MUST READS!

@field

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ultimates. The whole damn series. Its one of my favourite series of all time, especially Homeland Security (It is the only time reading a comic made me feel like I was watching a huge summer blockbuster in the cinema) and the full whack of Ultimates 2 (Gods & Monsters and the STILL running Grand Theft America) was very intense, leading up to the current invasion of the US. Fair enough, the series has had a lot of problems with release schedules (#12 came out the week of Collectormania 10, #13 is currently lined up for the week of C11!!!), but its worth it!

Mark Millars run on Marvel Knights: Spiderman was awesome, running from the first book Down Among The Dead Men, through Venomous and ending with The Last Stand. Kicking off when an unknown villain kidnaps Aunt May, Peter is run ragged through all his rogues gallery, from Electro and The Vulture, to Doc Ock and a NEW Venom...

The Knightfall trilogy in Batman was awesome as well, seeing Bane how he should be seen, as opposed to tha damn awful Batman and Robin version.

Watchmen is a must read for any serious comic fan.

• 2 weeks later...

X-23: Target X

Oh, definately! Good call, man.

I have been with X-23 since her X-Men: Evolution appearance, but didn't think that she would work in the comic world, but she SO does! It is very, very cool. The letter writing kind of script is very nice... It reminds me why I loved Wolverine: Origin so much. I'm writing one of my issues like that... It wont be half as good, though... Obviously.

• 1 year later...

May i throw World War Hulk into the mix??

Im more of a casual comic book reader but since Civil War have been following as many story arcs as possible and with Hulk back smashing heroes left right and centre i was gripped

there's a small press publisher out there called MOONFACE PRESS.

they do great little one-shot comic books,entirely self contained stories,so you can pick them up,read them and enjoy...

currently,they have a book available called SEPTIC ISLE,a post-modern bondian spy thriller,with a twist.

it's written by ANDY WINTER,with art by MICK TRIMBLE.

check it out at www.britainisbroken.com

• 1 month later...

For the Gargoyle fans here

New Gargoyle Comics released in 2006 ignoring the 3rd season The Goliath Chronicles but due to Licence too expensive, Slave Labour Graphics can't continue with it.

Gargoyles Clan Building - Nightwatch, The Journey, Invitation Only, Masque, Bash, Reunion, The Rock, Rock and Roll.

The first 6 issues also released as a trade paperback graphic novel. The next 6 issues will be as well but don't know when

Gargoyles Spin off Bad Guys Redemption - Strangers, The Lost, Estranged and Louse

This will also be released as a trade paperback, Graphic Novel but don't no when.

You can get these from SLGcomic.com and its worth getting.

• 8 months later...

must reads are many, here would be a few of mine

Preacher

Hitman

Sin city

runaways (1st volume)

spawn - recent David hines storylines

amazing Spiderman - classic stories such as original Vemon saga, death of jean deworf, kraven last hunt.

Death of superman - is always a great read(sometime corny i know)

Batman knightfall

Kingdom come

Secret wars (volume one)

Infinity Gaunlet

the dude :(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Watchmen is an obvious for this list though its already been mentioned, just thought I'd reitterate the point.

I'm also a huge fan of Brian Azzarello's Joker, I thought it was an amazing combination of writing and artwork, on top of that I loved Marvel's Civil War though I'm not sure if that's a popular choice.

I would also recommend Cable and Deadpool and Joss Whedon's X-Men

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Surprised nobody has mentioned the current Invincible Iron Man series, it's absolutely brilliant, great writing and a load of really nice artwork (AND #25 coming out soon has a lot of sweet variant covers to coincide with the new movie, including this awesome foil cover to launch the new suit http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oHqRVzerLLY/S0dH...n+man+armor.jpg :D )

• 3 months later...

The rebooted of sorts ULTIMATE Marvel titles are excellent. It is definitely a case of reading more than one in a session of comic reading. Very addictive. Story lines are excellent. Graphics are top notch.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...