Best way to get into star trek

Sauron

as embarresing as this sounds ive never really watched star trek (for no particular reason) and therefore have never been too bothered about it and i keep hearing everyone saying how good it is.

can anyone really tell me how to get into it?

help much appreciated

sauron

1 - turn on your tv

2 - flick to teletext/sky tv planner etc and research the viewing times

3 - once viewing time is established, prepare for said program

4 - take up comfortable position on couch

5 - go to kitchen and get a drink/some snacks that you forgot earlier

6 - return to couch to find your carefully picked out spot, occupied by cat

7 - yell at cat to move

8 - notice cat ignores you

9 - launch cat across room

10 - smile smugly as you reclaim now warm, comfortable spot

11 - enjoy

:lol:

No really, there is no way to get into it, you just have to watch it and see how it goes. It depends also on which Star Trek you want to watch; Original, DS9, Enterprise, TNG, the list goes on, and they all have their differences.

You are better off trying to catch an episode or two, and if you like it cool...if not, try one of the other Star Treks.

Generally, if you like sci-fi, you can't go wrong with Star Trek.

Edited by Strider

It can also be best to sometimes, start from the beginning because if they introduce characters that have been in previous episodes or aliens that have been in previous episodes you may loose the plot a little and then you might get a little board to quickly....If you can it might be best to start with something like TNG (The Next Generation) not the first series but a little bit more up to date (i.e. it wasn't done in the 60/70's so looks a little newer) then say William Shattners TOS (The Original Series)

I know Trek is good for making it easy for people to just watch an episode and be able to follow the story line easily no matter who is in it, or how long you have been watching it for, and that is one reason why I like it, but especially with DS9 (Deep Space Nine) and TNG, there have been quite a few recurring characters, not so much in Voyager as it is (as you may know) a show about a ship that is light years away from home and trying to get back, so basically they don't seem to stay in one area long enough to get as many repeat characters?....

At the end of the day its your choice which series you start with, as Strider said "Generally if you like sci-fi, you can't go wrong with Star Trek."

:lol:

LLAP :lol:

I'd go for the old 'start at the beginning' approach. It worked for me and I'm hooked now!

Many years ago, I had a passing interest in Next Gen but felt it was just too vast to get involved in. The along came DS9 and I set about hiring the videos one by one from my local video rental store. It was the start of a love affair!!! :unsure: