ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

Too Tall

Not a good start:

Wibble…………..*stare*….*giggle*…..*run*

were you standing near me in the James Marsters queue????..LOL...this is a good thread and answers all questions very well :lol:

Edited by shazz501

i'm not sure if this is worth mentioning but me and my friend travelled up form Scotland and evening though its all Sterling some vendors would't accept Scottish money

i travel from scotland too (although i think you mean travelled down:) ) and my money always refused too, its ridiculous! imagine the fuss if the tables were turned! they arent legally allowed to refuse your money as it it stirling, and legal tender! but people just wont take it, unfortunatly you have to go along with what they say.. so the best thing to do is just take your money out a cash machine when you get there or go and change it at the bank

kerry

x

i'm not sure if this is worth mentioning but me and my friend travelled up form Scotland and evening though its all Sterling some vendors would't accept Scottish money

i travel from scotland too (although i think you mean travelled down:) ) and my money always refused too, its ridiculous! imagine the fuss if the tables were turned! they arent legally allowed to refuse your money as it it stirling, and legal tender! but people just wont take it, unfortunatly you have to go along with what they say.. so the best thing to do is just take your money out a cash machine when you get there or go and change it at the bank

kerry

x

That is just so Poo...naughty ppl.... :(

I've never had anyone refuse my scottish money :lol: Sure a couple hold it up to the light/joke about it/ask the "boss" but its always been accepted :lol:

We accept english money, so they should accept scottish money (which is so much nicer :P ), fair is fair.

A GUIDE TO POSTING THREADS ON THE FORUM

Guest Suggestion Threads

All guest suggestions should be in a seperate thread, but that does not seem to work.

Keep all guest suggestions plausible, you may want Orlando Bloom,Tom Cruise whoever. Starting endless begging threads will not help you! SM are not retarded believe it or not they have more than a rough idea who is popular and if possible will get them.

If you have a star in mind, do a little research, not everybody will know who they are. Give a quick run down of their films and if you have the facility to do so, post a picture, it will help others out

Polls

Not very topic you start needs to be a poll, and like above you can list the LOTR cast and no matter how many people click Orlando Bloom, Vigo, Ian etc, does not mean its going to happen.

Give some variety to your polls. Anybody answering the poll should give a reason for their answer if they are against something. Im sure SM use the polls like market research thats why it is important to have your point in there, it may help get the guest you want.

Repeat Threads

Have a quick look through the pages and see if anybody else has started a thread. It is far better to have everyboy commenting in one thread, than 20 thread on one topic. This seems to just fill the board with junk and make it harder to navigate for everyboy.

Complaining Threads

It has become an increasing problem of complaing on here. Anything constructive that can be used to resolve a problem is useful to all, but threads like End of lfcc etc are worthless and so are the people that right them.

Asking SM for updates on guests

SM know you want guests, they want you to have them. More guests = more money = better guests in future!

Trouble is, it is not easy trying to get stars to confirm months in advance what they are doing. The stars make a mint doing these shows but will get paid more spending there time acting so will cancel if needs be.

Basically SM will give us updates when they have them. I understand that lots of people have budgets,travel arrangements, day off etc to sort, but that can`t be helped. Speculating on how many is fine, Nagging is not!

if it's illeagle to refuse scottish money than that is wrong! (obv! :angry:)

maybe there's some sort of law/proof you people can bring with you to show dealers next time?  :rolleyes:

It is not illegal to refuse Scottish (or Northern Irish) money. Money issued by Scottish (and Northern Irish) banks is legal currency, being good old pounds sterling, but is not legal tender. From http://www.answers.com/topic/british-banknotes

"Bank of England notes are the only banknotes that are legal tender in England and Wales. Scottish, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey and Manx banknotes are not legal tender in England and Wales. However, they are not illegal under English law and creditors and traders may accept them if they so choose.

No banknotes are legal tender in Scotland (not even Scottish notes, which are 'promissory notes' - essentially cheques made out from the bank to 'the bearer', as the wording on each note says).

In contrast the coins from British dependancies like Jersey and the Isle of Man, while usually similar and sometimes found in UK change, are neither legal tender nor acceptable to UK traders and banks."

