I am impressed with LFACC3 so far

dufresne

Are you :  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Are you :

• Impressed
    • Not impressed

I think the first annoucnments are a little disappointing only becasue i'm sure it was on this message board by showmasters themselves who said we could expect big name stars to tie in with the summer movie releases.

Apart from ROTS what are the big summer releases ? :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half and half - very happy with Kate Mulgrew, not so much with the rest of them.

Exactly how I'm feeling about it! Love the fact we have Kate, not so fussed by anyone else!

Think it may get better hopefully when Admin lets as know of more guests announcements plus any new features.

Apart from ROTS what are the big summer releases ?  :D

Fantastic four maybe ? :wub:

Batman Begins

Mr & Mrs Smith

Fantastic Four (seen the trailer and it looks like a total rip-off of X-Men and Hellboy, so maybe to be avoided.)

Not sure what else. No doubt ROTS will run for months and still be filling out the multiplexes in August.

I really want to see Constantine which is out on Friday. Trailer looks superb, but it's not a summer movie.

You can always look at www.apple/quicktime to see many forthcoming movie trailers.

I voted impressed

I am chuffed with Kate Mulgew :wub:

though I am not bothered / not heard of any of the others :wub::D

the only good thing about fantastic four is that JESSICA ALBA is in it!!!

and that film with Keanu Reeves? graphics fantastic sure but actual story line? I wouldn't watch that for FREE! ^_^

maybe if LFACC is to be based round movies we can hope for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN guests next year? :wub:

I can't believe not impressed is winning, major tut-tut for that.....

And what's so wrong with people giving their honest opinion when it doesn't lick the backside of the organiser?

Too many people on here clap like seals regardless of the quality of fish they're fed. Thankfully, some of us are at last voicing our opinions.

It's amazing what an anonymous poll can do for displaying honesty.

• Moderators

Why does it have to be considered spam licking when someone's happy?

Maybe some people are happy with whatever they are given because they are not necessarily attending these shows for just the guests.

Everyone has their reasons, and those who ARE impressed or content with what they've got are just as justified as those who aren't happy.

They are being as HONEST as you are, so you can't attack people for that.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that, everyone is, just don't call people spam lickers when they're actually happy ... if you value honesty so much then let others be honest too without you being like that towards them.

The guests announced don't really fit what I'm looking for, but I'll still go to the show regardless.

And what's so wrong with people giving their honest opinion when it doesn't lick the backside of the organiser?

Too many people on here clap like seals regardless of the quality of fish they're fed. Thankfully, some of us are at last voicing our opinions.

HEAR HEAR!!

U should run for office :unsure::lol::lol:

Here we go again! :unsure:

Cant you just stop calling people spam lickers if they like who is annouced? I dont see you call Bohan an spam licker cos he likes the guests :lol:

Davey :lol:

Why does it have to be considered spam licking when someone's happy?

Maybe some people are happy with whatever they are given because they are not necessarily attending these shows for just the guests.

Everyone has their reasons, and those who ARE impressed or content with what they've got are just as justified as those who aren't happy.

They are being as HONEST as you are, so you can't attack people for that.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that, everyone is, just don't call people spam lickers when they're actually happy ... if you value honesty so much then let others be honest too without you being like that towards them.

The guests announced don't really fit what I'm looking for, but I'll still go to the show regardless.

Exactamundo!!!!

Admiral Bear, i've seen you rub alotta people up the wrong way on here, I was simply saying, I am personally very happy with the first round of announcements, so don't jump down my throat or call me an "spam licker", I was voicing my opinion, and I am deeply shocked that not impressed is winning.....

As for Martyn.....if A.B was in office, everyone would want him out after about a week, he tries to make people's minds up for them.....no one likes a control freak

Come on Matt.... I was only pointing out that as things stand... and only as they stand it aint the best line up!

I wasn't at all going off at you Martyn, most of all I was just pointing things out to A.B, none of that message was aimed at you, except the part about him in office, because I mentioned you by name

But I for one am happy with a couple of announcements, and so I don't expect someone who isn't so impressed to come on and accuse me of "spam licking" as he called it, i'm not taking anymore energy outta myself to type anything else about this situation, bottom line of it is he shouldn't refer to people who enjoy certain announcements as "spam lickers"

I see your point Matt :unsure::D:D

hmm... looking through this, i don't see most of the posts saying 'not impressed' - i'm curious about why ppl AREN'T impressed. yes, its anonymous, but if the reasons are given, then perhaps SM can address them if possible before the show??

personally, kate mulgrew and glen larson are great guests. and i recognise the others aren't bad either.

however, for those who say we've been misled by being told its to be the biggest event and whatnot, i ask you to remember how long there is to go. perhaps a summer movie will be given exclusivity - and personally, ROTS would be an appalling choice, especially practically on the heels of the second reunion in a very short time. i'm not sure what movies will be out at that particular time, however there will no doubt be several things vieing for the 'top spot.' not to mention that the biggest may not always be in terms of films, but names.

certainly, the quantity is small right now, but i'm guessing, with a larger venue than wembley, there may be even more guests. for me, the outlook is hopeful, and certainly leaves me thinking that its quite impressive as is. if it doesn't meet expectations, then of course i'll be unimpressed, but then there's always goin to be at least one disappointed customer, even if its somethin so silly as unclean toilets :wub::wub:

I have voted not impressed at this stage but mainly because it is early days and nothing has been announced that is any different from the norm.

I am pleased to see Kate Mulgrew and Jonathan Breck attending, but neither would really have been the top of my list to see.

Lou Ferrigno has been at a Showmasters event before and does a lot of conventions . Now if it had been Eric Bana !

Perhaps I am expecting too much , but then the advertising did say it was going to be like nothing ever seen before in the U.K. so I am expecting a couple of really big guests along the lines of Val Kilmer, Burt Reynolds, Elijah Wood etc

My "spam licking" comment wasn't aimed at people who say they like a specific guest when it's announced. I've said that plenty of times before.

My comment was aimed squarely at the people on this forum (and they and many others know who they are!) who shriek "I love you / thank you Showmasters" at every announcement for a guest they've heard off, regardless of whether or not they actually give a rat's spam.

People who then actually don't like the annoucement, and who may have legitimate & constructive reasons for doing so, are afraid to air their opinions in a mire of what is nothing other than propaganda.

The fact that most of the Dr Who annoucements had very little response from these people gives a good indication of their age.

• Moderators

Personally, and if you let me express an opinion without resorting to insulting me, it's more about putting an opinion forward in a slightly more respectful manner than anything else. That's keeping it simple, and you know as well as I do that calling people spam lickers etc isn't going to help anything and will just upset some people.

We're all capable of having opinions and expressing them without attacking anyone, so if we could do that then EVERYONE will feel they can give their opinions, whether positive or negative :unsure: I honestly believe that opinions are healthy for business and I'm not against people giving constructive criticism. So as long as we can have a sensible debate, there's nothing wrong with that.