A newbies guide to crewing

Muffin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, okay, maybe my comment was a bit wrong.

You are recomended to eat to remain healthy. Food supplies may not be as much as you may be used to in the outside world. How much you eat depends on your metabolism and the energy you use each day at the show.

Is that a better comment?

Paul

Ooooh Red Bull .. tastes nice at first, then I realise how sick it tastes on its own, and then I become kinda numb to the taste n just drink it anyway if I have enough of it :rolleyes:

Bit like crewing Saturday afternoons!!!

New advice...

Chemical stimulants are bad. You will be on an adrenaline high, you do not need to be kicked any higher!!

Paul

even tho ive crewed before reading all this has got me all hyped again!! cant wait!!! *joins david with camera to catch embarresing events*

*NOTE TO SELF*

Keep away from Vicky if I am feeling like being a tad on the embarrasing side.... which would be.... ALL THE TIME :rolleyes:

Other thoughts.

Wear good comfortable shoes. You'll possibly be on your feet for 12 hours.

Water. Water is good. It stops dehydration.

Loo breaks. If you get a chance, take it. If you think you are going to need a loo break in half an hour's time, ask for it now. It may take half an hour to find a replacement for you, and you can't just wander off.

Don't "do favours" for people in the queue if you have been given an instruction that you would have to break to do the favour. If you let one person, for example, push in, other people will expet to be treated the same, and will complain loudly and embarassingly when they are refused.

Remember, people can't do the impossible. The hall gets very crowded, and just getting from one end of it to the other may take someone several minutes. If you need something fetching it will take time. If a guest is getting upseet because the impossible takes time make sure your pit boss (your immediate supervisor) knows about it too.

Ummm, okay definately wear comfortable shoes, although remember that city ligts won't let you in with trainers, but they will let you in with bowling shoes on! (try and figure that one out!)

Also, pack lots of pro plus and nuerofen. And always carry some sort of chocolate on you for those quick sugar highs. Although not in your back pocket, because then it just melts everywhere!

Oh and listen to David B. Obviously. He's done quite a few of these now.

Simone

I always get friends who aren't crewing to bring me food, or my stomach would never forgive me :yoda:

I get it forced on me, hehehe. Although them friends are crewing this time round so.. I'm a bit f***ed :lol: lol

Shoes, most importantly.. definitely. And try and eat something in the morning if you can. Collectormania is more stressful that lfacc, so if you havent worked before, keep in mind that it is going to be crowed. You can always help and tell people who are standing still, (at the end of crew lines) to move along.. :) It'll take a while to get through those crowds. Eek!

I always get friends who aren't crewing to bring me food, or my stomach would never forgive me :yoda:

I get it forced on me, hehehe. Although them friends are crewing this time round so.. I'm a bit f***ed :lol: lol

Shoes, most importantly.. definitely. And try and eat something in the morning if you can. Collectormania is more stressful that lfacc, so if you havent worked before, keep in mind that it is going to be crowed. You can always help and tell people who are standing still, (at the end of crew lines) to move along.. :) It'll take a while to get through those crowds. Eek!

Oh, and if you dont read your crew booklet thoroughly, you might as well forget it.. So.. read it.. :lol:

Ok the food thing is a total myth - I can attest that Tara and I really don't eat for like the whole time and if we do it isn't much HOWEVER there is McDs in the center for breakfast and Nandos so food is available it is just getting priorities right. Chocolate is your friend!!!!

Alcohol - well as Davey said it is not good to wake up drunk BUT it sure beats a hangover!!!!! :unsure:

Tara is very very very good at throwing up - Absinthe works well!

Sleep - people haven't mentioned the sleep thing. Basically not much of it happens. The times that we have actually been good (cough) and gone to bed we like haven't been able to sleep and end up in fits of laughter sooooooooooooo you might as well be out. The adrenaline rush is amazing even without the added Red Bull and Pro Plus (my stimuants of choice).

On a more sad note - you will probably get a cold afterwards at about the same time that the depression sets in. There is not much to be done about it and just think of it as a reminder of the event and know that lots of other people are feeling it too!

I was petrefied my first time but now I love it more than anything I can think of and being a part of the team is just WOW (oh sentimental moment!) :blush:

Tara is very very very good at throwing up - Absinthe works well!

why don't you just zip it? :rolleyes:

zip it

ah no no....ZIP IT.

:wub:

Conversation goes.........

Tara: DAVEY DAVEY................................

I wont go into anymore details!!

It was the funniest thing ever :uhoh: