BUZZ ALDRIN - how much will he be charging please?

emmah

EXCELLENT GUEST !but I heard in USA shows he charges $150 - $200 per signature so can you give us some idea of what he is going to charge over here in the UK ....

You must have some idea when you negotiated to get him here and if it is going to be over £50 a signature we need to budget for this so the earlier you can tell us the better !

• Moderators

Hi Guys

We have not negotiated the exact rate yet but it is likely to be over £50. A signed Aldrin on the moon photo retails at about £250 so you can be sure that your investment will not lose it's value in the future.

Generally speaking moonwalkers (and yes they did really go to the moon) are the most desireable of all space related signatures and Buzz has always been up there with Armstrong as the two most requested signatures. A chance to meet this legend is worth the money alone.

Best

Dave Phillips

Autographica

Hi Guys

We have not negotiated the exact rate yet but it is likely to be over £50. A signed Aldrin on the moon photo retails at about £250 so you can be sure that your investment will not lose it's value in the future.

Generally speaking moonwalkers (and yes they did really go to the moon) are the most desireable of all space related signatures and Buzz has always been up there with Armstrong as the two most requested signatures. A chance to meet this legend is worth the money alone.

Best

Dave Phillips

Autographica

Can't argue with that.

Whether you are a fan of Space guests or not, this is a unique opportunity to get not just a signature but also to meet a living legend and get a piece of history.

TBH, I think youre looking at £100.

Not only does his auto cost a fair whack, but his fee has to be covered too.

But still, £100 for what youre getting, well worth saving for! How sick am I that I wont be around to meet the man.

Edited by mistaken_plane

This guy blows Shatner, Hamill, etc out of the water, remember they have only pretended to go into space. He has actually done it, and has also been one of a small group of twelve men that have walked / visited another place in the galaxy.

It is like having the opportunity to meet Christopher Columbus for example, someone that is a true pioneer and explorer within your own life-time, but someone that is and has already had a major impact on the last 36 years and will continue to do so in the future.

It is like having the opportunity to meet Christopher Columbus for example

Sorry for the history lesson butcolumbus only actually made it to the bahamas!

But even the Bahamas is a lot further than anyone else got before him (discounting the Norse, since their voyages into North America had zero impact on history... not their fault, since they did that in a time when communication wasn't exactly efficient... and when the Native Americans arrived, there was a land bridge from Siberia to Alaska, so it isn't as if they crossed a vast amount of sea to get here).

Everyone tries to dump on Columbus, but the simple fact is that his voyage in 1492 is the first major event that marks the start of the Renaissance, and THAT is his true importance; the voyage marked the move to a new attitude in Europe that spelled the end of the Dark Ages. ;)

The space programs of the US and USSR mark the end of the "it can't be done" attitude among engineers, and the beginning of micro-technology that started the race for bigger and faster computers squeezed into smaller and smaller boxes. The resulting Technological Revolution is at least as important as the Renaissance :D.

Besides... they went to the MOON, man! What an exciting adventure!

The more I have been thinking about this the more I want to go and I have just mentioned this event to my dad and he wasent really interested but I said Buzz Aldrin would be there and it has really got him thinking now, after all Buzz is not your normal sci-fi TV actor, he is the 2nd man who walked on the moon and I know if I didnt meet him now I would regret it later.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

A signed Aldrin on the moon photo retails at about £250 so you can be sure that your investment will not lose it's value in the future.

Not trying to be picky with my first post but an Aldrin signed on the moon photograph's value is circa $180-$250 or about £100. I think any guest, even one as distinguished as Dr. Aldrin should be dissuaded from charging much more than £75. Remember that even at £75 it would be 3 times more expensive than any previous Autographica guests.

Just my tuppence-worth. Regards,

Derek

P.S. Garry and Dave put on a GR8T show!!!

Hi its a lot of bucks for a signed photo,look what you can get at other shows for that 50 bucks would be fair but any thing over that i wouldnt pay.I know hes a famous person but id much prefer good actors from good shows or films to put on my wall...............id prefer to have buzz light year than pay 100 bucks for a photo of buzz 2nd man on the moon. sorry its way to much

• 4 weeks later...

£100 +?

That's crazy for one signature. Does it all go to him or what? Thats £1000 every 10-15 minutes.

And no way is it like meeting columbus. + Everyone remembers armstrong more so for the moon. £100? Shocked. Ive seen some not selling on ebay for 30 bucks.