Previous Crew Members

DavidB

• Moderators

OK I thought it might be a good idea for previous crew members to share their experiences so people who might want to crew at future events can see what it has been like! So please post yours and your thoughts about being a crew member at shows :unsure:

----------------------------------------------------------

Collectormania 4 - I worked on the information desk, which was very stressful as it was Hobbitmania and lots of people sadly didn't get to see Elijah, Sean, Dom etc so I had a lot of stressed out people to deal with! But it was my first experience and it didn't really put me off! It was the most manic event that I've worked at but the atmosphere was just so great and you never forget being part of something like that.

Collectormania 5 - That was my first event that I got to try out some of the different jobs.

Cash for Craig Parker.

Guest assistant and cash for Corin Nemec.

Guest assistant and cash for Clint Howard.

Guest assistant and cash for Harry Sinclair.

I was lucky in that I had such friendly guests to work with. Corin and Clint didn't stop talking all day and really put me at ease. Corin was busy but always made time to talk to me about everything from philosophy to his family! Clint had been in so many different movies that we never ran out of things to discuss. And Harry bought me chocolate so he rules :lol: The cash was quite busy for Craig because his loyal fans always turn up!

Collectormania 6 - This was a good event because I got a different job every day which was nice because I got to swap around a bit. I did work all three days at the Next end so I got to know the pit bosses a bit better spending all that time with them!

Cash for Nicholas Brendon

Guest Assistant for Danny Strong

Ticketing for Stacy Keibler and Test.

LFACC1 - A totally different experience from MK, but very exciting because it was something new. Only two days so you waited for 6 months and then it's over so damn quickly, it's crazy! Just as rewarding as working in MK though, and very enjoyable.

Cash for Vanessa Angel.

Guest assistant for Cirroc Lofton.

LFACC2 - My most enjoyable event, I guess because it wasn't as scary as the first Wembley event! Everything was so familiar ... the place, the crew, the people visiting! Just felt like home really! And what an amazing line-up! ... a great way to say goodbye to Wembley if there ever was one :wub: SIMON PEGG AND NICK FROST :lol:

I got moved around a lot .. so I did anything from being fill in guest assistant for David Hewlett (such a crazy guy, get him back haha), to ticketing Aliens and Buffy guys at the same time, and cash for various people too! That was fun, to experience a lot of different things and work with a lot of different crew members.

Let's be honest ... there's not a better crew to work with at ANY event :wub: So if u're interested in crewing at any future event, don't hesitate cuz there's nothing to be scared of :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Let's be honest ... there's not a better crew to work with at ANY event :lol: So if u're interested in crewing at any future event, don't hesitate cuz there's nothing to be scared of :lol:

Apart from Mister Sprinkles!

:unsure: Sprinkles is a nice dude! Not scary at all. Unless ur Davey, and then obviously he should be scared :lol:

Let's be honest ... there's not a better crew to work with at ANY event ;) So if u're interested in crewing at any future event, don't hesitate cuz there's nothing to be scared of :D

;) Sprinkles is a nice dude! Not scary at all. Unless ur Davey, and then obviously he should be scared :P

Prfft like im scared of Sprinkles :o:D

Crew Experience

- Collectormania 5

i started off doing ticketing for various guests and then ten minutes into it i got moved to guest assistant for Robert Picardo.

Cash for Denise Crosby.

Runner but then was put to taking pictures for Craig Parker.

Runner/Coffee Girl

- Collectormania 6

(this one i worked with a very sore throat and only had half my voice)

guest assistant for Marina sirtis

Cash for Walter Koenig then switched to well...it doesnt have a job title...ummm...i stood at the end of the queues and shouted 'Please do not stop in the walkways, please keep on moving.' i spent half the day doing that and well it was mighty fun. hurt my voice mind. and aparently impressed Walter and Richard Kiel. *shrugs*

Its all good fun!

Im hoping to Crew C7 and do LFACC3.

