GOLD PASS TICKETS

true its just i had to miss cm7 as i lost my job so all the pennys i've got is going on this. its my first film and comic con so i don't know what to expect ie: is it going to be so busy you'd only meet 2 people?

No, if you get there earlier enough and get the virtual tickets you should be able to meet quite a few!

Of course this is a different venue than before, but I'm sure it'll still be the same in that respect! :D

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Ya need to chill a bit.

Just get there early, like most sensible people do, and make sure you get ur queue tickets and then u'll be fine.

Very very few people will have these tickets, so ur not gonna be at a disadvantage really.

There's never ever ANY guarantee you'll meet every single person you want, but I can't see there being major problems with most of the guests - only Val Kilmer right now possibly.

• Showmasters Admin
These tickets are for die-hard fans and those who are happy to pay a premium for the advantages of being able to dispense with virtual queue tickets and being given priority at all the talks.

Standard entry is still available for everyone, these gold passes are just an extra service we are offering for anyone who wants it.

We'd also like to point out that the revinue from the sales of these tickets will offset the costs of the talks which this time we intend to keep free for all attendees, whereas last time we had to charge for some of the talks. In a way, look at it as the people who are buying these tickets are enabling us to bring you more guests and offer more things for free at the show.

more added to previous statement.

WAS THAT CRAP REMARK AIMED AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Chill and make some yoga sounds

LFCC is very chilled, you will meet everybody, your only problem will be Val, for £200 on average youll get about 13 Autographs thats if you need that many.

Like SM said its an extra for the Die Hards, hell im a fan but unless they have Mark Hamill or somebody like that ill just go down on the day and do my thing same us the others.

Seriously you can go with a nifty and still have a great day

• Moderators
WHY IS IT MORE EXPENSIVE FOR THE GOLD TICKET AT CM8??? £250

When you use the caps lock, it looks like you're shouting! Are you? :rolleyes:

Cos I have a headache ;);)

Too much drinking again Lee ;)

WHY IS IT MORE EXPENSIVE FOR THE GOLD TICKET AT CM8??? £250

Why do I get the distinct feeling that you have signed up to post on this board just to cause trouble. If not sorry but you seem to be coming accross that way. If you dont like it then dont get it, its not like theres not other options. If I had the money I'd get one, the freebies alone make it worthwile.

But yeah, if you are here to cause trouble, seriously shhh and let us all wallow in our poorness for the afternoon.

:pyth: Whilst I am very interested in obtaining a Gold Ticket as they are a rather attractive product, may I suggest one addition for future shows which will guarantee a sell out .... how about throwing in a couple of autograph vouchers for a guest/guest of you choice. At £200 to £250 a pop this is not unreasonable idea. Talks are all well and good if you happen to be interested in the stars taking part where as anyone even remotely interested in a Gold Ticket will want vouchers they can exchange for autographs.

Just along the lines of selling these, how are Showmasters going to advertise to avoid the outcome of LFACC2,when it was not really busy at all,

can we expect to see an advert on tv anytime soon

JA

Right I usually don't moan or complain but I want to point out a few things from these statements.

These tickets are for die-hard fans and those who are happy to pay a premium for the advantages of being able to dispense with virtual queue tickets and being given priority at all the talks.

So are you saying that if I can't afford £200 that i'm not a die hard fan because thats not a good thing to say to people that keep you guys in business.

Standard entry is still available for everyone, these gold passes are just an extra service we are offering for anyone who wants it.

We'd also like to point out that the revinue from the sales of these tickets will offset the costs of the talks which this time we intend to keep free for all attendees, whereas last time we had to charge for some of the talks. In a way, look at it as the people who are buying these tickets are enabling us to bring you more guests and offer more things for free at the show

Right now thats a way to sell a ticket, you are basically paying for everyone else to have a good time. I would be really annoyed with buying a ticket like this and then finding out that toy have either reduced the price of the ticket or made it free.

I'm sorry I just had to point those things out and now I will sit back and wait for everyone to jump on me.

Right I usually don't moan or complain but I want to point out a few things from these statements.

So are you saying that if I can't afford £200 that i'm not a die hard fan because thats not a good thing to say to people that keep you guys in business.

That wasn't implied at all.