This is backed up at http://www.scotbanks.org.uk/notes.htm

I would also add in passing that whilst the coins from the Channel Islands, IoM, Gibraltar, Falklands etc are unacceptable, they're usually the same size as ours and accepted by vending machines. This isn't to encourage you to use them as such (because that would be illegal!) but to explain how you might sometimes get them in change :angry:

Obviously a vendor has the right to refuse any note/coin if they suspect it to be fake anyway (or you'd be able to "force" vendors to take dodgy forged English tenners off you all day!)

The problem comes when vendors are pretty inexperienced with dealing with this provincial currency, so thus have no idea what is or isn't likely to be real, so they exercise their right to refuse them as not being legal tender. (Although I'll grant they may not be fully aware of their rights and the the "legal" processes that enable them to say "no we don't accept those"!)

The two websites above plus http://www.irishpapermoney.com/ni/ni0.html are quite interesting if you want to read a bit more about the subject, especially the scotbanks one.

Edited by TommyT

Thanks, dudes! :angry: This thread is a great help. Reading up on lots, before I get down there. Better safe than sorry! Hehe.

It really is wicked, though - you've done a great job - especially for the newbies (such as myself :angry:) :rolleyes:

Tommy T - Thanks for answering the money question. Very well written.

Why , thank you! I suspect if you want to incorporate the information in your guide, the following may be a better summary:

You should be aware that Scottish and Northern Irish banknotes are not legal tender in England, but are legal currency. This means that vendors do not have to accept them, although they may choose to do so. We would suggest that to minimise disappointment and inconvenience that you try to bring predominantly English banknotes with you, or obtain them from a cashpoint/bank local to the venue.

Edited by TommyT

• Moderators

Thought I'd just add my congratulations on the mod position, definitely the right man for the job :P Been away so haven't had the chance to post before now, sorry! Doing a great job ;)

• 2 weeks later...

"I know one girl on here that gives people vegetables. Sounds odd but they remember her and that's the point really, you want them to remember you from the crowd."

POTATOES IN A BRA!

AND she got a mentionon the special features HP dvds :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

said I would do this for Too Tall waaaaay back and it's taken me around 2hours but here it is, finally! the makings of the COLLECTORMANIA HOTEL GUIDE! ;)

TRAVELODGE

(map and pictures shown)

TELEPHONE: 0870 191 1698

COST

£55prpn (per room per night) for friday, saturday, sunday

£66prpn weekdays

PAYING FOR ROOM

rooms are secured when booking using credit or debt card details and will be paid for in full upon arrival

ROOM TYPES

Family (only type available online currently) - sleeps 2adults and 2children under 16

double bed will sleep 3 slim people and there is room for 2 on the floor so you could get 7people in the room if you really wanted to ;-)

DIRECTIONS FROM TRAIN STATION

walk straight out of the station for a few moments then take a left at the main road, the Travelodge can be seen accross the road

DRIVING DIRECTIONS

see website

MILTON KEYNES (OLD STRATFORD) - DRIVERS ONLY

Travelodge MK OlD STRATFORD

some £26 rooms, dates not up yet

BOOKING FAQ

Travelodge FAQ section

CANCELLATIONS

before 12pm on day of arrival, this can be done via website using sign in name and password or on the telephone, you will need to have your confirmation numbers/booking details ready

FOOD

unfortunately, this Travelodge does not have a restuarant but continental breakfast (priced around £5-6 each) can be ordered at reception and there is a vending machine and other snacks available in the reception area

ADVANTAGES

5mins walk from train station

literally accross the road from the party venue (good for drunken staggerings!)

extra people in rooms

cancellation policy

low cost

DISADVANTAGES

no where to eat on site

around 20min walk to bottom entrence of the shopping centre (event at top end)

20/30min walk up to the Xcape Centre for City Limits and Sainsburys/Iceland

other places to stay coming soon!

surfy sah xx

• Showmasters Admin

Sah - Looks good to me. If you can do that for the others too, that will be great.

Sorry for not replying earlier as you probably know I've not been well :D

• Showmasters Admin
Sah - Looks good to me. If you can do that for the others too, that will be great.

Sorry for not replying earlier as you probably know I've not been well  :D

Nothing too bad mate, I hope !

No I just picked up a stomach bug in Egypt. Had 4 days of stomach cramps and cold sweats (and the obvious), not good, but it seams to have gone now :P