Autograph prices for guests

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin
:D  If the comic guests are signing for free, does that include the photos? If it is then i might get a load and sell them on ebay

;) Cheeky! :P Actually, the guests that sign for free usually do personals, not plains, because of precisely that...

Good I'm glad to hear that. Why do people feel the need to try and gain from other peoples generosity.

I have a question....do the stars get the money? Who gets the money for the autographs? For example Kate's 20...what happens to that money? Does she stay with it? Or only part of it?

I dont think anyone knows 100% what the financal situation is between SM and the guests and really it is none of our business but I have read that SM take all profits from autographs and that they pay a guest a set amount up front before the event, this is pretty risky because if they pay alot for a guest and then not many people get autographs they can be alot of money down.

I have a question....do the stars get the money? Who gets the money for the autographs? For example Kate's 20...what happens to that money? Does she stay with it? Or only part of it?

I dont think anyone knows 100% what the financal situation is between SM and the guests and really it is none of our business but I have read that SM take all profits from autographs and that they pay a guest a set amount up front before the event, this is pretty risky because if they pay alot for a guest and then not many people get autographs they can be alot of money down.

:lol: don't affect me so I do not care

QUOTE (Cher2a @ Jun 20 2005, 10:30 PM)

QUOTE (lee_c00per @ Jun 20 2005, 10:16 PM)

If the comic guests are signing for free, does that include the photos? If it is then i might get a load and sell them on ebay 

Cheeky!  Actually, the guests that sign for free usually do personals, not plains, because of precisely that... 

Good I'm glad to hear that. Why do people feel the need to try and gain from other peoples generosity.

--------------------

exactly it just takes less items and time away from the geniune fans of the writers /artist!! :lol:

Why charisma is more than Billy B i have no Idea hes bigger than her, shes only been big in Angel

Hello,

Charisma is crwd puller for this event check out the polls and she aint just been in angel she's been a foundation in the buffyverse as shes been in buffy from the beggining and angel beggining to end + Charmed and if Eliza gets £20 I can understand Charisma getting £20. I like LOTR but no way is Billy is in no way bigger than her !

• Showmasters Admin
wow - Warwick Davies is such a legend - £10, that's v. nice of him I guess - but i'm js wandering whether it'll be busy now cos i dnt think i'll get up in time for early bird even tho i live very near lol

Are you asking if the show will be busy or if Warwick will be busy?

Thanks for answering but I did find it a bit inappropriate that you said, "it is none of our business"! As I recall...it's our money and we do, if we wish to know, have a right to know where it goes.

All I did was ask! If I didn't think I had a right to know what happens with the money I wouldn't have asked! :lol:

Anyhow...thanks for the answer...

• Showmasters Admin

TBH Colonel Jack O'Neill is right, we don't have a right to know.

When you get on the bus would you consider asking the bus driver how much of the fare he gets paid?

When you go to the cinema would you ask the person selling the tickets or food how much of your money they get?

No you wouldn't and why? Because it is none of your business. SM run the show, it's their business and their business alone how they use/distrabute the money.

• Showmasters Admin

TBH I doubt it. Esp on Saturday when he's not going to be there very long. He may well do personalisations, but to keep the queue moving, I'd be very surprised if you will be able to get a posed photo.

This is only a guess and I would love to be proved wrong.

Edited by Too Tall

Well, Kate used to donate money which was earned at conventions to her Alzheimer''s charity.

I have no idea if she'll do that now, too, however it might be most likely.

Um, a bit of both really - if it's anything like LFCC 2 then I know what to expect but I’m just thinking bigger venue = bigger turn out as there will be more passers by who may spontaneously pay a visit. But I hope Warwick isn't busy - I’d love a chance to chat to him about Willow lol.

(BTW sorry I took so long, work = manic atm)

• Showmasters Admin

Um, a bit of both really - if it's anything like LFCC 2 then I know what to expect but I’m just thinking bigger venue = bigger turn out as there will be more passers by who may spontaneously pay a visit. But I hope Warwick isn't busy - I’d love a chance to chat to him about Willow lol.

(BTW sorry I took so long, work = manic atm)

TBH no one knows yet how busy the show will be. I hope for SMs sake it's huge :P

I think Warwick has been to enough of these events that he's not going to be over whelmed. I think he'll be one of the 2-3 people in his queue at a time people. i.e. He will always have people coming up to see him, but he won't be on VTs, so you'll be able to get to see him within about 10 minutes, whenever you go up.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin
TooTall, any idea which gusts will be on VT and where do we get them ???

You get the guests VTs at the end of their queues. Each guest will have a seating area with a queue, above their seat will be a big poster with their name and picture on.

People that will defo have VTs.

Kate Mulgrew

Val Kilmer

Charisma Carpenter

Adrian Paul

Ron Perlman

Garrett Wang

Adam Baldwin

Billy Boyd

Xander Berkeley

People that will poss have VTs.

John Barrowman