Xbox 360

neoroid

I got the crystal, um.... turn of the year as well, if not before christmas... well I got it with my new telly, and I'll be damned if I can remember when that was. Either way, first launch console you *have* to be prepared to pay a high price for it. So if you want it you save for it!

Whats the point in waiting for the price to go down? Before you know it the next one up is out and you're one step behind.

yup... but if its gonna be over £400? who wants to pay that?

i spent £100 on a black xbox (not fan of the crystal) so i'm definatley not spendin many hundreds on a new console.

anyway, most of the games i play are on the PC :D

just that xbox is good for multiplayer ^_^

point in waitin till price is down is that you can get it at a more affordable price

A water cooling system? How would that work? :D Or is that a joke? :unsure:

no idea, but i assume there'd be a way of puttin in water to a series of tubes, and usin some means of coolin it so it could be pumped through.

seems to be that they can't get it runnin at full power at the moment, and they can't cool it right either. it may be a joke, thats true, but its hard to know. and to put water in would automatically make it more expensive... they'd have to prevent leakage, and waterproof everythin

Basically its the processor... or what ever they have instead. Sounds like a conventional run of the mill PC fan wont work for it. And the water cooling will rack up the price.

Hope it's gonna look as good as the ps2 did. That black shell was mighty sexy!

I'll probably end up getting the PS3 and Xbox 360, especially if the secrets about the PS3 are anything to go by... Personally Nintendo disappointed me with the DS so I don't think I'll be looking at the nintendo console.

i hear final fantasy has moved to the 360, and one of its designers is signed up too (he left the team and signed up before Square did)

xbox 1 admittedly doesn't yet take advantage of its power, though was readin the other day that Third Age 2 is bein developed for xbox 1, at least i think its for it. sometime next year. i'm lookin forward to it :P

whats gonna do it for me though is:

1. backwards compatibility - if 360 cuts this out, i'll probably never get one. PS3 has it for definate though.

2. games - the better games bein stuck only on one of them (from my perspective) will be another factor

3. price - speaks for itself really :P

and the power of the PS3 is tempting...so tempting....

Are UK customers just not allowed to buy through US distributers, with US prices? or even Canadian or Japanese distributers? The British pound is so strong, isn't like a shopping spree?

If you buy US doesn't that mean you have to buy games US? Don't games work the same as DVDs? Regions and the like... :vader:

Any way, xbox all the way... brother will end up getting the ps3 probably!!

OK so the BBC have some more info from E3...

The next-generation consoles promise high-definition cinematic images in real time and the computing power to deliver sophisticated and complex gameplay.

Microsoft is going to be the early frontrunner, as it plans to release its Xbox 360 across the world in November.

As part of an aggressive drive to dominate the next round of consoles, the software giant plans to have up to 40 games for the machine by the end of the year.

Those willing to wait were able to try out for themselves some of these titles at Microsoft's massive stand.

Sony's PlayStation 3 will come a few months later, in the spring of 2006, though details of where it will be available are not known.

While there were no playable games, Sony did blind everyone with talk of teraflops, gigaflops and floating point performance.

And later in the year will come Nintendo's Revolution.

In contrast to the technical specification provided by Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo kept most details about its console under wraps.

It was also the only one not to show any demos or trailers of next-generation games.

Instead, Nintendo surprised by many by revealing a sleek new version of its best-selling handheld GameBoy, called GameBoy Micro.

So while every one is playing on their beautiful Xbox 360 do some of you recon you could hold out until spring 2006 for this?

_41166377_rev_ps3203sony.jpg

The PS3 looks alright for something that resembles a laptop my dad had about 5 years ago. The black one looks cool... looks like Encyclopaedia Britannica mind... stick it on the bookcase and no one will know...!

But with the length of time between releases means I can get both....