MESSAGE FROM MARK & JASON

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Jason and I would like to thank you all so much for applying to crew at Collectormania 7. We have been completely overwhelmed by the response, and have had almost twice the number of people we need applying.

Unfortunately this does mean that there will be some people who wont be selected to work at Collectormania 7, or even some who may be working, but a bit less than they would expect. PLEASE don't think either is a reflection on you, it is just that we want to try and get as many people as possible to be able to work, but by the same token we have had so many people apply that there will be some who can't this time.

We hope that you all will want to apply to help at a future Collectormania, or even The London Film and Comic Con in June, and we will really do appreciate the support and goodwill that we have received from ALL of you. We know that you are all the best crew there is, and we are lucky that you want to work with us!

Thank you so much, and whether you are working or not, we look forward to seeing you at Collectormania 7.

Mark and Jason

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin
so i assume that means if you havent had an email by now then your not crewing?

=x=

I'd look on the bright side until you actually get the mail. SM do seem to be sending them out to everyone, crewing or not. So I'm sure you'll get one soon.

My C7 is gunna suck now. I tried not to depend on crewing but its a bit hard when ur left hanging til a week before the event. u have no idea how upset i am now

oh hun... i wish i could make you feel better!!

*hugs*

um... some people dont even have a hotel. :blink:

=x=

so i assume that means if you havent had an email by now then your not crewing?

=x=

I'd look on the bright side until you actually get the mail. SM do seem to be sending them out to everyone, crewing or not. So I'm sure you'll get one soon.

i hope your right

Know how you feel Nell *hugs* Would have been my first time crewing but if its not to be its not to be :blink:

Hope the rest of you guys find out soon either way. I think its the waiting which is the worst.

it just came through, i am very ***** off 5 weeks i have been waiting and so more they should of don't first come first served but i bet they have picked people they know not happy what so ever :unsure::angry::angry::angry:

you dont know how they pick people. i know you arent going to be happy anyways... but i know people that have crewed before and they arent happy either. im sure they are trying their best.

and im sure that means nothing to you.

id be walking into walls by now if i was in some peoples positions.

=x=

it just came through, i am very ***** off 5 weeks i have been waiting and so more they should of don't first come first served but i bet they have picked people they know not happy what so ever :unsure::angry::angry::angry:

Ive worked for them before and i applied to work all days this time but i only got one....my friend whos never worked for them is doing 3...its just the luck of the draw!

I can understand why people are annoyed but i can also see things from SMs side of things...

it just came through, i am very ***** off 5 weeks i have been waiting and so more they should of don't first come first served but i bet they have picked people they know not happy what so ever :unsure:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Ive worked for them before and i applied to work all days this time but i only got one....my friend whos never worked for them is doing 3...its just the luck of the draw!

I can understand why people are annoyed but i can also see things from SMs side of things...

so can I but all I feel is upset and I dont think the system is fair. Even if I got picked to crew I would still have the same opinion.

ppl who are crewing but not as much as they asked should just be grateful they are crewing at all.

can you see why they couldn't have worked it out earlier? Cos I can't.

I think they'd planned to have them done a week or so ago cos i remember them saying something, but then they had big guests cancel so have been going rather crazy dealing with that!

And they cant sort it too early till they know what guests they're gonna have and talks etc

Its annoying its so late, im having to faf about to reorganise stuff, but it cant be helped...not this time anyway...hopefully next time things will run a bit more smoothly...

it just came through, i am very ***** off 5 weeks i have been waiting and so more they should of don't first come first served but i bet they have picked people they know not happy what so ever :unsure:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

you dont know how they pick people. i know you arent going to be happy anyways... but i know people that have crewed before and they arent happy either. im sure they are trying their best.

and im sure that means nothing to you.

id be walking into walls by now if i was in some peoples positions.

=x=

thanks for your postive feed back. :lol:

it is not hard to just at least tell every one a little earilier

i know showmaster have a lot to do and work hard but that is why we what to crew for them, that is why i reply straight away and so i one day is not much to ask for but i have lost money because of this now as i needed to make arrangements before now and wasn't able to wait until after this dam e-mail or i was going to lose transport.

i dont care what anyone says it should be first come first served. at least it would be fair then. ;)

I'm sorry some of you are uspet but as SM have said, there are other chances this year to crew for them, and I was pretty annoyed that they took so long to send the emails but at least they have made a statement now and have told us the reasons behind it.

The first come first serve way could be a little tricky though as not only do they want new people to join their team but they also need to make sure they are recruiting someone who will be a credit to the team and for all they know the first emails they get could be off ANYONE.

Edited by eowidith_aura2004

oh man if I ever asked again I'd need some prozac. besides, other chances to crew doesnt help me now. I really look forward to collectormania cuz I dont get to go anywhere else. If I dont have that, I have nothing at all to look forward to. :D

Guys, you have to bear with them. They dont just have a LOT of work to do, they have TONNES! How many great guests have been announced lately? I'm sure that takes ages to sort out too.

They NEED crew, so its not as if they're NOT going to do it at all, you just need a bit of patience.

They've done their best, i believe :D