Tattoos...

prophecy_girl

It is relaxing though, after you get used to the persistant scratching the whole process starts to relax you. That and the cup of tea they got me lol. I am going to be a regular I think at Ruby Arts. Ruby Arts - Mick Tomo. There are other places in York, only I don't trust them lol. They all look seedy and I've heard only bad things...!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3 tattoos, a rose, a chinese sign meaning happy and lucky (even tho i have a feeling it means something like egg fried rice lol) and a sphinx (love everything about egyptian) and im thinking of having another but cant make my made up out of the 2 i do want doing.

• 2 years later...

I just got this tattoo done three weeks ago, and thankfully the itching has gone and the scabs have healed nicely, which means one more week and the shading can be done.

The pictures below were took within 48 hours of the outline being done, so it doesn't look so good, but never mind. A friend of mine designed it for me three years ago and I only found the time to get inked a few weeks ago.

It's costing me £50 for an hour session, which isn't bad, and the whole thing will cost £150. If I had a copy of the full design, I'd share it, but I don't so never mind.

judith1002.jpg

judith1001.jpg

I got my sixth done last week and am already through the flakes :( I have an Iznik tulip on my big toe (don't do it! It's sooooo painful!), tribal flower on the ankle, tribal lower back piece, large tree and inscription on the top half of my back, a lizard on the top of my right arm and the newest is a paisley on the inside of my wrist. It really is addictive, I love having them done. And my tattooist isn't at all seedy and hand draws all his pieces - downside is he's in Istanbul :( Makes it kind of hard to just nip out and get one done.

I saw that on another board, so its going over another tattoo? my tattoo place is £60 an hour, but i like my tattoist so its work it :)

It's gonna be covering a blue rose I got done eons ago. The rose was supposed to be continued, but since I left Scotland and the tattoo shop, there would be no way to get the design completed. A shame since it was going to be a lovely piece of art.

I actually went to get the shading done yesterday, but the only free two hour slot Lee had was next Thursday, which waiting is endlessly aggravating.

Disneydude, I like yours. It's simple and understated, which some of the best tattooes are :D

Thanks Scorch. If you look closely and kinda tilt your head a bit, you'll see it's actually a tribal dragon lol.

I do like the outline you've had done so far. I'd love something like that starting from my shoulder continuing down my arm and side of my body.. but id be terrified of the pain. Not a question of money or anything lol :D

Just curious if anyones got any tattoos on here, where they are and why they got them. I'm such an obssesed buffy fan, I got my tattoo dedicated to the show. It's faith tribal one, she's actually got it on her arm but I got mine on the bottom of my back...It only took 20 mins and cost �20. I luuuurve it :blink:

16659f86.jpg

Hello. I am a massive Angel fan and I have got the Angel wings that they show at the beginning tattooed on my neck. :blink:

I have the triquetra on my right wrist. This photograph is from March 2006 when I got it done, so is pretty old, but you get the jist!

Picture139.jpg

I'm hopefully getting a new tattoo soon. My granny was called Iris and this November is the 10th anniversary of her death; I'm getting a really vibrant, colourful Iris flower on down the side calf in memory of her. I want it to be really bright and bold to not only contrast with the black tattoo I opted for last time, but to match her personality and look extra special. Call it cheesy, and I know it's not for everyone, but it just feels like the best way for me to personally remember her life!

XO Olly

Yahoooo!!

I got the first two hours of shading done on Thursday just gone. Here are some pictures.

012.jpg

This is the front, which still remains virtually untouched as I wanted the most tender parts over and done with.

011.jpg

This is the back of it and you get a good idea of why so little shading took so long to do. There are at least three different shades of grey and a smidgen of some other colour. Don't ask me what, I just sat there and let Lee p**** me!

010.jpg

You can't see the bottom of it, but never mind. I'll be sure to take a better picture tomorrow morning.

013.jpg

This is the one that shows off the nasty bruising that comes when you get your bicep muscle inked. Pretty, ain't it?!

Well? What do you think of it so far?