuff they remember from T2 con goer or regular and i bet 75% will mention that scene.

I'm not so upset now that I couldn't make it.

See, I would have wanted him to sign a CSI pic. Yeah, I know he was only a guest star in 5 or so episodes, but they still count :P

In all fairness though, I think I would have probably taken my own pic to sign ;)

I generally agree with the comments made here.

On the plus side the John Barrowman selection was a definate improvement on the sole offering Noel Clarke had at C7!

Knowing what to expect I took a couple of photos with me to make sure I got signatures from the specific film I wanted . Unfortunately they were Tombstone ones for for Val Kilmer to sign. Oh well, you can't win them all.......

I bought a charisma photo and a ron (as hellboy) photo at a stall to get sgned as I was being really picky about what I wanted... got up there and they had the same exact pics for both. Billy's pics weren't bad, warwicks were not bad. I got a pic of Xander and Sarah together which I thought was a stroke of genius. Well done to SM for showing some initiative and realising us 24 fans would want them together!

Glad this thread is here (my main complaint about today) as the photos continue to be v.poor. Of all the shows around SM continually provide the worst photos yet nothing happens to improve this matter. Well we are only attendees what does it matter.