CREW EMAILS AT LAST!

elijahs_ladie

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think this was planned very well really, It said they picked ppl at random yet all the ppl that normally crew got picked. funny that. it also means that ppl that asked to crew after you did get picked. not a very fair way of doing it really.

I'm sorry you feel the choosing was unfair. We did try to be as even handed as we could be. A lot of factors came in; which days you could work (people willing to work Sunday had an advantage, given it was a busy day, but they weren't guaranteed to be chosen), if you needed a room (only a limited number available to us), and so on. The random part became a factor when we began to run low on spaces on the crew, and we had to choose between two (or more) equally matched volunteers; random wasn't the criterion we used from the get-go. And as I said before, no matter what we did and who was chosen for whatever days, some people would end up being disappointed; I hated that.

hello there mr stuart bloke whoever you are :wub:

Hi Kirsty. Thanks for the welcome. Though I'm new to the board, some of you will have met me at previous shows; I was a pit boss at the last few shows. I probably won't post too much here, as I tend to spend too much time on forums if I'm not careful, and not get anything else done, but I will try and not be too anti-social.

Thanks for posting Stuart, I'm sure pretty much everyone is understanding about what has happened now they've calmed down a lil bit. Unfortunately with the events becoming so popular, it must be really hard to work with everyone who applies :wub: Inevitably this means some people will be let down but I know how much you and Mark and Jason care about the crew etc and these events! I'm sure everyone will try their best to attend and make it all a success, whether as a crew member or just visiting :wub:

Thanks for being understanding.

now they've calmed down a lil bit.

:wub: did I make a bosom of myself!?

Not at all :wub: I can only imagine how annoying and stressful it must be, ur entitled to feel so bad .. just wish there was something I could do for ya!

What he said, pretty much word for word.

I dont think this was planned very well really, It said they picked ppl at random yet all the ppl that normally crew got picked. funny that. it also means that ppl that asked to crew after you did get picked. not a very fair way of doing it really.

I'm sorry you feel the choosing was unfair. We did try to be as even handed as we could be. A lot of factors came in; which days you could work (people willing to work Sunday had an advantage, given it was a busy day, but they weren't guaranteed to be chosen), if you needed a room (only a limited number available to us), and so on. The random part became a factor when we began to run low on spaces on the crew, and we had to choose between two (or more) equally matched volunteers; random wasn't the criterion we used from the get-go. And as I said before, no matter what we did and who was chosen for whatever days, some people would end up being disappointed; I hated that.

ack Im sorry! I was kinda upset at the time and I apologise for being bitchy! I did post after that to say sorry for the negative stuff! I wouldn't like to be in your postition and I think its great you've given us so much feedback. :)

now they've calmed down a lil bit.

:D did I make a bosom of myself!?

Not at all :wub: I can only imagine how annoying and stressful it must be, ur entitled to feel so bad .. just wish there was something I could do for ya!

What he said, pretty much word for word.

:angry::wub:

awwww!

*huggles stuart*

thanks for all that feedback stuart. its much appreciated.

i had been trying to work out how you were sending the mails out.... but now i know it was alphabetical by first name. (mostly) i think i came up with every possible alternative! teehee.

thanks again.

=x=

i had been trying to work out how you were sending the mails out.... but now i know it was alphabetical by first name. (mostly) i think i came up with every possible alternative! teehee.

This might explain why I still haven't heard a thing!!

You should have heard by now, one way or another. E-mail the crew@showmasters address and I will check for yyou.

You should have heard by now, one way or another. E-mail the crew@showmasters address and I will check for yyou.

Thanks, I will!! :D