The Centre MK

I was wondering if there was an entrance into the centre MK via the John Lewis Store? It would be easier to get to middleton Hall that way. What is middleton hall like, is it a closed room, seperate from the centre, if so how big? And will there be signs directing you to particular stands and signings, or do you just walk around until you find what you are looking for?

I was wondering if there was an entrance into the centre MK via the John Lewis Store? It would be easier to get to middleton Hall that way. What is middleton hall like, is it a closed room, seperate from the centre, if so how big? And will there be signs directing you to particular stands and signings, or do you just walk around until you find what you are looking for?

If you walk through John Lewis, from back to front, you will end up in Middleton Hall, but to be honest, access is not a problem there. (Damn, how many comma's was that!!)

Access can also be gained either side of John Lewis or from a dozen entrances either side of the city centre. The Hall is undercover but not walled in on any side (trust me, the roof doesn't fall in - I'm just rubbish at describing it!!) ^_^

It is part of the centre and it's quite big (not as big as Wembley conference centre). There are normally signings at either end of the stalls as well as down the sides of John Lewis. They are pretty well marked usually (plus, there are always friendly crew about to ask!)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info, big help! I was just worried that I would get dropped off by taxi outside John Lewis and be totally lost (sense of direction is like zero!) Looking forward to seeing the place!

Oh, and love your avatar! When I told my dad I was going to MK, he wouldn't shut up about those cows for ages!! ^_^

Thanks for the info, big help! I was just worried that I would get dropped off by taxi outside John Lewis and be totally lost (sense of direction is like zero!) Looking forward to seeing the place!

Oh, and love your avatar! When I told my dad I was going to MK, he wouldn't shut up about those cows for ages!! ;)

Nah, if you get dropped off outside of John Lewis, you won't FAIL to find it! (as long as you enter the city centre from John Lewis, rather than walk off in the direction of the park!! :P

I :P my cows..... :D^_^

It is me, I'm BOUND to get lost!!!!! Will John Lewis be open on Sunday at around 10am or will I have to find another entrance? (Sorry to be such a pain!)

Virtually none of the shops in the centre open until 11. However, if you arrive by cab at John Lewis and enter the city centre at the nearest entrance.. you WILL see C7!! I promise!! :D

ROFL! I'm getting into Coachway at about 9.40am, with national express. There is a taxi firm at coachway so I'm hoping it won't take too long to get a cab down to the centre. I'll explain to the cabbie where I'm going, hopefully they'll know where to leave me off then. Hopefully I'll get there not too long after CM7 opens, depending on traffic etc. :D (there's a lot of 'hoping' in this post, isn't there!!!)

If you ask the taxi to drop you off at Door 12 or 13 you will be right at the hall.

:D

If you can find a taxi driver who knows the doors are numbered that is!! :D

quite a lot of the local drivers know the doors. When i get a taxi home from work I ask them to pick me up at door 13!

ROFL! I'm getting into Coachway at about 9.40am, with national express. There is a taxi firm at coachway so I'm hoping it won't take too long to get a cab down to the centre. I'll explain to the cabbie where I'm going, hopefully they'll know where to leave me off then. Hopefully I'll get there not too long after CM7 opens, depending on traffic etc. :lol: (there's a lot of 'hoping' in this post, isn't there!!!)

It won't take more than 5 minutes to get from teh coachway to the centre. In the cab, I recommend asking to be taken to John Lewis. They will all know where it is, it's about the biggest shop in CMK! Traffic at that time on a Sunday should be pretty light (as in you 'may' see a dozen cars on your way to the centre!) :P

I'm not sure what time C7 will open on the Sunday, the shops don't open until 11 (although the centre itself is open earlier than that!) Unless your bus is runing late, you'll definitely be there before C7 opens!

What are the taxis in MK like, is it easy enough to get one? I'm thinking of when I have to get back to coachway after the 'evening with James Marsters' at the hockey stadium. :lol:

There are busy times (around 11.00pm and 2pm). Normally though you can get a cab in 5-10 minutes.

Skyline/Raffles is the biggest company. Their telephone number is 01908 222111 or 01908 222222 (pretty easy to remember!)

If you catch a black cab, then it will cost you a lot more.

Yeah, the National express leaves Birmingham at 8am so baring any bad traffic hold ups it takes an hour and 40 minutes to get to coachway. I tried to get an express that would only take 1 hour 5 minutes but it didn't leave til like 11am so I wouldn't have got into MK until about midday, so no point then. I'm sure I'm going to be watching the clock the whole way down!!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for all your help, especially Chris MK, as I am not only a Collectormania virgin, but also a convention virgin, so I am pretty clueless as to how these things work! You've been a great help to me. :lol:

p.s has anyone used the cab firm at coachway, are they quick, prices ok etc?

Yeah, the National express leaves Birmingham at 8am so baring any bad traffic hold ups it takes an hour and 40 minutes to get to coachway. I tried to get an express that would only take 1 hour 5 minutes but it didn't leave til like 11am so I wouldn't have got into MK until about midday, so no point then.  I'm sure I'm going to be watching the clock the whole way down!!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for all your help, especially Chris MK, as I am not only a Collectormania virgin, but also a convention virgin, so I am pretty clueless as to how these things work!  You've been a great help to me.  :D

p.s has anyone used the cab firm at coachway, are they quick, prices ok etc?

Np problem, glad I could help! :P

I'm not sure which cab firm is based at the coachway, so I can't tell you if they are any good.

On a Sunday, a private hire cab may cost up to £5.00 from the coachway to the centre, but if you take a black cab (i.e. one with a meter), it's likely to be much higher than that!

As a side note, technically this is an 'event', not a convention. The difference being that generally you have to pay to go to a convention, but you normally get an autograph free, where as this place is free to get in, but you have to pay for autographs. *turns pedantic mode off* :P

Edited by chris_mk

• 2 weeks later...