I've solved the problem of the £5 note drout !

dufresne

• Moderators

Or put it up to £20 :borg:

No?

Didn't think that idea would be too popular :lol:

Maybe they should threaten that .. GIVE US £5 NOTES OR PAY £20 .. I bet a lot of people would suddenly have the right money :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If theres a £15 charge, methinks that there should be enough fivers around to give change with. As long as the purchaser offers legal tender for the purchase in question the vendor must accept and give change arcordingly. THAT IS AHEM...THE LAW :lol:

I've always made sure i've had a big supply of fivers to pay with as the first couple of collectormanias the crew on the cash desk kept asking for correct money if poss. As i work in the centre I nip into work and change my notes for fivers from the till!!

If theres a £15 charge, methinks that there should be enough fivers around to give change with. As long as the purchaser offers legal tender for the purchase in question the vendor must accept and give change arcordingly. THAT IS AHEM...THE LAW :o

As long as the purchaser agrees to wait by the vendor until such a time as the £5 notes become available :lol:

If theres a £15 charge, methinks that there should be enough fivers around to give change with. As long as the purchaser offers legal tender for the purchase in question the vendor must accept and give change arcordingly. THAT IS AHEM...THE LAW  :o

As long as the purchaser agrees to wait by the vendor until such a time as the £5 notes become available :lol:

But of course :lol:

it would also make SMs cash handling at the venue more secure generally !

i can see at least some logic in this idea, though i have to ask - with all the money at one location, it still needs to be removed from the hall.

i don't know how SM remove the money, but personally i would remove it via several exits (and hence in different cases) to minimise the risk. after all, all the money leaving one location via one exit is a pretty large target, a smaller case however may be a more acceptable loss if something did happen.

though i do agree, the idea of vouchers seems feasible. particularly if, say, handing over a £10 note for 2 £5 vouchers.

of course, as has been noted by others, it WOULD centralise the problem of congestion in a single place - and there would need to be a suitable location to form an organised queue.

I know it's not always possible for every one to do, but like a couple of other people here I always go to the bank before hand to withdraw the money I need and ask for it in £5's. Yes it means your wad of cash is bulkier, but it is so much easier. I mean in general most people know how many guests they want to see and can make an educated guess as to how much their auto's will cost so it's not too hard to work out how much to take. Any money left over can then be repaid into the bank, or kept handy for the next event.

• Moderators
Maybe they should threaten that .. GIVE US £5 NOTES OR PAY £20 .. I bet a lot of people would suddenly have the right money :D

kinda unfair to people who were gonna pay with a tenner and coins :P

Hmmm that is a point .. but I don't like coins :lol: Spose I have to accept them tho ;)

Maybe they should threaten that .. GIVE US £5 NOTES OR PAY £20 .. I bet a lot of people would suddenly have the right money :lol:

kinda unfair to people who were gonna pay with a tenner and coins :lol:

Hmmm that is a point .. but I don't like coins :lol: Spose I have to accept them tho :lol:

If you had a big bag of em you wouldn't be complaining !

If theres a £15 charge, methinks that there should be enough fivers around to give change with. As long as the purchaser offers legal tender for the purchase in question the vendor must accept and give change arcordingly. THAT IS AHEM...THE LAW :pyth:

Actually..... it is NOT an offer to sell, it is an invitation to treat and therefore they can refuse to sell to you if you do not have the right money/they do not have change, etc, etc. They are NOT legally obliged to sell to you just because you want them to!

And you cannot expect them to have enough £5 notes or coins for every person that wants an autograph because this could require a potential float of £3,000 at the start of the day assuming 600 attendees all wanting one autograph and paying with a £20 note.....

Not going to happen methinks!

I have never heard of anyone NOT getting an autograph becuase they had run out of fivers on the day so I think that it must all work itself out anyway. If people are able to take fivers with them I am sure that is a big help though and the fact we are all discussing it means that we know how helpful it is if we take them along ourselves.

Chelle

LOL all very good and valid points / idea's.

Personally I find it easier to to take a large wad of £5 notes (previously exchanged in my local PO), the added bonus of this is I leave some money at home, therefore limiting myself on how much to spend each day!

