Am I 2 late 2 Crew?

deadgirl

Am I 2 late 2 crew?

Made my mind up to try it out at last! and I seen msgs sayin that crew mails R out, but people R still sayin they havent heard if their working. So hoping SM might need more people :rolleyes:

Does any1 know?

Aswell, do i need to find sumwhere 2 stay , or will the nice SM peeps sort that?

Fanks any1 for ideas

Not Fair!

So If i do wot SM say on their forum, i wont apply, but if i badger them at the last minute I might've got to crew.

POOOoooey!

Looks like I couldve applied, with every1 being told only now they are crewing.

Am worried bout a few things if i apply to crew LFACC now -

I would have to book a train ticket in advance to be able to afford to go to C7 or LFACC, and couldnt go if i had 2 pay 4 my own hotel. So sort of screwd really, if you dont get to find out to like, only ONE week before the event, then i mightve bought my ticket with my savings, but then find im not going to crew. The other way round is its too expensive to book a ticket 1 week b4 ;)

Do SM usually take this long to sort their crew out? ;)

(B4 you jump on mi head - I KNOW they must be busy, with gustes n tings - but dont they organize in advance? - like u kneed guests but aint no good unles you have crew 2 look after dem!)

I'd like to crew SM shows, so any1 that can stop me worrying about this? :P

Edited by deadgirl

• Showmasters Admin

The CORRECT way of offering to crew is to send a mail well in advance. This is what myself and I'd say 99% of the crew did.

blueyvelvet was obviously just lucky and SM had a spare place at the last minute but that is not the norm.

For C6 the crew conf were not sent out until 2 weeks before the event. I believe LFCC2 was the same.

It's just something you have to put up with if you want to crew. It is a pain but it's the way it is. We'd all like to know well in advance but I'm sure SM have their reasons for having to leave it so late.

Unfortunatly in your case this may mean you won't be able to crew. Sorry.

i think you are a little late yes - although on my last one which was also my first too i applied in the last week and still got in the crew team, and yes if you are crewing showmasters arrange accomadation if you ask them too.

sorry just wanted to add, for benefit of newbies, that SM can't put EVEREY person crewing up and have said in past crew emails that they will ask people NOT REQUERING a room first, as this will save them costs :blush: