entrance

:cylon: Maybe it's just me but where is the entrance at middleton hall, I do sleep outside and it would be #@#$ed if I sleep outside in front of the wrong door.

Can anyone also let me know where to find the actors, is it like the film and comic con where all the actors are in the back sitting next to each other, which was very easy to find everybody.

• Moderators

There will be guests in Middleton Hall itself, then down both sides of John Lewis as well. That's how it is usually. There are two sides of the shopping centre you could go to - it all depends on whether we get a plan given to us before the event, that way you could go to the right side, but if we don't know then you'll just have to take a chance and pick one.

area_3.gif

I think the doors used the most are the ones between 304/302 and opposite where 101/102 are .. that way u're vaguely near one side of John Lewis and Middleton Hall, wherever you go.

I can't remember what numbers the actual doors are so hopefully someone can post them ^_^

• Showmasters Admin

The guests are usually opposite Next, opposite Costa Coffee (shop number 308), and down the sides of John Lewis (down past the Creche and shop number 301). There are doors where the gaps are by the sides of the shops and most of the queues form by doors 15 (near Costa) and the same door on the opposite side (14 I think).

At the moment we are still working out the floor plan and haven't decided where we are going to put any particular guest, however as long as you are there early it won't be a problem getting a ticket to meet a guest.

This is a map of Collectormania 6, the red arrows highlighting where its probably best to come in.

(Doesn't take into accound walk ways between stalls/quests)

plan.gif

Oops, the longer guest rectangle is meant to appear next to the outer wall, not the inner. You get the jist though.

Edited by Jog

If you have the time you could always take a wander round the centre on the Thursday afternoon when they're setting it up, it may give you a clue as to where guests will be sitting although of course that could change last minute. Sorry that was no help at all was it? :lol:

SM, I wonder if you have thought about handing tickets out prior to entrance to the venue. I am conscious that many guests will be popular as as some are only appearing on a couple of days are likely to be quite difficult to get autographs from, unless they are particularly fast signers. Having attended the CM events since 3, and attended both LFCC I know that stewards have walked down the queue and handed out tickets for some of the more popular actors, and where necessary taken money for entry (I know that the MK event is free).

Those of us who will be travelling each day can then go and get back into our cars, which will reduce the length of the queue, and if it's cold, stop some of us from getting colds.

This may already be in hand, but just thought I would ask the question.

Ta muchly for any help.

Elaine :rolleyes:

Well apart from the last visual diag being wrong in one main respect, ie the guests are ALL along the top and bottom of the Hall, with overflow down the sides, and the dealers in the middle, not halfway along as in the graphic.

Theres no ticket req'd to get into the Hall, and its a mad dash to get all the 'virtual' tickets anyway.. My guess is that Friday won't be too busy. Sat will be chaos, Sun, so-so, and Mon, so-so.. Saturday, if like I have done in the past, and 'done' all the days, is a day to sit back, relax and watch the HP fanboys wet themselves over Devon Murray etc, laugh at the 'background elves' trying to stalk anything LOTR related, and the passing folks be witty about 'I'll sign X for 15 quid! It's a bloody ripoff!'. Not forgetting the usual 'it'll be quicker to go around this blockage, but I'll add to the blockage anyway, and complain. Where's my kiddie buggy!'

• Moderators
Well apart from the last visual diag being wrong in one main respect, ie the guests are ALL along the top and bottom of the Hall, with overflow down the sides, and the dealers in the middle, not halfway along as in the graphic.

Actually they're not ... as basically shown on the diagram, there are a couple of rows of dealers on the left hand side before u get to the guests and then dealers in between the guests too.

Theres no ticket req'd to get into the Hall, and its a mad dash to get all the 'virtual' tickets anyway.. My guess is that Friday won't be too busy. Sat will be chaos, Sun, so-so, and Mon, so-so.. Saturday, if like I have done in the past, and 'done' all the days, is a day to sit back, relax and watch the HP fanboys wet themselves over Devon Murray etc, laugh at the 'background elves' trying to stalk anything LOTR related, and the passing folks be witty about 'I'll sign X for 15 quid! It's a bloody ripoff!'. Not forgetting the usual 'it'll be quicker to go around this blockage, but I'll add to the blockage anyway, and complain. Where's my kiddie buggy!'

Glad you enjoy the event so much!! :firedevil::blink:

SM won't give out tickets before the event. Mainly, it's not fair for everyone who wants to see a specific guest. + if they did do it theres a risk people would be left out, problems would occur etc.

:cylon: I think it´s like everywhere, running for a ticket and when you have what you came for, indeed sit back and just enjoy the view. Thanks for the info, by the way when people come on sundaymorning, early and you see a guy lying in front of the doors and you´ll think that he´s in front of the wrong one: JUST WAKE ME UP and take me to the right ones.

Pascal

In October at C7, me and my mates came in through the complete wrong end of the MK Center and had to walk for ages to reach Middleton hall

KIWI :huh:

and its hell of a treck!! i swear if you stand at one end you cant see the other!

=x=

It was near all the guests, i just wondered if that was better than the one by Next, cus weren't some people let in through next last time before some of us were let in?

SM won't give out tickets before the day concerned. Heck they got trouble here and elsewhere for giving out tickets to the Hobbit trio last year an hour before 'official' giving out.. and there'd have been Ikea style riots if they'd waited that long.