How to get there...

dru79

Hi guys,

I'm a great Italian Btvs and Ats' fan and I will be at the con for my first time on Sunday.

Can you please tell me how can i get there from London?

I read a few topics but I'm still confused...

Thank you in advance (and sorry for my bad english...),

Dru

P.S. Do they accept credit card to buy tickets and merchandise?...

Um, I'm not extremely knowledgable on this topic - but I recommend you get the train from London Euston (it is London Euston, right?) straight to MK, then, outside of the station, walk straight and keep walking straight - and you'll eventually reach the centre.

:angry:

Uh, can anyone else help me out? I've only actually ever done that journey the once...

You were correct Jeni!

Are you coming into Heathrow? Get the tube to Euston, then get on a Virgin train (they are the quick ones) to MK Central then you can either walk or get a taxi from outside the station.

Which tickets do you mean? The train tickets can be bought with a credit card and I think most sellers will probably accept them as well. If you mean the virtual queue tickets however, you don't actually pay for them. They are free and when your number is called you pay the nice people at the desk with all the photo's on just before you get to the guest. They do not accept debit/credit cards, it has to be cash.

Thanks Jeni!Thanks Raylenth!

I think I will take a Virgin bus (there aren't trains on that sunday or am i wrong? :D ) from Euston to MK Central and then a taxi to the shopping centre.

Hope to get there in time (and alive :blink:).

Thank you again!

Dru

I've just called Virging trains for you and you are right in the morning it is a replacement bus service from Euston. Just turn up to the station and the staff should direct you to where the buses are. The journey by bus should take about an hour and a half.

They said trains will start running again at 11.39.

Thank you so much!You're very kind! :)

Do you think it's fine if I'll arrive there at about 9.30?

Hope to see James, Alexis, Tony and Kali before 5 p.m... :unsure:

That's all for now...but I think I'll write here soon again. :P

Dru

I doubt a taxi would be less than £100-£150 from London. You'll probably only be able to get a black cab and they cost a fortune.

Get the train!

Yeah...I think it's better if we get there by train! :lol:

Thank you!!! :D

fell beast and i are taking "easybus" from london--near the baker street tube station. we've never used it before, but the price was right--we got our seats for a pound, and the return for me was 4 pounds early tues morning. i just checked their website, and on sunday they have 5 runs up to MK, the 1st arriving around 12:30pm. looks like the book-ahead price is 4 pounds.

(this suggestion is for your friends--you're better off w/a bus from euston if that is where you arrive)

good luck!

fell beast and i are taking "easybus" from london--near the baker street tube station. we've never used it before, but the price was right--we got our seats for a pound, and the return for me was 4 pounds early tues morning. i just checked their website, and on sunday they have 5 runs up to MK, the 1st arriving around 12:30pm. looks like the book-ahead price is 4 pounds.

(this suggestion is for your friends--you're better off w/a bus from euston if that is where you arrive)

good luck!

I don't know...we're going to stay there only Sunday so I think 12.30 p.m. it's too late.

But thank you anyway!!! :unsure:

I think we'll come back with a Virgin train (there's one every 15/30 minutes in the afternoon).

We're going to take a taxi from the MK Central Station, what do i have to tell to the taxi driver? The MK shopping centre or some particular entrance etc?...

Thanks in advance!

Dru

hi

Now i´m a confused German fan :D I was planning to get a cap from london to Milton Keynes as I was told that the earliest bus or train won´t be there in the morning. Is it really that expensive to get there by cap??from London to Gatwick airport I had to pay 50 pounds once so I thought it wouldn´t cost more than 80-100 ??? I´d be very very thankful for any info

hi

Now i´m a confused German fan :D I was planning to get a cap from london to Milton Keynes as I was told that the earliest bus or train won´t be there in the morning. Is it really that expensive to get there by cap??from London to Gatwick airport I had to pay 50 pounds once so I thought it wouldn´t cost more than 80-100 ??? I´d be very very thankful for any info

I've never tried it by cab, but if you do chose that route, I'd advise ordering a cab in advance. If you hail a black cab, it'll cost way more than 80-100 (they charge on a sort of time/distance) rate.

hi

Now i´m a confused German fan :rolleyes: I was planning to get a cap from london to Milton Keynes as I was told that the earliest bus or train won´t be there in the morning. Is it really that expensive to get there by cap??from London to Gatwick airport I had to pay 50 pounds once so I thought it wouldn´t cost more than 80-100 ??? I´d be very very thankful for any info

Hi JMsangel! :lol:

There are Virgin buses from Euston that leave at 7.00 a.m.

I think we're going to take one of them.

The cost is about 16 pounds.

Dru

P.S. Are you going to be in London also for the two JM's concerts?

Hi Dru!!

Yeah but I wanted to be in MK about 7 o´clock as I also want to meet the Lord of the Rings stars and of course Jimmy :wub:

Yes I will be going to the 2 concerts in London too :wub:

I´m so excited, Ive met him before, he´s a wonderful person

Hi Dru!!

Yeah but I wanted to be in MK about 7 o´clock as I also want to meet the Lord of the Rings stars and of course Jimmy  :D

Yes I will be going to the 2 concerts in London too  :P 

I´m so excited, Ive met him before, he´s a wonderful person

I see...We'll be there at about 10 am...hope to see James, Anthony and Alexis before 5 pm... :unsure:

I'll be going to the 2 concerts in London too!!! :D Maybe we'll meet...just look for the only three people who speak italian in the queue and you'll find us ;)

I've met him before too and he's a total sweetie! I love him! :D