A plea to ShowMasters ......

dufresne

• Showmasters Admin
Will pre-signed autographs be available this time as I remember reading on the forum awhile ago that they would be available for C6 but I didnt see them available anywhere and for people who just want the autograph this would save them queuing.

We're not sure yet! We will looking into the logistics of doing this though, certainly on the more popular guests, and will come back to you!

Mark :pyth:

Pre posted layout now that's a good idea! you can print it out like a little map for the day

Ones in America so why don't we the London Film & Comic Con would be perfect for this with a directory of stalls holders

on the subject of presigned photos i did think this was supposed to happen at comicon when john noble was there as when he went away because of illness i was about 8th in the queue and after asking the staff they all said they were supposed to be there but noone could find them to be fair if something like this did happen or sheer volume of fans this would be a great way for fans to get at least something or if it was done a bit in advance if somenoe had to pull out there would still be autos that could be sold :rolleyes:

One thing that would it a lot easier for me is if it were done as it is with LFACC with regards to handing out tickets.  For example, last time there were lots of people i wanted to meet but went to queue for Nick Brendon first.  But because i had to wait 45mins before getting my ticket i didnt get to meet Carrie Fisher or Billy Boyd because by the time i got over there their queues had built up enormously and their virtual ticket numbers were now very high.  I dont see why it cant be done as it is with LFACC and have people waiting at the end of the queues waiting to hand out tickets so that we can collect who we want and then get out of the way until the stars arrive.  It works really well at LFACC because it means those who make the effort to get up really early and queue out in the cold get to meet everyone they want and not just whoever they choose to go for first.  Ive never missed out on anyone at LFACC cus i always get my virtual tickets straight away.  Is there a reason why it is not done that way at Collectormania?

Love Jen xxx

erm....

it is

i think what you did wrong was q'd for nick brendon as soon as u got there and got in the first 20 people. that meant u took no ticket, but u did get in the q first.

It also meant u couldn't go round all the other q's and get a ticket at the start like everyone else did.

the virtual q was a collectormania idea.

Yeah, I'm aware that there is a virtual ticket system in place. Maybe i wasnt clear enough, what i'm saying is, the tickets are not always handed out as soon as you reach the queues, you have to hang around and wait for them to start handing them out, whereas at LFACC i have always been given a virtual ticket as soon as i reached the queue and was then able to collect others. The queue for Nick Brendon did build up enormously behind me as did many of the other queues. Some tickets were being handed out striaght away so i just wondered why some are delayed.

One thing that would it a lot easier for me is if it were done as it is with LFACC with regards to handing out tickets.  For example, last time there were lots of people i wanted to meet but went to queue for Nick Brendon first.  But because i had to wait 45mins before getting my ticket i didnt get to meet Carrie Fisher or Billy Boyd because by the time i got over there their queues had built up enormously and their virtual ticket numbers were now very high.  I dont see why it cant be done as it is with LFACC and have people waiting at the end of the queues waiting to hand out tickets so that we can collect who we want and then get out of the way until the stars arrive.  It works really well at LFACC because it means those who make the effort to get up really early and queue out in the cold get to meet everyone they want and not just whoever they choose to go for first.  Ive never missed out on anyone at LFACC cus i always get my virtual tickets straight away.  Is there a reason why it is not done that way at Collectormania?

Love Jen xxx

erm....

it is

i think what you did wrong was q'd for nick brendon as soon as u got there and got in the first 20 people. that meant u took no ticket, but u did get in the q first.

It also meant u couldn't go round all the other q's and get a ticket at the start like everyone else did.

Yeah, I'm aware that there is a virtual ticket system in place. Maybe i wasnt clear enough, what i'm saying is, the tickets are not always handed out as soon as you reach the queues, you have to hang around and wait for them to start handing them out, whereas at LFACC i have always been given a virtual ticket as soon as i reached the queue and was then able to collect others. The queue for Nick Brendon did build up enormously behind me as did many of the other queues. Some tickets were being handed out striaght away so i just wondered why some are delayed.

ok,

in that case it was either just that the crew on that side weren't ready wuick enough.

but its more likely to be that fact that the centre opens before the guests will be there. it is always the intention to have the tickets ready when people come in, but the crew are not always completely ready at that time because a lot are newcomers and so have to be taken through the processes.

But yeah, you should all going to plan be able to walk in and just take a nick brendon ticket then go away to get other tickets.

just out of interest, did u ask for a ticket? if you were within the 1st 20 you may not have been offered one as the crew member assumed you were qing from the start.

if there was crew there they would have given you a ticket.

also, london is a closed venue, so we have complete control over when we open the doors. so we can be definate that the q's are ready when people come in.

:angel:

oooh a plan before the show would be great. obviously there could be changes but it will give people some idea.

how about this though.... is it possible to have one designated door for queues? and then let people know about it? i know that people have queued at one door only to find out that many people have been let in before them at a different door.

thanks.

=x=

You can't really do a designated door for queue's before the venue opens for several reasons. As I have already mentioned, we may find ourselves in a position where we have to change the layout at the last minute, and so that would negate anything we had said about where to queue previously. There is also no way for us to let everyone know where to queue. If we post on the wensite or forum then that only reaches those people, who are just a small number of those who turn up to Collectormania. We could make signs by the relevant doors, but the immediate problems I see with this are that no one is used to that so won't know to look; people who just join the back of a queue outside the centre will be away from the door so won't even realise they are queuing specifically for certain guests; and most problematic is that with the centre:mk being an open venue as it is, when the doors are opened for the centre, there is no way of controlling where people go, and so people from one side of the centre can run to the other, and so end up in front of people orderly filing in for a specific queue.

Unfortunately, there is NO perfect solution to this situation. We will do what we can to try and make it better though by giving you some sort of idea where people are before the event date!

Mark

ooh no. i didnt mean that. having a different door for different guests would be a logistical nightmare. i cant see that working at all.

i meant having only one door, as with lfacc. so there is one queue to get into the building.

hope thats clearer.

Love Jen xxx

erm....

it is

ok,

in that case it was either just that the crew on that side weren't ready wuick enough.

but its more likely to be that fact that the centre opens before the guests will be there. it is always the intention to have the tickets ready when people come in, but the crew are not always completely ready at that time because a lot are newcomers and so have to be taken through the processes.

But yeah, you should all going to plan be able to walk in and just take a nick brendon ticket then go away to get other tickets.

just out of interest, did u ask for a ticket? if you were within the 1st 20 you may not have been offered one as the crew member assumed you were qing from the start.

if there was crew there they would have given you a ticket.

also, london is a closed venue, so we have complete control over when we open the doors. so we can be definate that the q's are ready when people come in.

:lol:

Yeah, Ive been to loads of events before, i know how the system works and everything. The tickets were not given out until about half an hour after we got there and me and my friends were first in the queue with some other people we know that we bumped into but we were in the queue for virtual tickets not just waiting for him to arrive. We asked straight away for the tickets and were told they would be given out 'soon'. I always ask someone whats going on if the tickets arnt being handed out. I dont mind the delay so much, as long as all the other queues have delays too, its the missing out on other guests im bothered about. I managed to meet the three hobbits and Andy Serkis in one day because the tickets were being handed out straight away and i was able to go from queue to queue before they got too long.

I just hope they are being handed out straight away at C7 cus i want Sean Astin, James Marsters, John Rhys Davies,and Alexis Denisof in one day

oooh a plan before the show would be great. obviously there could be changes but it will give people some idea.

how about this though.... is it possible to have one designated door for queues? and then let people know about it? i know that people have queued at one door only to find out that many people have been let in before them at a different door.

thanks.

