ANSWERS for Newbies - Look before posting.

Too Tall

can I suggest that you add "which tube station is closest to the event?" because it is not actually Earl's Court!! but another one as posted on the LFaCC website!  B)

Earl's Court 2 (EC2) is basically stuck on the back of the main Earl's Court exhibition centre (EC1). As such, the closest tube station to EC2 is West Brompton, on the Wimbledon branch of the District line. However, Earl's Court tube station is served by considerably more trains/tubelines, and is only about a 3 or 4 minute longer walk than from West Brompton tube, basically because from Earl's Court tube you have to walk round EC1 to get to EC2.

It's usually not worth the wait to change for a train to West Brompton in my opinion (and years of experience living on the Wimbledon branch of the District line, waiting for a connection ;) )

Basically I would say that unless you have major mobility problems which will make a few minutes extra walk a serious problem, then

if you're approaching the venue from the south on a District line (Wimbledon branch) train, get off at West Brompton

if you're approaching the venue from the east on a District line train that will be going down the Wimbledon branch, stay on the train at Earl's Court and get off at West Brompton

if you're approaching the venue from the east on a District line train that will not be going down the Wimbledon branch, get off the train at Earl's Court - if there is a Wimbledon branch train there waiting (or due imminently) on the adjacent platform, catch that to West Brompton - if there's no such train imminent just leave the station and walk

if you're approaching the venue from the west on a District line train, get off the train at Earl's Court, leave the station and walk - by the time you've crossed over the bridge to get to the relevant platforms for a train to West Brompton, you might as well have walked to the venue anyway

if you're approaching the venue from any direction on a Piccadilly line train, get off the train at Earl's Court, leave the station and walk - by the time you've wandered through the station and changed lines to get to the relevant platforms for a train to West Brompton, you might as well have walked to the venue anyway

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for making that clearer, I only posted as I noticed this have been written by SM on the LFaCC website

thought it might be a good idea that it's mentioned incase people get off the tube at Earl's Court and expect the event to be held at EC1, which is right in front of you as you exit the tube station (unless you exit the other end of the station in which case you will see SHOPS and PUBS etc ;))

so... people with alot of luggage then maybe West Brompton is the tube for you, if not shift ya butt's and get some excersise!!! B)

Oh yeah, if you are getting off at Earl's Court, make sure you look for the exit for the Exhibition Centre B)

Yeah, Earl's Court station is only about 3-4 minutes more walk, and the West Brompton trains are scheduled to be every 9 minutes or so (and believe me there's a lot of room for stretch in those schedules :D ) - I can't see the point in waiting 4, 5, 6, 7 (or more) minutes for a train, to ride it for another couple of minutes, just to save yourself 4 minutes walk. And if you've got so much luggage that it's a problem, how are you going to cope lugging it round EC2 all day? ;)

this is just a guess but from the people they have announced so far i imagine there will be a hitchhikers talk, a 24 talk, a voyager talk, and prb ron perlman and/or charisma talk as these two would justify a talk with just them involved.

It would be great to see val do a talk but since he only has so much time i imagine he will just be signing!

• Showmasters Admin
WOW!

TT a mod!

Hope you are well mate :D

Anyone else still around- Mich, Bex, others???

JBL - Yes TT the mod ^_^

Mich is still about, check out the costume section. That's were she is normally.

Bex - She does come on here every so often. you'll have to keep an eye out for her. Post in her Bex's bar thread. I'm sure she'll reply.

• Showmasters Admin
sorry for the double post, other additions you might like to make (these are taken from topics posted on the page below the pinned ones)

What time do guests sign till? val topic

how should I store my autographs photos

included in this one is a link to the MSPG FAQ thread that can be found in the "sponser promotions" section of the forum - might be a good idea to add this link in the first post as well?  :D

You mean like this one....

What time do the guests stop signing?

that's been there for about a week :wub:

Val is a specific case and only SM can answer that. And I'm guessing they may not know for sure.

I'll look at adding the tube one though, good suggestion ^_^

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin
So when are SMs likely to post the talks ... the page is looking a bit empty atm! ^_^

I know nothing more than you guys, but I have asked (sent a mail). I'll post if/when I find out anything more.

So when are SMs likely to post the talks ... the page is looking a bit empty atm!  ^_^

I know nothing more than you guys, but I have asked (sent a mail). I'll post if/when I find out anything more.

SM online i think maybe wrong hope your well any way

• Moderators
anyone know if there are cash machines and what have you at earls court as there were none at wembley

I saw one just outside the hall when I was lookin around .. not sure if there are any on the inside but hey it's a start :huh:

anyone know if there are cash machines and what have you at earls court as there were none at wembley

I saw one just outside the hall when I was lookin around .. not sure if there are any on the inside but hey it's a start :(

There don't appear to be any on the floor plan (http://www.eco.co.uk/ECO/main.nsf/WebPages/762919B9101AFC2380256DB20061B61F?opendocument) and I don't remember seeing any there before. However, Earl's Court is pretty much in a very busy part of the central area of the marvellous metropolis (rather than Wembley, which is in a semi-removed northern suburb) and i would expect there to be a reasonable number and variety of cash machines within a few minutes walk of the venue, quite possibly between the tube stations and the venue.

Since the search function on their website gives no results for either "ATM" or "cashpoint", perhaps somebody might want to contact them to confirm about the availability (inside and out) of cashpoints. According to http://www.eco.co.uk/ECO/main.nsf/webpages...ts?opendocument

the contact methods are by phone - +44 (0)20 7385 1200 and by e-mail - info@eco.co.uk

I suspect a phone call would be the best bet, if someone's feeling daring - be sure to report back :o

• Showmasters Admin
Have added some updates on guests days/prices and Val appearance times. Cheers DavidB for the days info.

Where ???

As Dave said I always update the first page.

It's under "Who is signing what days?"

Edited by Too Tall

WOW!

TT a mod!

Hope you are well mate :yoda:

Anyone else still around- Mich, Bex, others???

JBL - Yes TT the mod :wub:

Mich is still about, check out the costume section. That's were she is normally.

Bex - She does come on here every so often. you'll have to keep an eye out for her. Post in her Bex's bar thread. I'm sure she'll reply.

Ooohh hello matey! ;);)