Joss Whedon directing Wonder Woman

Evil_Faith

The Hollywood trade papers report Thursday morning that it’s a done deal, though no start date has yet been set, and no one has been cast. AICN sources have long maintained that Warner Bros. hopes to have its big-screen "Wonder Woman" in the cinemas by summer 2006.

"Wonder Woman is the most iconic female heroine of our time, but in a way, no one has met her yet," Whedon said in a statement. "What I love most about icons is finding out what's behind them, exploring the price of their power. When ["Wonder Woman" producer Joel Silver] and I began discussing the character, I realized there is a woman behind the legend who is very fascinating, very uncompromising and in her own way almost vulnerable. She's someone who doesn't belong in this world, and since everyone I know feels that way about themselves, the character clicked for me."

For those new to the site, Whedon masterminded "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel" and "Firefly," three of the finest entertainments ever televised. He made his feature directorial debut last summer with "Serenity," the big-screen sequel to "Firefly," which hits movie screens in September. He also co-wrote "Toy Story" and created a really great script called "Alien: Resurrection," which was directed by a guy who didn't speak much English and the movie itself didn't turn out so good.

I really think Charisma is perfect for this role. Its nothing to do with me being a Buffy fan. Emma Caulfield is my favourite actress in the world but I wouldnt say she'd be good for the role. Charisma has the look, the physique, and just could deliver the wonder woman attitude better than anyone else I can think of.

Apparently Joss's choice for the role would be Sarah Michelle Gellar. No offence to her but I dont think she'd make a good Wonderwoman at all. She has the wrong physique. And it'd be too hard to not see her in action mode and just think of Buffy in a silly costume

Sarah Michelle Gellar would be awful. She was good as Buffy, but IMO she showed very limited range as an actress in The Grudge and Cruel Intentions. And yes, her physique is all wrong and it would really just seem like Buffy in a stupid costume.

Does it seem to anyone else that Joss really needs to get over Buffy? And I say that as a big Buffy fan and a much bigger Joss fan.

although sarah is more well known and might bring more people into watch, she can in no way shape or form pull off a believable performance as wonderwoman. on the other hand charisma is less known but is perfect for the role. she has a more visibly muscular tone and has a broader acting ability than sarah.

also, does anyone know which days kali rocha is signing? i HAVE to meet her.

• 2 weeks later...

SMG as Wonder Woman, that made me laugh !

A much better candidate would be Jennifer Garner, but then maybe as she is already Elektra she may not want to do it, so who else I thought, well taking a leap away from the comic book view of Wonder Woman , how about Gina Torres ?

Also possibles from the Whedon verse, could be Morena Baccarin.

And outside of the Whedon verse, if I had to cast someone, I would go for Jodi Lyn O'keefe.

Also possibles from the Whedon verse, could be Morena Baccarin.

That would be pretty cool if Morena was cast. She definately has the acting ability.

I wouldn't mind seeing Eliza Dushku as Wonder Woman but her build is probably too small for the part.

• 2 weeks later...