Welcome To the Crewing Area

showmasters

• 2 weeks later...

Noob questions here but:

1. I sent an email in reply to Andrew confirming my details back in August after he said I'd been selected to crew LFCCW but didn't hear back, should I be worried?

2. When do you get your crew shirts, are they sent to you in the post or do you get them when you arrive?

3. What door do you go through at earls court when you arrive to sign in?

Thanks!

• Moderators

1. No. Once you've replied to the confirmation that's it (only thing that comes out after that is hotel list if you are in crew hotel)

2. Pick them up at sign-in in the morning.

3. There's a side door will be open - tbh just follow anyone already in a crew top (or hoodie) as they should know where they're going!

1. No. Once you've replied to the confirmation that's it (only thing that comes out after that is hotel list if you are in crew hotel)

3. There's a side door will be open - tbh just follow anyone already in a crew top (or hoodie) as they should know where they're going!

Thank you! :D

Hoodies can be bought online, tshirts are picked up when you sign in and get your ID. The door for earls court is round the back as etmuse said there will probably be a load of crew around anyway, some might even know what they are doing lol

Haha! That's great thank you :D

• 5 months later...

Absolutely gutted. Just checked my work schedule against the Showmasters events for the year and it looks like I can't crew this year.

I had such a good time in Cardiff in November that I was hoping to crew some other events but at the moment it looks like it'll be impossible (until I can get some annual leave sorted later in the year).

In the meantime, I'll be at Cardiff this weekend as an attendee and hope to catch up with some of you again.

Hi guys! Quick Question: I got an application to crew for Belfast. in the form it says this is for a crew application and not a helper application... can someone explain the difference to me, please? Thanks :) Nadine

------ I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE THIS POST BUT IF FIGURED OUT THE DIFFERENCE IT'S ALL GOOD.! :)______

Edited by Sheldine Cooper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

This is the first time I've crewed with Showmasters and would love to meet up with others who are going to chat too... (I'll be at LFC

Thanks in advance

Same here, I shall be crewing Friday PM, Saturday AM and all day Sunday so looking forward to it I'mTraveling by coach from Glasgow.

Another first time crew member here for LFCC. In fact my first Showmasters event in any capacity although I have visited lots of other smaller conventions over the years.

I do volunteer for other things as a hobby and really enjoy the challenges as well as meeting like-minded people, and am really looking forward to spending time with you guys. I'm going to be there all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday so hopefully I will get to talk with a lot of you over that time.

I'm not sure what the average age of the crew is. I've just turned 50, so be gentle with the old bloke :)

• 4 weeks later...

How soon before an event do we get the hotel list? I only ask because I'll be crewing at Glasgow and Bournemouth this month and I haven't heard anything yet. Just so I can sort out travel/railway station to hotel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hiya!
I'll be crewing for the first time this Sunday at the Play Expo. I've got comfy shoes at the ready, but have a couple of questions. Apologies in advance if they sound daft.

So, 1) The crew shirts - how are they sized? Generously, or more on the small-ish side? Just asking because they only went up to 2 XL, and since I'm built like a brick outhouse, that might be a bit of a tight fit....*gulp*
2) Am I okay to have a small bag with me while I'm doing whatever I'm doing? One of those fanny packs or something along those lines? Got a couple of things I'd like to have on me at all times.
3) Anybody need a lift? I've got plenty of room and I'm coming from Oldham, so if anybody's in that area and needs transport, let me know.

Oh, and could anybody invite me to the secret FB group please? My fb page: https://www.facebook.com/MissyObvious

Think that's all for now. Would be grateful for any info. :)

Edited by sanchyna

• 3 months later...