Depending on what im doing around C8 whether im in drama school or not then i might not be attending! :o;)

It really is a great weekend to be had, and i dont think ive ever met such great people.

Nat :D

Let's be honest ... there's not a better crew to work with at ANY event ;) So if u're interested in crewing at any future event, don't hesitate cuz there's nothing to be scared of :D

Pffft he's a pussycat :o

LFACC2 - Guest Assistant - Melody Anderson

My first and only crew experience (so far) couldn't have been better! She was funny and chatted all the time and was extremely gracious to her fans even though it wasn't that busy on the Sunday. Other than that, I met loads of cool people and had a great night at the Crew party. Probably the weirdest and most surreal things is to be doing what you love and to be appreciated for it! :D

Can't wait to crew again!!

Here goes:

Collectormania 4

My first Collectormana crewing, amazing! It was so much fun, but it was lots of hard work and lots of standing up, but the buzz was awesome. As I said its alot of hard work and everyday is a long day, but seeing some of the customers after they had met who they wanted to meet made it feel all worth while. The amount of new friends you make as well is amazing, everyone is friendly and people who have crewed before are very helpful. My first day I was at the costa end, doing ticketing and bits and bobs, a runner I guess and my second day I was doing que tickets for Sean Astin.

London Film and Comic Con

This was a first experience for every member of crew as it was a new venue. The atmosphere was totally different from Collectormania, but just as much fun. Again I made loads of new friends, and found friendly helpful crew. I was on the cash desk the first day, which was so much fun even tho you were away from everything else. I was with peole I never met before and now we are really good friends. Serving all the customers when they came in was great, you could see how happy they all were to be there and how excited they were. The second day I was guest assistant to Norman Lovett, funny guy and was a pleasure to work with. This was my first time sitting with a guest for a full day and found it really enjoyable and was glad to sit down after a day of standing up.

Collectormania 5

Now having crewed a couple of times I was really comfortable and started giving advice to new members of crew, which I liked doing cos I like being helpful lol! The first day I was Guest assistant to Robert Englund and to be honest he was a very busy man, he had lots of fans wanting to meet with him so I didnt talk too much to him, but was there when he needed some help. I talked more with his wife, she was a lovely lady. Also it was the first time I met his Agent and his agent is really cool too. The next day was a standing up day and I was ticketing for .... cant remember lol! John Billingsly I think :help: Well it was good fun again cos I got to chat to the customers and help them lots too. The last day I was guest assistant to Peter Mayhew. Not as busy as Robert so got to chat to him lots about Star Wars, he loves chatting about Star Wars, lucky I like Star Wars lol!

Collectormania 6

Well this is an experience I will never forget! I got to sit on my butt all weekend, and I had just recently made some new friends and had really great evenings with everyone. Thursday night was excellent!!!! and LIMO :uhoh: I was guest assistant to Brent Spiner for the 3 days.

London Film and Comic Con 2

Well another weekend on my butt lol! But again I had a great time got to see all my friends make new ones, have a good time crewing, and just enjoying the hustle and bustle of the signing hall. I was guest assistant for Jonathon Frakes for the 2 days.

Like DavidB said, its really great fun to crew and you get so much out of it, it is hard work but very rewarding, so if you want to give it a go you should! Even if its for a day or 2 ;)

Davey ^_^

LFCC2 - First time crewing

Was an amazing experience, loved being part of a busy atmosphere and working with some really great people. Although I'm one of the younger ones, it was nice to be treated equally. Overall, it was really enjoyable, i learn't so much and hope to do it again.

Yea, can't agree with David/ Davey anymore, really rewarding.

Collectormania 6

This was my first time crewing and was looking forward to it a lot.

For the first day I handed out tickets for Billy Boyd and a few for Royd Tolkein.

On the second day I sat with Rusty Goffe. All in all not a bad C6.

LFACC2

Enjoyed this one a lot more than C6 experience.

Handed out tickets for Carl Weathers on the first day, on the second day had

the honour of sitting with the man himself.

