ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

Too Tall

Congrats, Too Tall, nice one !

Might also be interesting to add something about "how should I act in front of the guest" since I noticed quite a few questions like "what should I say ?", "can I give him a hug ?", etc.

Maybe also give the tip that people with unusual names should write them down on a piece of paper so the guest knows how their name is spelled.

But, as said, great work.

Best,

E. (pretty tall himself as well ...)

good plan! :P

Too Tall has already mentioned about writing names down ;)

how about saying about cameras with flash, one VQ ticket per person regardless if they are getting an auto or not (this is on the webiste though in small print :unsure: ) and mentioning video cameras? ^_^

• Showmasters Admin
Congrats, Too Tall, nice one !

Might also be interesting to add something about "how should I act in front of the guest" since I noticed quite a few questions like "what should I say ?", "can I give him a hug ?", etc.

Maybe also give the tip that people with unusual names should write them down on a piece of paper so the guest knows how their name is spelled.

But, as said, great work.

Best,

E. (pretty tall himself as well ...)

Thanks for the ideas and the compliment.

I'll have a think about the "how should I act" one. It's a bit of a hard one to do. It's a very individual thing.

I have said about putting your name on a piece of paper. It's at the end of the Q about posed photos and personalisations ^_^ I'll forgive you for missing it though. It is a lot to read :unsure:

It is a very good point though so I've also added it as the Note to the basic plan too.

Edited by Too Tall

just had a peak dude!

nice one!

sorry but I've another suggestion *hides* :unsure:

where you mention that guests go to lunch, you might also want to say they go hour or so usually before talks and won't be back!!

and also mention that sometimes VT numbers are announced on the tannoy but mostly you will need to check the board at the end of their Q or the big white boards (give location :D) and that it does not matter if the number has pasted but you can't go down until it is shown B)

how bout a note about hotels as well? :rolleyes: alot of attendees stay at Travelodge, Holiday Inn or Travel Inn then give locations and benefits e.g. TL accross road from party and train station but furthest from event etc

lastly, appollogies, but don't agree that you can get from the John Lewis end of the shopping centre to TL area in 15-20 mins!!!! maybe from the OTHER end of the shopping centre or if you have big steps like yourself :P but not normally for iccle people like moi unless you fancy a light jog!!!!! :lol:

that'll keep you occupied for now :D

@ Too Tall : thanks for adding that bit of info.

And I can now just imagine some very nervous newby who would be meeting a guest and who would remember your thread so well that when the guest would ask their name, they would reply " euh ... YOUR NAME" ...

Imagine the guest's face ! :vader::D

KEEP YOUR GUEST SUGGESTIONS POSSIBLE!

What is the point of putting Harriosn Ford, Sean Connery, Mel Gibson etc, you may as well put Kurt Cobain, Alec Guiness or any other dead people.

Do some research and use some common sense before starting a poll that everybody will tick the same thing, but it just won`t happen.

Sorry if this is too negative, most people on here don`t do it, but it drives me nuts when you see stupid posts like this cropping up.

Edited by Dom

good plan!

maybe Too Tall you need 2 sections in your Q&A? one but for forum stuff and one bit for events stuff?

in the forum stuff, you could include what DOM has suggested above, how to contact SM, that they don't read posts 24/7 so best to email and give the email and phone numbers yadda

and, my fave thing, KEEP GUEST SUGGESTIONS IN THE GUEST SUGGESTION TOPICS!!! :DB)

tha sorta thing :rolleyes:

oh and another fave tip of mine - you don't have to bump something using the word "BUMP"!!

it is sooo frustrating to read through a topic and see that posted all over the place!

so :P

i only said bump cause i love sayin it sorry if i have angered or offened u in anyway sarahoneill :lol:

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin
just had a peak dude!

nice one!

sorry but I've another suggestion *hides* :lol:

where you mention that guests go to lunch, you might also want to say they go hour or so usually before talks and won't be back!!

and also mention that sometimes VT numbers are announced on the tannoy but mostly you will need to check the board at the end of their Q or the big white boards (give location :D) and that it does not matter if the number has pasted but you can't go down until it is shown B)

how bout a note about hotels as well? :huh: alot of attendees stay at Travelodge, Holiday Inn or Travel Inn then give locations and benefits e.g. TL accross road from party and train station but furthest from event etc

lastly, appollogies, but don't agree that you can get from the John Lewis end of the shopping centre to TL area in 15-20 mins!!!! maybe from the OTHER end of the shopping centre or if you have big steps like yourself :P but not normally for iccle people like moi unless you fancy a light jog!!!!! :P

Sarah thanks for the ideas. I'll have a think and get them added.

I may need a bit of help on the hotel bit. But I'll email you about that.

And I'll change the 15-20 min thing next time I update it.

For Dom too:

As for the putting posts in the right place, and not asking for unrealistic guests etc. Really this thread is about the event not the forum. If someone wants to start one on things you should and shouldn't do on the forum please go a head. I just don't think it'll make much (if any) difference. People will not be told what to do ;)

lotrfreek

my bad!! twas nowt personal B) it's cool here because Too Tall has asked people to bump it :huh: I jsut get frustrated when people "bump" e.g. guest suggestion threads n stuff, they could wrote, as an example, "who else wants these people"? while it IS fun to bump stuff, it's very frustrating sometimes to read and just see "bumps" all the way through :lol: also it makes people think there is a new message but there isn't! :D

Too Tall

no probs, like to help! ;)

can def help with the hotel suggestions bit too!

no worries, maybe it WILL only take some people that long to walk down but least if you said half an hour and people got there a bit early e.g. for party/talks, it would be better than allowing 15mins and being late! :P

just had a peak dude!

nice one!

sorry but I've another suggestion *hides*  :lol:

and also mention that sometimes VT numbers are announced on the tannoy but mostly you will need to check the board at the end of their Q or the big white boards (give location :D) and that it does not matter if the number has pasted but you can't go down until it is shown  B)

how bout a note about hotels as well?  :huh:  alot of attendees stay at Travelodge, Holiday Inn or Travel Inn then give locations and benefits e.g. TL accross road from party and train station but furthest from event etc

lastly, appollogies, but don't agree that you can get from the John Lewis end of the shopping centre to TL area in 15-20 mins!!!! maybe from the OTHER end of the shopping centre or if you have big steps like yourself :P but not normally for iccle people like moi unless you fancy a light jog!!!!!  :P

Sarah thanks for the ideas. I'll have a think and get them added.

I may need a bit of help on the hotel bit. But I'll email you about that.

And I'll change the 15-20 min thing next time I update it.

For Dom too:

As for the putting posts in the right place, and not asking for unrealistic guests etc. Really this thread is about the event not the forum. If someone wants to start one on things you should and shouldn't do on the forum please go a head. I just don't think it'll make much (if any) difference. People will not be told what to do ;)

Yeah very fair point hun. I shall put one together and see how many people I can get to ignore it :P

you called Too Tall a hun :huh:

soz that just amuses me!! :lol:

I will definately support a thread about posting on the forum if you do one Dom! ;)

I need to read these posts better, i meant to call Sarah hun.

Im sure you are a fine man, but as im sure you are im on a spam free diet, so i withdraw the hun and change it to bud!

• Showmasters Admin
you called Too Tall a hun  :D

soz that just amuses me!!  :D

I will definately support a thread about posting on the forum if you do one Dom!  B)

I need to read these posts better, i meant to call Sarah hun.

Im sure you are a fine man, but as im sure you are im on a spam free diet, so i withdraw the hun and change it to bud!

*Sighs with relief* :o