I notice its just the ones who KNOW they couldn't afford it are the ones moaning

Just along the lines of selling these, how are Showmasters going to advertise to avoid the outcome of LFACC2,when it was not really busy at all,

can we expect to see an advert on tv anytime soon

JA

A lot of the LFACC2 problems were related to the fact that there were virtually bugger-all trains running over that weekend...I went down on the Friday, but I know that the line I was intending to use to go home on the Sunday wasn't actually operating because of engineering works.

Might well have been other problems, but that was a major one. :unsure:

I notice its just the ones who KNOW they couldn't afford it are the ones moaning

I'm sorry but the line "These Tickets are for Die-Hard Fans" implies that if you can't afford it you aren't a die-hard fan and as for someone thathas followed Showmasters for a long time, even to the stage where I have been at other events and left those for a day to attend a showmasters event that comment is not very nice.

Even if I had a spare £200 I would not pay out of this as to be honest and I hate to say this and I know people will jump on back again, Showmasters seem to be turning into alot of other event organisers and just putting on extra expensive tickets.

As a fan that has been attending events for over 3 years now i'm finding it really hard because events keep doing stuff like this and costing the fans more money.

I'm sorry but the line "These Tickets are for Die-Hard Fans" implies that if you can't afford it you aren't a die-hard fan and as for someone thathas followed Showmasters for a long time, even to the stage where I have been at other events and left those for a day to attend a showmasters event that comment is not very nice.

Even if I had a spare £200 I would not pay out of this as to be honest and I hate to say this and I know people will jump on back again, Showmasters seem to be turning into alot of other event organisers and just putting on extra expensive tickets.

As a fan that has been attending events for over 3 years now i'm finding it really hard because events keep doing stuff like this and costing the fans more money.

Would you do whatever it takes to meet someone, pay whatever it costs ?? Thats a die-hard fan..and your right, clearly you aren't as you already said you wouldn't pay it.

Would you do whatever it takes to meet someone, pay whatever it costs ?? Thats a die-hard fan..and your right, clearly you aren't as you already said you wouldn't pay it.

Answer me this why if I can just pick up a virtual queue ticket do I want to pay out £200 to get in the queue quicker and don't you even dare tell me that I am not a die hard fan you don't know me, I have gotten up at 3am before driven from Southend on Sea in Essex to Milton Keynes to get a queue to meet Elijah Wood. He si not the only star I have done that for, I have also stood in a queue for over 8 hours to meet WWE wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin. So when you actually know me and you know what I have done to meet people before you can judge me but until then you have no right to.

As fun as this I'm-going-to-out-fangeek-you-so-in-your-face debate is, the context of the "die-hard fan" comment was clear. Yes, getting up at 3am is pretty die-hard, but equally so is paying out £200 for the same -if not greater- end result.

For example, I'm a 'die-hard' Harry Potter fan. If, for some reason unknown to man, JK Rowling decided she wanted to do a signing, I would have NO questions about buying this ticket, because even with getting up at stupid o'clock to get a VQ ticket, there's no guarantee 1000 people won't have got there before you. £200 to guarantee meeting someone I'd sell my firstborn to meet? Bargain.

Not sure my bank manager's entirely onboard with that theory though. :unsure:

THIS WHOLE THREAD IS BULLs*** !

Yes, the passes will appeal to Die Hard Fans, but you can still be a DHF without opting to buy one.

"The fact that they appeal to DHFs" is not the same as "if I don't get one I'm not a DHF" - think about it !! :unsure:

Anyway, you won't be any worse off without one. You just need to get there in good time to be sure of the bigger guests. And if past experience is anything to go by, they are still to come !

I don't really know cat_b but I'm going to jump to her defense here. I know for a fact that she is at least a die hard fan of Buffy and Angel (not so sure about other shows) and is most probably planning on meeting Charisma, as am I. I would also call myself (and my friends who I'll be with that weekend) a die hard fan but theres absolutely no way I can afford to buy a gold pass. If I had the money I would most probably pay the £200 but I'm struggling with money as it is. I've unfortunately been out of work for some time due to illness so haven't been able to make the savings I would usually but even if I was working I very much doubt I'd be able to afford the £200. Its a lot of money. Sure I could probably max out a credit card and afford it that way but what if then I couldn't pay the bill? I hate to borrow money when I'm unsure how long it will take me to pay it back

Just because you can't afford £200 for the gold ticket doesn't make you any less of a 'die-hard fan'. I think to a certain extent it is unfair and makes me think that there will probably be less chance of meeting Charisma Carpenter