If you really wanted to meet a guest ?

How much would you pay for a Auto ?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a Auto ?

• £25
    • £35
    • £45
    • £50
    • £60
    • £70
    • £75
    • £90
    • £100
    • The Sky is the Limit

On the back of all the recent threads and polls about what guests are worth, how much would you actually be willing to pay ? This is purely to get a signed photo, with the guest signing in front of you. No guarantees of a conversation, or a photo, just the guest and the sig. And we are talking big names here, no fourth orc on the right or stormtrooper 3rd from the back here.

Within reason, of course, but the sky has to be the limit. I won't remortgage my house, but you can stay in the following weekend and recoup the money ! If the guest is big enough, you have to make the effort !

It depends on the guest of course, but for most very big names I would consider paying up to about £70. Would prob go up to£100 for Huge names and if it was someone I considered particularly special then I would be willing to pay over £100.

You would be paying for a unique opportunity to get an in person autograph and possibly meet one of your idols, so I guess the Sky is the limit, or financial resources at least.

For major stars you could pay the best part of £100 and up for a signed photo from a dealer, but this way you get to see them, see them sign it, shake their hand, speak to them briefly. No contest really, all presuming that you are not too tongue-tied to say anything !

Edited by GoldenGreen

I voted £25. Depending on if you could have pics taken with them or not - I would pay more for that. Not having a go because at events like C7 and the James Marsters situation I wouldn't pay more than that to be rushed thru a queue - I appreciate he had to rush to get thru as many as he could but I wouldn't pay the money for it.

You would be paying for a unique opportunity to get an in person autograph and possibly meet one of your idols, so I guess the Sky is the limit, or financial resources at least.

For major stars you could pay the best part of £100 and up for a signed photo from a dealer, but this way you get to see them, see them sign it, shake their hand, speak to them briefly. No contest really, all presuming that you are not too tongue-tied to say anything !

exactly!

:vader: If it was to meet George Lucas then i would pay whatever the wanted per autograph.

For people like Mark Hamil, Ian McDiarmid, Christopher Lee then i would pay about £50.

For People like Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christiansen, Anthony Daniels, Liam Neeson and Natalie Protman i would pay about £25 only because i would want a few of them.

I would never pay more than £35 and even that would be a stretch. Often you can get the guests elsewhere (example - in theatre) but if they were really really rare and i was a really really big fan then I may have to reconsider, but it would be a struggle. I don;t honestly think I would be able to justify it to myself to pay more than £35 for one autograph. I still hmm and harr about whether carrie fisher was worth the £25! :unsure:

Meeting James Marsters was worth every single penny, 'cos he was so cool!! :D £20? And getting my Spike presentation signed? I'd have paid £20 just to meet the guy :D Absolute dude, top bloke.

I was actually considering flying over to California (yup, from England!) on about 8 hours notice to have the chance to meet David Duchovny a couple of months back....!! I physically couldn't afford it though, plus the small issue of exams and the impossibility of actually getting there in time...

I'd happily pay a hundred quid to meet David Duchovny, definitely :unsure: And probably to meet Pierce Brosnan.... again!!! :D:D:D

Course, then I wouldn't be able to eat for a while (student!) but hey! :blink:

Spookie

Well, I'm planning on paying £100+ for Buzz Aldrin at Autographica. Honestly, if they got someone really big who I really wanted to meet, like Quentin Tarantino or Christopher Walken, and I could get a personalisation and photo, I would be prepared to pay 2 or 3 hundred.

Guess it depends who it is. The most I've eva paid for an unpersonalised autograph is £100. The most I've paid for a personalised one is £50. That was to meet David Boreanaz and to get a photo too. I was kinda cheeky and dismissed the event photo you were meant to use for a lifesize cut out. Did get it personalised though (with a big heart) after I joked he might need a bigger pen, so it pays to engage them in conversation if you can. Managed to get Christian Slater for free when he was in the westend so it pays to go to stage doors etc if you can. Would pay the sky for a chance to meet Mark Hamill though! Wish list:

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Marc Singer

Mark Hamill

Guess it depends who it is. The most I've eva paid for an unpersonalised autograph is £100. The most I've paid for a personalised one is £50. That was to meet David Boreanaz and to get a photo too. I was kinda cheeky and dismissed the event photo you were meant to use for a lifesize cut out. Did get it personalised though (with a big heart) after I joked he might need a bigger pen, so it pays to engage them in conversation if you can. Managed to get Christian Slater for free when he was in the westend so it pays to go to stage doors etc if you can. Would pay the sky for a chance to meet Mark Hamill though! Wish list:

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Marc Singer

Mark Hamill

There is a list of people I would pay £50 plus without blinking, to be fair I would go to £100 and I know there are plenty more that would too!

MJ Fox

Chris Llyod

Eddie Murphy

Mike Myers

Mark Hamill

Frank Oz

Ian Mcdiarmd

Chris Lee

Ian Mckellan

Vigo Mortison

Sam Jackson

Sly Stallone