Last ever episodes

prophecy_girl

Had this discussion with so many of my friends but curious to know what everyone here though of the last ever episodes of both Buffy and Angel. Did you think they were scripted perfect to a T or were you disappointed in character deaths, the way it just ended could have been scripted better etc.

i was disappointed with the way anya died..she was a huge part of the scooby gang and she did'nt have a proper death scene :huh: even the way they found out ..xander did'nt even shed a bloody tear for her, this was a woman he loved :P thats my pet hate with the final episode :P

Anya's my fave character of all time on Buffy, but I kinda see that they had so much to wrap up in 40 mins they couldn't have gone on and on with it for too long. It was a bit too quick but the episode did her character justice - a comedy moment with Tom Lenk about bunnies seconds before they were due to start fighting for their lives, also because it was so quick and sudden it was more of a shock for the viewers. I think it would have been better as a double or at least an hour episode. As for Xander not shedding a tear, I think they'd all accepted that any 1 or all of them could have died that day and to just accept it for now and deal with it later - which we obviously don't see.

I thought the Anya death scene was handled really well, they had to have the death of one main character in the episode too pull at the heartstrings of viewers. I don't think it would of been right if they had of killed Buffy, Willow, Xander or Giles off because they where the ones there at the beginning and it seemed fitting that they survived right through to the very end (granted Buffy did die twice).

I don't think they should of brought Angel in for the final episode of Chosen, it seemed abit wrong to me somehow, like he didn't really fit in with it all. I guess it's because I'm a huge fan of the 'Spuffy' dynamic. Loved the part where Buffy mentioned putting Spike and Angel in room to fight out there differences (with oil of somekind involved) that cast the best image in my mind! :D

I also loved the 'Cookie Dough' analogy, that was really great.

I hated the fact that Spike had too die (granted he was brought back on Angel afterwards but I didn't really watch Angel that much) beautiful the moment between him and Buffy when she told him she loves him. They both looked like they really did love each other, although Spike knew she didn't really.

So I think, basically, that the finale of Buffy was great and had really great dialogue and acting etc.

Anya's death defiantly most talked about. I was disappointed with her death, such a big main character and she didn't get a proper send off. It was a fair bit rushed and they should of really put it into two parts.

One bit I did love though was when they were in the hall, just like season 1. And talking about what they are going to do tomorrow, then Buffy, Xander and Willow go off leaving Giles- "the world is doomed" or summin like that, my memory isn't all that when it comes to quotes! When Spike died though, oh my god. :P Then I also managed to save a few (or many) tears for the last Angel episode..very sad!

The death of Anya was excellent. It was a portrayal of her character. Blunt and to the point, and I loved how they did it like that.

I have to own up to not watching much of Angel season 5, my likeage of the show came to a very abrupt ending in season 4. The whole Evil Cordy just didn't do anything for me, and what I affectionately term the Ick Factor sealed the deal. However, I did tune in for the finale and a part of me wishes I hadn't.

In a sense, I felt cheated as I'd watched Angel from the very beginning and was desperate to see him get what he'd worked for, but alas, it was not to be.

To be honest, after Cordy/CC left, the show just didn't have the same kick to it. She was always my fave, besides Spike/JM, and I was beyond gutted when they killed her off.

• 3 weeks later...

i hated Not Fade Away .

i thought it was total crap and not really like Angel at all. Poor Wesley Spike coming back for a Season to die again and hello where was the Shanshu ending i felt really cheated. although Season 4 and 5 really felt the effect of not Cordy (i'm not counting evil Cordy she was an insane idea right up there with grown up connor)

i did like the end of Buffy it felt final.

I didn't really buy Spike death because i knew he was coming back so it wasn't as upsetting by the 7th Season was building to the climatic end and Buffy final worked through her issues.. ;)

I CANT BELIEVE THEY KILLED ANYA!!! I WAS SO SAD WHEN I SAW IT,!!

DID SPIKE ACTUALLY DIE?

I KNOW HE CAME INTO ANGEL AS A GHOST, BUT I THOUGHT VAMPS COULDENT DIE OR DEAMONDS!!!

AAHHHHHHHHHHH IM SO FUSTRATED!

The death of Anya was excellent. It was a portrayal of her character. Blunt and to the point, and I loved how they did it like that.

I have to own up to not watching much of Angel season 5, my likeage of the show came to a very abrupt ending in season 4. The whole Evil Cordy just didn't do anything for me, and what I affectionately term the Ick Factor sealed the deal. However, I did tune in for the finale and a part of me wishes I hadn't.

In a sense, I felt cheated as I'd watched Angel from the very beginning and was desperate to see him get what he'd worked for, but alas, it was not to be.

To be honest, after Cordy/CC left, the show just didn't have the same kick to it. She was always my fave, besides Spike/JM, and I was beyond gutted when they killed her off.

THEY KILLED CORDELIA??????????

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I HATE THEM GUYS!!!

KILLING ANYA AND SPIKE IS A START BUT CORDY???

HOWS THE SHOPS GUNNA GET RID OF THERE CLOTHES????