Christopher Eccleston

JarethSeverus

I think Christopher Eccleston should have made his feelings known to the BBC before signing up for the show... he must have had some idea what it would entail.

He didn't want to renew the role to avoid being typecast, but I think it would do more for his image not to walk out after only a year. Everyone who plays the doctor will end up typecast to some degree! And to try to avoid Dr Who fans forever seems strange - surely he knew there was a huge fan culture?

Anyone else agree?

Mind you, at least we have a new series, and he is a good doctor so I have no complaints acting-wise. I'm not a new-Who hater! :D

I had a very enjoyable chat with Colin Baker at C7 (clang !) and he agreed with me !

Ecclestone has pulled off the impossible - he has re-invented the character for the new generation, whilst also staying true to the history and development of the show and the character !

Hehe... I had a chat too with Anneke Wills she came to the same conclusion that he really has made the impossible happen and done it soo well if you go on the amount of children that were at c7 on the sunday and going up to meet guests in their own right...and chasing the daleks.....HES GREAT and I think the time is right for Mr Tennant to take over the role! :D

Im looking forward to it