Previous Crew Members

DavidB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, Joe and Gemma. Lots of fun to be had with you two. See i really like ticketing too!

Are we just really wierd? Maybe? I don't know?

But ticketing is so much un. I loved doing the tcketing for Brian Blessed even theough the queue never moved. And i really mean never because he would spend ages talking to everyone. But it was great fun, even though it was at the Costa end so i had to keep asking for people to stop moving into the exits to look at Verne Troyer.

Simone

Awww, Joe and Gemma. Lots of fun to be had with you two. See i really like ticketing too!

Are we just really wierd? Maybe? I don't know?

But ticketing is so much un. I loved doing the tcketing for Brian Blessed even theough the queue never moved. And i really mean never because he would spend ages talking to everyone. But it was great fun, even though it was at the Costa end so i had to keep asking for people to stop moving into the exits to look at Verne Troyer.

Simone

hey simone!! woo!

*dances*

i love ticketing. i think its because you get to interactive with so many people. i especially like it if the guest is really busy. ticketing means being on the front of everything. people ask you questions because they cant get past you to ask anyone else. its like being the last link.

i know that you can some angry people but i dont mind dealing with them and trying to sort out thier problems as best i can.

but most of all i love to see people come out the other end of the queue in a daze because they have just had the most amazing experience in the world. when they come out of those queues... they are mostly different to when they went in.

its a beautiful transformation. and i love to see the magic happen!

=x=

but most of all i love to see people come out the other end of the queue in a daze because they have just had the most amazing experience in the world. when they come out of those queues... they are mostly different to when they went in.

I couldn't agree more, I havent crewed at Showmasters yet but I have done a fair bit of people watching and you can just see the change in just perhaps that brief moment. That is one of things that has inspired me to take up crewing being a part of helping in that experience, no matter how small.

I couldn't agree more, I havent crewed at Showmasters yet but I have done a fair bit of people watching and you can just see the change in just perhaps that brief moment. That is one of things that has inspired me to take up crewing being a part of helping in that experience, no matter how small.

exactly.

its an amazing moment isnt it? i cant really describe it. but the guests have this amazing gift to make people feel like that. at the minute i dont have that gift so i get as close to it as i possibly can. working for SM has given me so many things but its also a way for me to give something back. a way to be part of something thats so much bigger than myself.

and i enjoy every moment of it.

=x=

• Showmasters Admin

Collectormania 6

Took cash for Carrie Fisher. It would have to be that I got possably the busiest job on my first time crewing, but it was good fun and I had a great day. Made even better by having Roxy sat behind me on another queue, she was a great laugh, although she did spent most of the day taking the pee out of my "NEXT PAYING CUSTOMER PLEASE!!!" shout :rolleyes:

Edited by Too Tall

Collectormania 6

Took cash for Carrie Fisher. It would have to be that I got possably the busiest job on my first time crewing, but it was good fun and I had a great day. Made even better by having Roxy sat behind me on another queue, she was a great laugh, although she did spent most of the day taking the pee out of my "NEXT PAYING CUSTOMER PLEASE!!!" shout :rolleyes:

teehee! sounds fun.

i remember that my first job was ticketing for robert englund. it was busy all day! and for some reason i ended up doing the tickets for the queue next to him for a while too. now that was confusing. talk about being thrown in at the deep end! but it was fun!

=x=

Ok, see if I can remember what I have done ^_^

LFACC

Ticketing/Virtual Queue Levar Burton

Watching all the computer equipment in the forum lounge (don't ask)

C5

Guest Assistant Rena Owen

Ticketing/Virtual Queue Brad Dourif

Whiteboards

Runner

Guest Assistant Gates McFadden

Guest Assistant Daniel Logan

Tidy up on the Monday night after event

C6

Guest Assitant Richard Kiel (half day) then

Runner for Costa Wing

Guest Assistant Julie Caitlian Brown

Photo girl for Dwight Shultz

I think that's it!

Loved every minute of it! Best times had when working for Showmasters, but bloody hard work!

Can't wait to see everyone again in a few weeks! *Waves to Everyone*

Hey Nat, I hope your voice is much better :D

Hugs

Marina xx

Yeesh, 'm trying to remember now....

C4

Unofficially, I was collared to clear costa end of people just standing around.

LFACC1

Ummm, started off as cash for ummmm, someone, but got swapped out to be a pitrunner. Realised at this point that's probably the best most rewarding job at a con.

C5

Can't actually remember :( I think I was probably pitrunner most of the weekend - I've kinda settled into that groove now.

C6

Initiated Team Troy on the whiteboards (Go Team Troy!!) and then spent the rest of the weekend as a runner.

LFACC2

General Runner again, god this sounds exciting doesn't it?!

Thing is with being a runner, sometimes you might be covering a toilet break, fetching stuff for guests, sat with guests, sorting stuff out, clearing people away, pushing queues through, pretty high demanding stuff - you just need to do what needs doing.

Can't wait to see everyone again in a few weeks! *Waves to Everyone*

Hey Nat, I hope your voice is much better :P

Hugs

Marina xx

Well it was...BUT NOW ITS GOING AGAIN! *cries* ;) i have a possible flu. am currently off college trying to make it better....

you guys are really going to start thinking i sound like that soon...:(

Must make voice better!

any tips? Except dont speak at all until C7...cos i dont think i could handle that one! :lol:

Cant wait to see ye!

Nat :lol:

LFACC1:

Virtual Que info board updater, Door, Talks assistant.

C5:

Guest assistant for Leo Rossi

Ticketing for various

Cash desk relief

Running

C6:

Running, Ticketing, guest assistant to Dirk Bennedict

LFaCC2:

Guest assistant to Jeannette Goldstein, cash for David Hewlitt

I've probably missed something out somewhere, but there's a lot to remember