Gifts for guests

I'm paying my hard earned cash to meet them.  I think that that is gift enough considering how much they must get paid to attend!  :D

Thank you ! :wub:

:headscratch::wub:

For agreeing with me ! I hate all this "I'm bringing Michael Shanks a teddy bear" crap !

1. They end up in the bin

2. They are well enough paid for their attendance !

I'm paying my hard earned cash to meet them.  I think that that is gift enough considering how much they must get paid to attend!  :D

Thank you ! :wub:

:headscratch::wub:

For agreeing with me ! I hate all this "I'm bringing Michael Shanks a teddy bear" crap !

:D We agreed on something

*Faints*

:D

I never give guests gift either. I mean it's a nice gesture and all but I always feel embarassed for them because we all know they are not going to take 10 teddybears, boxes of chocolates, flowers and key chains back with them. And they always look so awkward accepting them. I mean they can't say no but at the same time it's just a bit much.

I just prefer to you know, talk to them *g*

I never give guests gift either. I mean it's a nice gesture and all but I always feel embarassed for them because we all know they are not going to take 10 teddybears, boxes of chocolates, flowers and key chains back with them. And they always look so awkward accepting them. I mean they can't say no but at the same time it's just a bit much.

I just prefer to you know, talk to them *g*

I think a lot of the time, it all goes to a local charitable institution.

I mean sometime these people will innocently mention something they like and will then get bombarded with it. Like when Elijah came to C4 I remember no end of people saying they would give him the Darkness album. Can you imagine how many he ended up with?? And being a big music fan he prob had it already anyway! :P

Still if you like giving to charity, it's the way to go! :D

Yeah but what about the stuff that can't be given to charity. It's such a waste if it gets thrown away.

Also like you said most gifts aren't original either. I mean how many packs of Jaffa Cakes must Chris Judge have received every time he comes over here?

I'm paying my hard earned cash to meet them.  I think that that is gift enough considering how much they must get paid to attend!  :P

Thank you ! :D

:headscratch::P

:o We agreed on something

*Faints*

:(

:P

I mean how many packs of Jaffa Cakes must Chris Judge have received every time he comes over here?

*Note to celebrities* Never say you like something because you'll end up with tons of them! I always remember back in the 1980s Duran Duran's Simon le Bon saying he liked orange smarties ........ cue thousands of them arriving at the fan office.

• Showmasters Admin

I agree I find the whole giving presents thing a bit odd. Do ppl really think the stars remember what they got from who? Well when it's something un-original like chocolates that is.

Although I'll admit that if someone has actually put some time and effort into what they give, I think it's not so bad. Like knitting the star a scarf with their name in it. At least it shows they tried, they bothered. Not like the pre-made bears or boxes of chocolates.

Edited by Too Tall

I've never given a guest a present and i'm not planning too. unless you come up with something so incredibly original and cool it's not worth it.

The only sort of thing i would maybe consider doing is a conversation that goes like this...

guest: "that coffee smells really good, I could do with one about now"

me:"i'll go and get you one if you like than when i come back you can pose for a photo with me!"

That way you get to meet them twice and get a photo

(by the way I probably will never do this, but it would be fun :lol: )

I'm paying my hard earned cash to meet them.  I think that that is gift enough considering how much they must get paid to attend!  :lol:

Thank you ! :lol:

:headscratch:;)

Not all celebs put fans gifts in the bin. Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys) still wears a chain a fan gave him 4 yrs ago, Orlando Bloom sometimes wears a ring a fan gave him, and Elijah Wood has kept a teddy a fan gave him too. It sits on his bed in his house.

Edited by isawien

I'm paying my hard earned cash to meet them.  I think that that is gift enough considering how much they must get paid to attend!  :lol:

Thank you ! :lol:

:headscratch:;)

Not all celebs put fans gifts in the bin. Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys) still wears a chain a fan gave him 4 yrs ago, Orlando Bloom sometimes wears a ring a fan gave him, and Elijah Woods has kept a teddy a fan gave him too. It sits on his bed in his house.

No I'm sure they do keep things but I'm equally sure that a fair bit does go in the bin/to a local charity.

Not all celebs put fans gifts in the bin. Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys) still wears a chain a fan gave him 4 yrs ago, Orlando Bloom sometimes wears a ring a fan gave him, and Elijah Wood has kept a teddy a fan gave him too. It sits on his bed in his house.

And for that one gift each of those 3 has kept how many do you think they have been given? :rolleyes:

And for that one gift each of those 3 has kept how many do you think they have been given? :rolleyes:

That was just examples of what fans gave stars, and they kept. I know theres alot more things they have kept as well. Orlando has also kept personalised t-shirts, pictures, and posters, as well as teddies, cards and jewelry.

:unsure:

Interviewer: Have you had any really bizarre things happen to you?

Matthew: Somebody gave me a pepper at the Collectormania that we did.

Interviewer: Kleptomania?

Matthew: Collectormania, it was a signing event-

Devon: Convention.

Matthew: Convention. Thanks you. And, yeah, somebody gave me a pepper. And you got something ever stranger (looks at Oliver)

Oliver: Yeah, we got a bra with potatoes in it. So I don't quite-

James: We're still trying to figure out what-

Interviewer: What kind of tribute is that?

Oliver: Isn't that weird?

Interviewer: What was going through someone's head? Something like, "I know what's gonna really impress the twins." (Group laughing)

Shrunken Head: I know what's going through my head.

:rolleyes:

From the PoA DVD.