Storyteller

buffy_rocks

I've just watched Storyteller from season 7 again, and everytime I've watched it I always think 'Someone should give Tom Lenk an award for this!'. I just think he is so amazingly brilliant in that episode, don't get me wrong he is incredible in the other episodes too, but in Storyteller he was just so....wow!

I loved the way he acted in that episode because it made everything so much clearer, we saw what Andrew was going through and got too really understand what was going on there. I really enjoyed the way he made other characters (Xander and Anya) think about some issues they had. Also when Willow and Kennedy where kissing he just ignored them and filmed Xanders handywork, which had me in giggles.

But then there was the scene by 'the seal' which was well acted, and made me forget it was just a tv show and made me really feel for him, and then again at the end when Andrew is in the bathroom, admitting to everything in front of the camera, and says 'There's a big fight coming, and I don't know whats going to happen. I don't even think I'm going to live through it...that's uh, probably the way it should be'. And in that scene Andrew went from being 'just a side-line character' to a main character, who is way up there in my top 10!

So now I've babbled on, I wondered what you guys thought about this episode, and any other episodes that made you feel like that about a character or even the whole show!

Edited by buffy_rocks

I absolutely love Storyteller! It's possibly my favourite episode from season 7 along with Selfless which is another great episode focussed on a supporting character - Anya. One of the reasons I think Buffy was so successful is that they've always had such a talented ensemble and well developed characters, which is why fans choices for their favourites always vary. Throughout the years Buffy has had successful episodes focussed on many of the supporting characters - The Zeppo(Xander), Dopplegangland(Willow), Superstar(Jonathan), etc. Buffy is one of the few shows I've watched where the supporting or even reccuring characters are just as interesting as the main ones.

Edited by Evil_Faith

I absolutely love Storyteller! It's possibly my favourite episode from season 7 along with Selfless which is another great episode focussed on a supporting character - Anya. One of the reasons I think Buffy was so successful is that they've always had such a talented ensemble and well developed characters, which is why fans choices for their favourites always vary. Throughout the years Buffy has had successful episodes focussed on many of the supporting characters - The Zeppo(Xander), Dopplegangland(Willow), Superstar(Jonathan), etc. Buffy is one of the few shows I've watched where the supporting or even reccuring characters are just as interesting as the main ones.

you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!

So now I'm speechless and have pretty much nothing to say ;)

It is one of my favourite episodes of season7 to, it's a total classic. I liked the editing too- seeing Buffys world from a camera used in the show- if that make sense, almost makes the episode feel that one bit more realistic! Different editing was a refresh to the show- adds a touch of variety.

Tom Lenk was great in that episode though and showed how truly talented he is. If they had one of those dvd's about 'Andrew' episodes that would be on there.

I was looking at those dvd's today, Giles one- why is 'lies my parents told me' on there? Surely that is more for Spike? I don't really see the connection of why that is on there??