ANSWERS for Newbies - Look before posting.

Too Tall

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone ever seen Sharpe,

it's quite like this, one of the guys has rising through the ranks and now he controls us alll Mwwwhaaaaaa

anywho

JA

Don`t talk about Sharpe, you will start another Sean bloody Bean thread :o

Sorry Too Tall it wont let me reply, basically there is a couple of girls in the CM forum starting multiple threads, constantly bumping topics and never seems to contribute anything to them, they just talk complete bollocks!

If you could sort it I would be grateful or turn a blind eye while I unleash Jihad on there ass!

Basically people keep the s*** in your own section!

Edited by Dom

• Showmasters Admin

Dom - I understand what you're saying. But bumping threads for certain film and shows in the event sections is just the norm. They hope that by keeping them in view it will more likely get them the guests they want. It can be annoying you just need to understand that the average age on these boards is only about 17-18, it is by it's very nature going to be a slightly immature place. Like me you just have to learn to ignore these things, they're going to happen, we can't stop them without being complete Nazi's about it. And that's not going to help to make the forum the friendly place we want it to be.

On the whole they're just having fun and posting about guests they like. I can't really go in and start slapping people for bumping and chatting. I will keep an eye on it though and if it's gets silly I will suggest they take their "chatting" to the Gen Chat section.

Edited by Too Tall

Dom - I understand what you're saying. But bumping threads for certain film and shows in the event sections is just the norm. They hope that by keeping them in view it will more likely get them the guests they want. It can be annoying you just need to understand that the average age on these boards is only about 17-18, it is by it's very nature going to be a slightly immature place. Like me you just have to learn to ignore these things, they're going to happen, we can't stop them without being complete Nazi's about it. And that's not going to help to make the forum the friendly place we want it to be.

I can't really go in and start slapping people for bumping and chatting. I will keep an eye on it though and if it's gets silly I will suggest they take their "chatting" to the Gen Chat section.

Ok bud, my copy of Mein Kampf will be put back in the book shelf.

Would not mind so much but 6 topics on LOTR is extrcting the urine!

• Showmasters Admin

This kind of thing I will be keeping an eye on. If a new thread is started that is the same as a previous one I will be LOCKING it and pasteing a link to the other thread and ask people to post in just the one.

I'm not going to do it to the one's already there, but I am going to stop it in the future.

New question to add to your FAQ Too Tall:

What's the best way to contact Showmasters before the event if a response is really needed?

Not being funny here, it's a genuine question and I'm genuinely wondering if I've just been using the wrong methods (email, phone) to try and contact them and there's a better way that I haven't thought of.

This kind of thing I will be keeping an eye on. If a new thread is started that is the same as a previous one I will be LOCKING it and pasteing a link to the other thread and ask people to post in just the one.

I'm not going to do it to the one's already there, but I am going to stop it in the future.

Bud if you could do that I would be so grateful. Until I get a day job again, I have far to much spare time and im going barking!

• Showmasters Admin
New question to add to your FAQ Too Tall:

What's the best way to contact Showmasters before the event if a response is really needed?

Not being funny here, it's a genuine question and I'm genuinely wondering if I've just been using the wrong methods (email, phone) to try and contact them and there's a better way that I haven't thought of.

Thanks  :angel:  Very helpful thread by the way

e-mail is really the best way. They do check them. Just make sure you make the title stand out.

Below is what I posted in another thread this morning. If you have something that you really need an answer to let me know thought this thread and I'll do my best to get you an answer.

The info from SM towers (as you put it) is something I am (with their help) looking at. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for questions like the Terry ones and if I feel that SM really do need to give an answer I do now have a more direct path to them.

I can't say I'll always get an answer but it's my intention that at least we (as in the forum) know that SM are aware and are looking at it.

I see most questions but I may miss some. So if anyone does come across any questions that you think really need answering. Bring them to my attention and I'll see what I can do. I think the best way it is copy a link to the thread and put it in my ANSWERS thread. I'll defo see it then.

Hi Too Tall,

I hope you can help with this (and I hope the link works as I'm notoriously bad with this type of thing!!!)

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....&t=19467&st=100

I posted some questions for Showmasters on page 6 of the Gold Tickets topic (just in case that link doesn't work!)

I contacted SM by email & by phone and I did get an email reply from David telling me he was waiting for a response from his boss. I appreciate that they are very busy, but I desperately need an answer to my questions as I need to start getting things organised.

If you have a link to SM, is there any chance you can ask them for me if they have had any luck with this yet? I would really appreciate this - an email reply is fine if they don't want to post the response on the board!

