lets have organised photo's with the celebs

I have readymany disappointed fans unable to have pics taken or just being told not allowed..come on showmasters sort this out! This is the one item fans have of remembering and showing their friends.I have been to many shows like this and in the states and most celebs are only too willing to have photo's with their real fans...its mainly the press thats the problem. Just state no flash and problems solved..especially when lighting is no problem.Also the use of video cameras now is that you can zoom in well away from the star or from where they are seated , with them not even knowing.

I f the organisers carry on treating the fans in this way , the numbers will start to fall year after year.

REMEMBER without the fans these events can't happen!

How about organising special shoots with a celeb with a poloroid camera for a small fee?they do this at many events in the states and are starting at some uk ones...FANS UNITED!!!! :lol:

No!

An event here does posed photos, just means the person has to leave their table for another period to pose for photos. Better off letteing people take pics whilst getting autographs rather than meanign less people meet them!

I do agree there i dont like the no posed piccys rule as i like to have piccys with the guests but if they have to leave the table to have a photo it would be a pain and more poeple would miss out :lol:

No!

An event here does posed photos, just means the person has to leave their table for another period to pose for photos. Better off letteing people take pics whilst getting autographs rather than meanign less people meet them!

Agree entirely - if its the same one i'm thinking of, the guest leaves their table for an hour or more for the photos, also has a lunch break, and also gets to do a talk as well. Therefore less time for other people to meet them.

Exactly. ^

I think photos are better than the actual autograph itself...if I want a photo, I usually ask...i've never not been able to get a photo..whether I'm in it or not. If you really want a photo but can't get photo, then I suggest you meet them another time.

When Sean Astin came to C4 he was sat at the end of a table (in the same area James Masters was on Sunday). After getting the autograph from Sean we could squat down next to him at the end on the table and all he had to do was look up! Took a couple of seconds providing the camera was ready.

i understand if the queue is ENORMOUS stopping the posed photos, but no photos of people getting signitures, i was told it would take too long. I counted a total of 8 seconds that my sister spent with James Marsters, plenty of time for me to take a shot, so why was my camera pushed away?

i understand if the queue is ENORMOUS stopping the posed photos, but no photos of people getting signitures, i was told it would take too long. I counted a total of 8 seconds that my sister spent with James Marsters, plenty of time for me to take a shot, so why was my camera pushed away?

james and his management asked for the photos to stop because people were just flashing in his and alexis face. so they though iot would be easier to stop them altogether. at the talk though, he told us to take as many as we wanted

so ask 4 no flashes :wub:

i think they did but you know what people are like especially (as like to call them) the sunday gawpers who just come down armed with a camera with no intention of actually attending the event. people just weren't abiding by the rules so it was ruined by a few for the many

The photo's and a chat were the highlight of the event for me.. If your just after autographs then there is always eBay LOL!

The photos and even a minute chat were worth far more to me than the autographs..

But saying that, you can never please eveyone. It just isn't possible to make 900 people have quality time with one person in one day.

And 900 is a restriction on the number of people that want to ... I think they do their best and they did a good job!

James' rep actually explained the whole situation properly right at the beginning of the talk and I'm suprised it hasn't been posted yet-

He wanted control of what was being taken of him, he especially didn't want people video'ing him for that reason without his permission, letting us have photos at the beginning of the talk was good of him and he was trying to keep everyone happy.

Theres no point whining about it, yes I would have also liked a photo, but I qued up for hours to be in the first 200 tickets and Im glad I actually got to meet him and talk to him, I actually had a short conversation with him which he was more than obliging to join in with so I didnt feel herded off personally.

Properly organised photo sessions sounds like a good idea, they work well at other cons, but in all honesty, I don't know if they are as busy as Collectormania? Also I doubt MK:centre has the facility to accomodate this properly.

A major problem with Collectormania is that there is not enough security for the guests, can you imagine trying to move them through a crowded shopping centre more than is absolutely nessecery?

A security guards nightmare I would imagine.