Last Post Wins?

Nell

I AM THE WINNER!!!!!!! Seeing that BAFTA haven't yet got their heads out of their- um, and applied a new category being that of "Best Extra." for which I have campaigned tirelessly to happen etc etc.

Don't Bafta realise that my role in Eastenders (when they were filming here on location) as "Man on beach with Umbrella." brought with it a gravitas unlike any other extra? I didn't really rehearse that scene and one of my best chums on set was one of the security guards, yes, yes, yes, we go way back and spoke about the time I trod the boards at the R.S.C. with Larry and Johnny, ya, ya, ya, anyways, he told me that "If you STOP taking so many Yodadamn pictures with that friggin camera of yours!!! Then you'll be in this bleeping scene!"

Oh, how we used to josh about on set, I remember he tasered me when I nick- um, stole, um apprehended a stray biscuit and made myself a Cup of Tea in between takes, I mean, for goodness sake I know the B.B.C. is stretched but a bis- um where was I?

Yes, the moment I was "Man on beach with umbrella." it was when Shona, dear, dear Shona, yes, we go way back, at ELSTREE STUDIOS no less and in her scene it involved her being approached by a Police Officer to see the body dragged up on the beach, that of her abusive pimp Rob, played by Jodie Latham, ahhh Jodie what can I say about Jodie, a marvellous thespian who is such a real softie in real- um anyways so the scene was that Shona saw Rob- I mean Jodie as in Jodies character that of Robs body being dragged up on the beach by the lifeguards and this involved Shona seeing the body- which obviously was her acting, and her going utterly hysterical and crying and throwing up- or maybe the throwing up wasn't acting maybe it was the dodgy food that is sometimes served in Saaafend, innit?

But the reason why that scene was so pivotal, I was told later on was because of "Man on beach with umbrella." and if not for "Man on beach with umbrella." who currently is working at being accepted as possibly maybe being a stand up person for some fix factor contestant- if they can get out of rehab first- is open for all offers.

And if not for "Man on beach with umbrella." that whole scene would have fallen apart, and thus would have seen the whole episode fall apart and the whole time that they were all in Saaaafend fall apart.

There is a petition to get the hoity toity bigwigs at Bafta to realise the potential that "Best Extra." needs to be. Although there is currently only one signature on it, well more a smudge, well more a dried on biscuit.

But in short, as this is the LAST POST. I, yes I, yes I as "Man on beach with umbrella." WINS!

Ah, but I had it all night ;)

To quote Kenneth Williams, "Oooh Matron!"

ALAS! THE TRUE WINNER IS HERE! Yes, little people, my fame knows no boundaries and today, yes today the most brilliant thing happened, I yes me, yes I yes the person Writing this WOOF! Yes, I was... Now brace yourself because for some of those who didn't think I was famous enough, I was asked, wait for it... I was asked for my Autograph, in fact I remember it clearly:

"Can I have your Autograph?"

This, I assure you, wont change me, but for Yoda's sake what the heck is up with this mineral water? In fact I doubt it IS mineral water, I WANT EVIAN not the polluted stuff you get out of the faucet/tap! And I want it chilled, what good is room temperature!!!!!!! *Throws a bowl of beluga caviar across the room* NOW LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE MADE ME DO! If you want me I'll be off in my Lotus maserati 10.8 with a v8 engine carburettor that can go nought to a billion dollars in 4.0 seconds- NICE! Also, get me tickets for La Boheme, and no putting me in the cheap seats after last time, honestly Richard Branson can really yak yak yackety yak.

I told you all this Fame and Money- I told you all this Fame wouldn't change me.

P.S. A checkout person in a well known store who wanted my signature so I could get one of those papery things that I always thought grew on trees counts doesn't it?

But if I ask for your autograph now, don't I win?

Oh you do win! Because you get my Autograph. Hang on, I need to write this properly, but am on the Phone securing a new 1 billion dollar movie deal-