The end of LFACC

After all, check out the announcements so far. There's what, a month to go? It's not looking good. Never mind the fact that the babe-licious Terry Farrell has cancelled (my main reason for going), but it's looking like the guest list is going to be anaemic at best. Trouble is, without good guests, no-one will go, hence dealers won't book for the next one, etc.

I honestly think the only way they can come back from this debacle-in-the-making is to book the following guests QUICKLY : -

Jeri Ryan

Amanda Tapping

Marina Sirtis

Terry Farrell

Gates McFadden

Levar Burton

Without these, we're going to be walking around looking like all the cousins have just turned up for a 2 week stay. I tell you guys, this is a disaster in the making - I just hope Showmasters can turn this ship around, because at the moment it's heading straight for the rocks :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*sighs*

We have about a month to go. While I agree with you that SM better get things going fast, I am not panicking yet.

I take it you are a Trekkie? There are plenty of good guests around, why focus so much on Star Trek? And why on earth are you listing Terry Farrell? You can't just simply "uncancel" a guest if she has other commitments that force her to stay away in the first play.

After all, check out the announcements so far. There's what, a month to go? It's not looking good. Never mind the fact that the babe-licious Terry Farrell has cancelled (my main reason for going), but it's looking like the guest list is going to be anaemic at best. Trouble is, without good guests, no-one will go, hence dealers won't book for the next one, etc.

I honestly think the only way they can come back from this debacle-in-the-making is to book the following guests QUICKLY : -

Jeri Ryan

Amanda Tapping

Marina Sirtis

Terry Farrell

Gates McFadden

Levar Burton

Without these, we're going to be walking around looking like all the cousins have just turned up for a 2 week stay. I tell you guys, this is a disaster in the making - I just hope Showmasters can turn this ship around, because at the moment it's heading straight for the rocks :D

Yeah he sounds like a trekkie and a flipper. Whats the point in joining the boards to bitch?

Half the newbies are moaning like a hokker on happy hour.

SM will announce it when they have it! They are not perfect, but jesus christ who is? If this is the way you want to start your posts I suggest you f*** off, get a life, some counselling and come back when you realise this is fun!

Now after looking at your guest ideas go back to your trek don't read, mods please delete and rub your tribble!

Jeri Ryan

Amanda Tapping

Marina Sirtis

Terry Farrell

Gates McFadden

Levar Burton

Yeah he sounds like a trekkie and a flipper. Whats the point in joining the boards to bitch?

SM will announce it when they have it! They are not perfect, but jesus christ who is? If this is the way you want to start your posts I suggest you f*** off, get a life, some counselling and come back when you realise this is fun!

Now after looking at your guest ideas go back to your trek don't read, mods please delete and rub your tribble!

I think that's a little harsh.

The line-up of LFCC 2 was probably the best line-up of any convention in the U.K. ever, so it will take some beating, but then LFCC3 does have some decent guests:

From Star Trek, you have Kate Mulgrew, surely a must meet for any Trekkie

From Buffy and Angel, Charisma Carpenter, a main cast member and a rare signer

Hollywood Legend Val Kilmer

Cult Film Star Ron Perleman

Plus the rumoured Joss Whedon appearance and the Serenity Showcase

Not to mention some other first time guests, like the 24 guests

So all in all shaping up reasonably well and still one month to go.

Jeri Ryan

Amanda Tapping

Marina Sirtis

Terry Farrell

Gates McFadden

Levar Burton

Not really after 6 posts he is giving it the doom a gloom. Making comments he knows nothing about,Screw him!

Golden Green was bang on its going to be good with some different stars. All my mates who are not into any of this stuff think meeting the guy from T2 that gets stabbed through the milk carton is really cool.

Edited by Dom

of course not to mentoin they have the lovely ms park in attendance!!!

Also glen a larson is an excellent guest!! this pretty much made 70s television!!!

Where else are you gonna get such a godfather of sci fi and the guy who produced magnum???

i agree also that sm needs to anouce some more guests soon, but come there giving us a service not the other way round there giving us some excellent guests and no doubt they'll suprise us sm you r great keep up the good work as you cater for all of us not just trekkies!!!!!!!!!. these events are the only thing i look forward to and i can't wait to get there. so all stop all the negitive posts think posistive!!!! see ya all soon guys peace

i agree also that sm needs to anouce some more guests soon, but come there giving us a service not the other way round there giving us some excellent guests and no doubt they'll suprise us sm you r great keep up the good work as you cater for all of us not just trekkies!!!!!!!!!. these events are the only thing i look forward to and i can't wait to get there. so all stop all the negitive posts think posistive!!!! see ya all soon guys peace

Spot on mate, we all want them to announce more guests though :D

Most really good guests have to be booked last minute anyway cause their filming schedules and stuff are so much subject to change. Showmasters consistently attract masisve stars and there's no reason to suggest they can't do the same this time :D.