I had an absolute sod of a time with fivers in London, but generally speaking, it wasn't too bad. Even if I DID virtually jump on people when they handed over five pound notes.

I was FINE with £5 notes. I had to help everyone else get rid of their coins. *expert* '17' lol

I was more jumping on people when they handed over a £50 note.. :unsure::unsure:

I can see where youre coming from though, if youre taking cash for someone whos autographs are £15! Hm, not a bad idea i guess, but wouldnt change have to be given for these vouchers anyway? Its just the same problem grouped together.

I had an absolute sod of a time with fivers in London, but generally speaking, it wasn't too bad. Even if I DID virtually jump on people when they handed over five pound notes.

I was FINE with £5 notes. I had to help everyone else get rid of their coins. *expert* '17' lol

I was more jumping on people when they handed over a £50 note.. :wub::wub:

I can see where youre coming from though, if youre taking cash for someone whos autographs are £15! Hm, not a bad idea i guess, but wouldnt change have to be given for these vouchers anyway? Its just the same problem grouped together.

i dono, the way i readd it is htat u go and pre pay i in a way.so say u gave a £20 note you got 4 £5 ticket things

i think its a really good idea, the only problem i might find is loosing it or hving like fakes made otherwise i rekon its a gr8 idea

Here's an idea. If someone only has a £20 note for a £15 auto and there are no £5 notes available then maybe the crew could find those close to the top of the queue who do have the correct change and let them go first. Then there would change for the next person who doesn't have it.

I work on crew and can say although yes there always does seem to be a shortage of £5's we do our utmost to try and get as many as we can from people. I always try and ask if that if there are a couple of friends and they both want auto's at $15.00 each I usually take £30.00 and say 'ok you owe them a fiver'. Most people are getting used the fiver situation and bring plenty with them to the event.

As for the suggestion of letting people with correct change through the queues first, sorry but that hardly seems fair does it. Imagine you have been queuing for 20/30 minutes or so and you have no change you then let those people behind you go first and at that minute the guest decides they are going for a break or lunch or something. You would be pretty peeved wouldn't you.

Showmasters do there best to ensure that all the booths have plenty of change so this shortage of fivers really shouldn't be an issue.

I work on crew and can say although yes there always does seem to be a shortage of £5's we do our utmost to try and get as many as we can from people. I always try and ask if that if there are a couple of friends and they both want auto's at $15.00 each I usually take £30.00 and say 'ok you owe them a fiver'. Most people are getting used the fiver situation and bring plenty with them to the event.

As for the suggestion of letting people with correct change through the queues first, sorry but that hardly seems fair does it. Imagine you have been queuing for 20/30 minutes or so and you have no change you then let those people behind you go first and at that minute the guest decides they are going for a break or lunch or something. You would be pretty peeved wouldn't you.

Showmasters do there best to ensure that all the booths have plenty of change so this shortage of fivers really shouldn't be an issue.

I believe it would be fair if everyone in the queue knew the situtaion before they joined the queue. Just a simple sign to let people know that having the exact change would be a great help or you may just have to let someone skip in front after all if someone is at the top of the queue and no change is available is that person going to buy an auto for £20 instead of £15 or would SM let that £5 go! I think not.

How about if the crew in a queue have some vouchers? Then if they run out of fivers they can give £5 vouchers instead, which can then be taken to a desk somewhere to be redeemed, or used in another guest's queue.

I believe it would be fair if everyone in the queue knew the situtaion before they joined the queue. Just a simple sign to let people know that having the exact change would be a great help or you may just have to let someone skip in front after all if someone is at the top of the queue and no change is available is that person going to buy an auto for £20 instead of £15 or would SM let that £5 go! I think not.

I agree that letting people know about the fiver situation when they join the queue is a good idea. Better idea would be to tell people when they get their virtual queue tickets so they have plenty of time to get themselves sorted. As I said Showmasters do there best to ensure that all the booths have plenty of change so this shortage of fivers at C7 or LFACC really shouldn't be an issue.