A newbies guide to crewing

Muffin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crewing is tremendous fun, and you'll make a lot of damn good friends, due to the nature of being at work at stupid o'clock and working real hard all day.

Make sure you're wearing comfortable shoes, this cannot be stressed enough. (I know it's been said a coupla times, but believe me on this one!!!!)

It's probably a good idea to make sure that you're wearing comfortable trousers too - I know this might sound really strange, but there's nothing worse than not being able to concentrate on the task in hand because your attention is on your discomfort.

Redbull is god.

Breaks? well, you'd have to catch a lucky break *groan* to get one, but this is appreciated by most people.

In short, expect a lot of damn hard work, but *know* that every second will be appreciated, if not by the fans, by Showmasters themselves. Expect to make friends (unless you're really unfriendly!) and expect to sleep for England when you get home, through the post con blues.

Expect to get drunk (provided you're old enough of course!!) and expect to do embarassing things *tries desperately not to remember Wetherspoons on the night before lfacc2*.

I find that it's useful to carry tic tacs or other mints around with me, at worst, it'll give your mouth something to do whilst you realise you can't remember what food is.

Oh, and if you're interested, mine's a Corona with lime, and I'll see y'all in the bar :)

Expect to get drunk (provided you're old enough of course!!) and expect to do embarassing things *tries desperately not to remember Wetherspoons on the night before lfacc2*.

You couldn't possibly mean.....

Carl and Troy sitting in a tree....... :D

Aaaaw Troy, you're the person that introduced me to Corona! At the London meet :(

If you think you may be roped into collapsing tables of lifting heavy stuff, get yourself a pair of gloves. Something like some rigger gloves from Homebase or robert dyas should be fine. The tables will have lots of splinters and you will be tired, so gloves should protect your hands.

Paul

lol that's actually very true .. I appear totally sane compared to Fliss! :P

.........yeah right.......... :rolleyes:;)

Fliss, anyone seems sane compared to you, sorry :P

even si has a flicker of sanity next to you flissy-poo :P