Jeri Ryan

Amanda Tapping

Marina Sirtis

Terry Farrell

Gates McFadden

Levar Burton

lol those guests would not make me attending, this is the "london FILM and Comic con" not a stark trek fan convention! I think trek fans should be happy with all the stars showmasters have had at past events. This event definately does not need more trek stars it needs some more big movie stars, similar stars to those announced already like val kilmer, ron perlman and xander berekely. Also some top comic writers and artists.

What a laughable suggestion, this event will only survive with star trek guests!!! :D

I feel the current LFCC situation is symptomatic of the general con circuit decline both here and in the US.

This is due to more factors than can be gone in to here. But the main ones are fairly obvious:

A lack of guests who will do all day signing events.

Organisers attracting the wrong audience.

The wrong audience having silly expectations of what can be delivered in terms of guests.

Organisers making events too large all in the name of profit.

A global downturn in interest of the staple diet of these events ie sci-fi.

I didn't even know the people suggested in the first post were FROM star trek. Although, that might be saying more about me than the popularity of the guests.

I don't get how not announcing Star Trek people would collapse LFACC...that's a bit of a short bus comment to make.

And..Joss Whedon? :D:D:P

Not really after 6 posts he is giving it the doom a gloom. Making comments he knows nothing about,Screw him!

Golden Green was bang on its going to be good with some different stars. All my mates who are not into any of this stuff think meeting the guy from T2 that gets stabbed through the milk carton is really cool.

Still they are new and it's not nice to be so harsh, they probably just don't know how things work.

We all want announcements.

Shouldn't be so hard on newbies, we all were once!

I just thank God mine was back when people were welcoming of opinions!

We all want announcements.

Shouldn't be so hard on newbies, we all were once!

I just thank God mine was back when people were welcoming of opinions!

Thats fair, im nice to everybody, but you have to have noticed there seem to be lots of people joining these boards just to have a crack. That I just can`t stand opinions are cool, that im all for, wether its about guests, shows or anything. This post was just a wave of negative junk, and thier solution was to turn it into a star trek con.

Thats fair, im nice to everybody, but you have to have noticed there seem to be lots of people joining these boards just to have a crack. That I just can`t stand opinions are cool, that im all for, wether its about guests, shows or anything. This post was just a wave of negative junk, and thier solution was to turn it into a star trek con.

Not knowing how stuff works, you should just ask questions like some of the very cool newbies have not just come in all miserable saying how bad everything is!

Edited by Dom

Very fair comment, and yeah, I know exactly what you mean about newbie's who cause trouble. I've seen a few.

And yeah, I know sometimes opinions are over the top.

I just think it's nice to give them a chance now and again. Maybe the post was just worded wrong. Sometimes different people read things in a different way.

I feel the current LFCC situation is symptomatic of the general con circuit decline both here and in the US.

This is due to more factors than can be gone in to here. But the main ones are fairly obvious:

Organisers attracting the wrong audience.

The wrong audience having silly expectations of what can be delivered in terms of guests.

Organisers making events too large all in the name of profit.

lol @ you guys - you talk about me taking it too seriously! There was a small dose of irony in my post to be fair (particularly with the guest list). Much as I would love to dribble all over Jeri Ryan, I can't see her turning up anytime soon - besides, as you say, this is not a trek con.

Seriously though, it's a point well made, and I honestly think that Jolly Roger here has hit on something - I think his five points there are big issues for an outfit like showmasters (for collectormania as well) - particularly : -

Very true - honestly a lot of these guys have got packed schedules, and I wonder how much they make from this sort of thing - prob not as much as you might think.

Much as I would love to see Angelina Jolie or Harrison Ford turn up, it ain't going to happen. But that said, I honestly couldn't give much of a monkeys about 'the guy who played Elf #197 in the Two Towers'. Balance is the key here, in terms of our expectations and Showmasters.

Yep - how many sci-fi shows are on now? Seriously? SG-1 is coming to an end (c'mon, how much longer can it go on? I love it, but it's on the 9th season), no more Star Trek or Buffy anymore either. Very few new shows are coming on, because the interest is not there like it was 10 years ago (or even 5).