Thanks

Chelle

• Showmasters Admin
1) My husband will be with me. He's not at all interested in any autographs, or meeting the people there. He literally comes with me to look after me (bit of a wus I am in big crowds), to help me look after the bags and to take photos of 'me with x'. Would he be allowed to enter on my ticket? Maybe a pass can be issued with the gold ticket saying something like 'no autographs allowed' or 'to accompany gold pass holder only'? We would be quite willing to pay the normal entry price for him - but obviously it would defeat the point of me buying a gold ticket if he had to get there early to queue for his ticket and there is no way that I can afford/justify buying two tickets when it really is just me that wants to go in!

2) Have you been able to confirm which days Charisma will be attending? I am only able to make it on the Saturday sue to starting my antenatal classes on the Sunday in Nottingham (so definitely won't be able to make the event that day). There's no point in me buying a ticket if Charisma isn't even going to be there on the day that I attend!

3) What would happen in the event of Charisma cancelling (and assuming you haven't signed up anyone else that I want to meet) - am I able to get a refund or would I be able to sell my ticket to someone else? If not, this makes it a bit pointless and I don't know if I could justify spending the money with that sort of risk.

I'll see what I can do.

1: This MAY happen.

2: I'm sure SM will announce she attendence days as soon as they can, but I will ask.

3: Sorry but I am 100% sure that tickets are non-refundable. You may be allowed to transfer it, so I'll ask.

• Showmasters Admin
Hi Too Tall,

I hope you can help with this (and I hope the link works as I'm notoriously bad with this type of thing!!!)

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....&t=19467&st=100

I posted some questions for Showmasters on page 6 of the Gold Tickets topic (just in case that link doesn't work!)

I contacted SM by email & by phone and I did get an email reply from David telling me he was waiting for a response from his boss. I appreciate that they are very busy, but I desperately need an answer to my questions as I need to start getting things organised.

If you have a link to SM, is there any chance you can ask them for me if they have had any luck with this yet? I would really appreciate this - an email reply is fine if they don't want to post the response on the board!

Thanks

Chelle

I've spoken to David (SM) and he believed he'd already replied to these questions. But he's going to look into it.

• Showmasters Admin

I've added the below list of LFCC3 guests and what they are likely to change based on the MSPG pre-order prices to the thread. Please remember this is NOT a DEFINITIVE price list:

BACH, Catherine - £15

BELTRAM, Robert - £15

BERKLEY, Xander - £15

BRECK, Jonathan - £15

CARPENTER, Charisma - £20

CLARKE, Carah - £15

ELVIRA - £15

FERRIGNO, Lou - £15

KILMER, Val - £20

MULGREW, Kate - £20

PARK, Grace - £15

PERLMAN, Ron - £20

PYGRAM, Wayne - £15

WOOD, Matthew - £15

Hi again Too Tall,

Many thanks for the fast response - I had had an email from David telling me that he was waiting for a response from his boss & would get back to me so maybe that is what he was thinking about...?

I thought the tickets would be non-refundable, but if there's the possibility of transferring it if I'm unable to attend (or Charisma cancels) then I think I'll get a ticket (assuming the first issue about my husband coming in with me).

Thanks again for your help and it's nice to see you on the forums helping people out - you're doing a great job. :pyth:

Chelle

e-mail is really the best way. They do check them. Just make sure you make the title stand out.

Below is what I posted in another thread this morning. If you have something that you really need an answer to let me know thought this thread and I'll do my best to get you an answer.

Too Tall -

You do seem to have a direct line to Showmasters, lucky you. It's VERY IMPORTANT that I manage to get in contact with them, maybe you can help.

Can you ask them to *please please please* read my email and get in touch with me ASAP - preferably by telephone so that we can actually have a two way conversation. All my contact details are in the email.

They should by now have 4 copies of the message sitting in their inbox. Subject line reads: "**IMPORTANT** FAO ANDREA - Re. Provision for disabled people at LFCC3".

It doesn't actually have to be Andrea who responds, I just included her name as I did briefly make contact with her on the forum and I thought (wrongly, as it turns out) that including a name might make my email more likely to be noticed and responded to. Anybody at SM who is able to deal with this will do.

Thanks for your help :pyth:

Edited by sully

• Showmasters Admin

Too Tall -

You do seem to have a direct line to Showmasters, lucky you. It's VERY IMPORTANT that I manage to get in contact with them, maybe you can help.

Can you ask them to *please please please* read my email and get in touch with me ASAP - preferably by telephone so that we can actually have a two way conversation. All my contact details are in the email.

They should by now have 4 copies of the message sitting in their inbox. Subject line reads: "**IMPORTANT** FAO ANDREA - Re. Provision for disabled people at LFCC3".

It doesn't actually have to be Andrea who responds, I just included her name as I did briefly make contact with her on the forum and I thought (wrongly, as it turns out) that including a name might make my email more likely to be noticed and responded to. Anybody at SM who is able to deal with this will do.

Thanks for your help :unsure:

I'll see what I can do.