=x=

You can't really do a designated door for queue's before the venue opens for several reasons. As I have already mentioned, we may find ourselves in a position where we have to change the layout at the last minute, and so that would negate anything we had said about where to queue previously. There is also no way for us to let everyone know where to queue. If we post on the wensite or forum then that only reaches those people, who are just a small number of those who turn up to Collectormania. We could make signs by the relevant doors, but the immediate problems I see with this are that no one is used to that so won't know to look; people who just join the back of a queue outside the centre will be away from the door so won't even realise they are queuing specifically for certain guests; and most problematic is that with the centre:mk being an open venue as it is, when the doors are opened for the centre, there is no way of controlling where people go, and so people from one side of the centre can run to the other, and so end up in front of people orderly filing in for a specific queue.

Unfortunately, there is NO perfect solution to this situation. We will do what we can to try and make it better though by giving you some sort of idea where people are before the event date!

Mark

ooh no. i didnt mean that. having a different door for different guests would be a logistical nightmare. i cant see that working at all.

i meant having only one door, as with lfacc. so there is one queue to get into the building.

hope thats clearer.

I know I'm not a Showmasters representative, but I just have to say that that would be a logistical nightmare. You have to understand that Collectormania is held in a shopping centre - there are shops all around the square where the show is held, and there are dozens of entrances - to set it up so there was only one entrance for Collectormania would put alot of people out, particularly shoppers who arent actually interested in the show.

Gee, one door for the whole show. I know REM sing about Orange Crush, but that would be suicide! Remember that you had the stalker-crew camping outside in their hundreds for Elijah/Dom/Sean.. and the crowds for Carrie and Billy Dee weren't exactly poor either..

What do you think Milton Keynes Shopping Centre is? Ikea 2? That's just asking for trouble!

I wouldn't have thought Sean was really as much of a draw as Dom was, and pairing Dom with Elijah kinda backfired, as that meant that whole area was effectively cut off from reality for that weekend. I did all 3/4 days of that show, and still only just got Dom/Elijah late on Monday.. when they had 1 item each, where I could have had 5 for Dom, 8 for Elijah (posters, books, figures etc).

Queuing for Billy Dee on the Sunday, I saw loads try and 'just want to shake his hand', or 'just wanted to look at him'. More for Carrie though..

Then you had the elven hobbity wannabes that sat on the grass outside the centre watching Elijah/Dom and banging on the glass then screaming whenever they looked up..... yeuch!

hey, would like to add my 2 cents, as they say!

i went for the first time last year to see nick brenden and other buffy peeps (this may not be so much of an issue as showmasters are thinking of posting a map-type-thing). got there in the evening the day before (saturday) so i managed to check out where people were signing. i found that while i was q ing outside the next morning people were pretty savvy - the peeps that wanted to see carrie fisher were in one q and everyone else was in another(so if u cant get there the evening before, friendly people will be able to point you in the right direction!). if u really want to see someone, get there about an hour before the centre opens and i recon you are pretty much guaranteed a meet!

if it's a big ol' star like saun astin off of LOTR then get there early, but nick brenden had a free q by the afternoon when i was there, and i thought he would be super busy as a main buffy guy!

the random shoppers are just that - random!

hope this is of some help

oh dear people are really misunderstanding what im saying here. i dont mean one door for whole event. that would just be stupid.

i mean to have one door allocated to be opened first. whether its just a normal shopping day or not one of the doors has to be the first to open.

imagine this... you have been queing all night at one door, only to find that there are people let into the centre before you simply because their door was opened first.

does that make more sense?

its just an idea anyways. im on crew (usually) so it doesnt affect me.

=x=

I think it would be good to tell people which queue they are nearest too when they are queuing outside so they can get to the queue they want quicker. There was only one person in the queue in october when i arrived but loads of people got in before me so it was a little annoying. Crew shold be there to tell us which door is best to queue at for certain guests

I think it would be good to tell people which queue they are nearest too when they are queuing outside so they can get to the queue they want quicker. There was only one person in the queue in october when i arrived but loads of people got in before me so it was a little annoying. Crew shold be there to tell us which door is best to queue at for certain guests

thats more what i mean.

it very annoying for people if they appear to be at the front of a queue but then no longer are because another door was opened first.

=x=