Collectormania 5

my first collectormania. was soo awesome!! i did tickets for craig parker on saturday, was peter mayhew's guest assistant on sunday and was jack o'hallaran's guest assistant and cash on monday!!i had a fantastic time n meet some really great people!!

collectormania 6

on saturday i was guest assistant and cash for colin skeaping and on sunday i did cash for sam jones!!

again had a brill time n meet even more people

i love crewing at collectormania n i soo totally cant wait to do it again!!!

C6

Was my first time so i decided to work just one day for it and i'm glad i did. Did ticketing on the friday for Nat Lee. Bloody Amazing :D Apart from the hangover i really enjoyed myself. I met loads of new people.

Rest of the weekend was a tad painfull but thats another story!!lol

LFCC2

OMG

Best weekend of my life!!!

Saturday

Guest assistant for Mark Rolston from Aliens :lol: one of my fave films EVER!!!

Also got to play with a gun from the film. That in itself made my weekend :lol: I'm easily pleased :yoda:

Sunday

Guest assistant for Mark Metcalf (The Master from buffy)

Really nice guy. Loved chatting to him.

Cant wait to do it all again :P

C6

Was my first time so i decided to work just one day for it and i'm glad i did. Did ticketing on the friday for Nat Lee. Bloody Amazing :D Apart from the hangover i really enjoyed myself. I met loads of new people.

how are your ribs doing? :D

c6 - ticketing for Richard Kiel/ Crowd control.

lfacc2 - PA of Kate Jackson

- Taking money on door

Loved it so much. All the jobs are as fun as eachother, but totally different. Agh. Learnt so much from the shows, gained so much confidence and friends.

C6

Was my first time so i decided to work just one day for it and i'm glad i did. Did ticketing on the friday for Nat Lee. Bloody Amazing  :D  Apart from the hangover i really enjoyed myself. I met loads of new people.

how are your ribs doing? :D

lol Fine now thanks :lol:

C4 - Yeah right! Too busy stalking hobbits! :lol:

London Film and Comic Con 1 -

Sat with Billy Boyd on Saturday........AMAZING!! He was 3 hours late, but I found it in my heart to forgive him :D .

Sat with Bob Anderson for half a day on the Sunday. My first con I worked at, and if it wasn't for the rest of the crew I'd have been lost.

Collectormania 5 -

Sat with Brad Dourif on Friday. Sat with Harry Sinclair on Saturday. Sat with Craig Parker on Sunday. Did money for Robert Picardo, took photos of Craig and Brad and did lots of coffee runs on Monday! My fave con that I've worked at so far.

Collectormania 6 -

Runner for the LOTR section for all four days. I loved that as well, I got to do so many things and had a lot of responsibilty, which makes you feel special :lol:

London Film and Comic Con 2 -

Runner for the Stargate/Nick Frost/Simon Pegg end. What can I say? SIMON AND NICK :lol: As the only runner most of the time it was hard work and I did a few runs to the shops for the guests. But the guests really appreciate it and were lovely. Pit Boss Kate was amazing. Did EVERYTHING at this con, I really learnt my craft :D

Please lemme work again :lol:

C6

Ermm..this was the first time I crewed..

Sat at the info desk for the afternoon giving out my useful knowledge lol

I ticketed for Dwight Shultz..(excuse my spelling)

Guest assistant for Thomas Robins

It was a lot of fun..everyones friendly and easy going

LFCC2

Guest assistant for Rainbow Sun Franks that was really cool,he was a really nice guy :lol:

Erm did the Virtual que board on the sunday morning..

Cant wait to do it all again

LFCC2

Hmm, first (and only) con I've ever worked at. Bloody knackered me, but it was SO much fun. I was doing the entrance tickets on the first day, and cash for...erm...whassername... on the second day. Veronica Cartwright, I think.

Because I was doing cash-related stuff both days, I was pretty much stuck at my desk, but I still had SO much fun because the other crew members around me were so lovely. :lol: