Any restriction on what items can be signed?

fray101

Last time I went to LFFC I was happy to get one of the free 10x8s signed, but this time I thought it would be an idea to get one of the wallpapers I've made signed.

But, just been reading (ahem) another organisation's forum and apparently they don't let you get "unlicensed items" signed, which would seem to include pictures created on pcs etc.

Apologies if guidelines can be found elsewhere on the site - just point me to the thread! But in any event, just wondered what Showmasters' view on the subject was.

it depends on the guest. some won't mind signing scans and some will only sign licensed stuff. like matt wood for example - im guessing he will only sig licensed stuff. I doubt charisma will be signing any of her glamour shoots either - going from previous appearences by her

Thanks!

I guess I'll still bring the wallpapers - there's nothing risque (no offence Charisma, I certainly want your autograph but have little interest in the Playboy shoot!), not as if they're heavy and I can just pick up the freebies anyway if there's a problem. I just figured it would be nice to get something original signed, rather than the same old shots (nice as they no doubt are) which will be on offer. And other people have commented that giving the Guests something original to sign is a good way of getting a reaction from them :pyth:

It is not what you bring with you it is how many which is a problem. There is a limit of 5 items per person.

I got DVDs, T-Shirts, a Star Wars board and an art picture signed which was no problem.

I have bought some 8x10's from Ebay for Grace to sign and one is of an official photo shoot she did and i hope it wont be a problem.

:pyth:

It is not what you bring with you it is how many which is a problem. There is a limit of 5 items per person.

I got DVDs, T-Shirts, a Star Wars board and an art picture signed which was no problem.

I have bought some 8x10's from Ebay for Grace to sign and one is of an official photo shoot she did and i hope it wont be a problem.

:lol:

would that be the scantiliy clad picture of Grace you enquired about the other month LOL :pyth:

Maybe you could place some post-it notes over it so as not to embarass the girl..! But I don't get people who willingly pose for shoots and then get a little funny about signing photos from them.

Good to know I haven't wasted valuable ink printing out my wallpapers :lol: And I've got to say, surely 5 items per person is more than enough? From a financial point of view if nothing else, never mind the poor people in the queue waiting patiently to get their one item signed! I remember when the remastered Star Wars Trilogy was released on video, Anthony Daniels was doing a signing at HMV - I thought I'd take a chance dashing out in my lunchhour but never stood a chance a) because of the people getting multiple items signed and :pyth: because he was too darned pleasant and spent ages chatting to everyone.

Curse these pleasant guests!

Edited by fray101

a friend got a screen shot signed at c7 that she had prited out, I don't see why it would be a problem but of course there's always the guest choice :lol:

but they are often happy to see the effort fans go into when different things are brough to be signed :lol:

in ref to this bit fray101:

But, just been reading (ahem) another organisation's forum and apparently they don't let you get "unlicensed items" signed, which would seem to include pictures created on pcs etc.

if it is a proper con i.e. you pay £80 or whatever to get in and it includes autos, they often have to put limitations on what can be signed e.g.it must be a licensed item like an official photo they will provide because of their deal with paramount or who ever. it's different at signing events like LFaCC and CM because you are paying per guest signeture but at cons they are sort of giving you the signeture, you are not paying for it directly :lol:

hope this makes sense and isn't too woffley, read this sort of explanation a LONG time ago on another con's boards myself :lol:

sarah oneill

phew that's a relief! thanks!

getting 8x10s signed is always good cause then you can stick them up and look at them :lol: buuuuut of course there is only sooo much wall space, unfortunately! :lol:

8x10s are also easilly storable or mountable where as an item might gather dust or the sig must be warn off a boxset with use :o

best advice to you would be to take your creations with you and then decided on the day :lol: once you get your virtual queueing ticket, have a quick look round the stalls and see if you can see anything better and if you do, just take your printouts with you to show the guest anyways :lol:

sarah oneill

Well I've printed them out now so they'll be coming with me! If they don't want to sign them, no worries but if they do - well, I think it will be pretty cool (and I promise not to sell them on ebay as "rare collectibles"!).

I know some people like to have more exotic things signed (and sure, I was half tempted to get Charisma to sign my Smile Time Puppet Angel, whether she was in that episode or not!) but I'm kind of dull and happy to stick to A4 photos! (although last year I ended up getting framed film cells signed by Billy Boyd - that was nice). At the momet my autos (whether genuine or "bought them off ebay so your guess is as good as mine" are safely tucked away in a photo albumOh, apart from a Titanic one which came in a big frame, as well it should considering how much it cost (really don't like to dwell on that too much!).

Think I'll be spending enough on autographs without having to worry about merchandise as well! Just didn't want to break any sacred convention laws :lol:

Edited by fray101

Well I know if I was sat signing my name for hours on end it would brighten the day by being given a variety of items rather than the same few photos over & over :lol:

That must have been so cool with Alexis - not sure I'll get such a reaction with my wallpapers (although I am kind of proud of the Jayne one!) but we shall see.

she might have chaged her mind but she was refusing the fhm ones last time and they aren't as revealing

True, but she wasn't happy with those. She did a radio interview a while ago and said if someone asked her to sign the Playboy shoot, she would.

• Showmasters Admin

It think the best advice for anyone is.....

If you THINK there is a chance the guest will not sign your item. e.g. It's not official, it's nude picture. Then make sure you have a back up.

When you pay for an autograph you are entitled to a free photo. So take one, that way if the guest will not sign your item for whatever reason you have the picture to be signed instead.

It think the best advice for anyone is.....

If you THINK there is a chance the guest will not sign your item. e.g. It's not official, it's nude picture. Then make sure you have a back up.

When you pay for an autograph you are entitled to a free photo. So take one, that way if the guest will not sign your item for whatever reason you have the picture to be signed instead.

Thank heavens for freebies!!

Guess I can take the risk of bringing 2 10 x 8 photos with me, hardly going to weigh me down :D