theory and speculation

wiccawise21

Snape dying to save Harry,,,,,,,,Intriging. That would be good if that were to happen. Yes it dose seem to have the feeling of histroy repeating itself so the fourth friend betrayal seemsto work.

Of course,,, I've not read the books so I'm guessing that I'mmissing an awafal lot by going on what appears in the movies alone.

yes..there is a lot of this history repeating itself thing. hmmm? i wonder!

but you should read the books. there is a lot more in them than the movies.

=x=

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like theories that try to recast harry's time period as people from MWPP time period. I think there are some similarities like the trio being close friend ect, but I dont think the two periods will mirror each other.

I think that Harry's godmother/s or possibly other god father will come into play at some point. Its unusual for a baby to have just one godparent, and if Lily didnt have anyone she wanted to ask why not just ask Peter and Lupin?

I like the idea of Andromeda Black being Harry's godmother, or possibly Mc Gonagall. Second godfather-wise the only other person I can think of is Dumbledore. But I cant think of a reason why he wouldnt have mentioned it earlier

I dont like theories that try to recast harry's time period as people from MWPP time period. I think there are some similarities like the trio being close friend ect, but I dont think the two periods will mirror each other.

I think that Harry's godmother/s or possibly other god father will come into play at some point. Its unusual for a baby to have just one godparent, and if Lily didnt have anyone she wanted to ask why not just ask Peter and Lupin?

I like the idea of Andromeda Black being Harry's godmother, or possibly Mc Gonagall. Second godfather-wise the only other person I can think of is Dumbledore. But I cant think of a reason why he wouldnt have mentioned it earlier

i like what you are saying here. i dont know exactly who will come into play but harry has to have someone else in his family. i mean where in hell are all his relatives from james side? surely they're not all dead.

=x=

I think if James had any brothers or sisters it would have been mentioned already. He probably has a second cousin three times removed or something left, and if the Potters are one of the old wizarding families then they are probably related to everyone, But I dont think it'll be important.

Is there abit in the books that says James was a pureblood? Because i cant remember reading it, but I think it is in the books for some reason

I think if James had any brothers or sisters it would have been mentioned already. He probably has a second cousin three times removed or something left, and if the Potters are one of the old wizarding families then they are probably related to everyone, But I dont think it'll be important.

Is there abit in the books that says James was a pureblood? Because i cant remember reading it, but I think it is in the books for some reason

is harry a pure blood coz both parents were magic

or is 3/4blood cpz lilly was 1/2 and 1/2

That's what I thought. Otherwise the sorting hat would never have concidered Harry for Slytherin because only pure bloods are admitted!

But Tom Riddle was a half blood.

The weird thing about slytherin is if you look at the sorting hat songs its for pure bloods and ambitious people. But growing up in a pureblood family with money and everything you want isnt very likly to produce ambitous people.

• Showmasters Admin

I thought pure bloods were wizards who had no muggle blood in their family tree at all (like the Malfoys & Blacks, etc). Lilly came from a muggle family even though she was a witch, so Harry can't be totally pure blood. Just...something in between.

Exactly Sm :unsure:

Here is the definition for the different types of bloods

"Pureblood

A witch or wizard of 'pure' wizarding ancestry, without any Muggle ancestors whatsoever as far as can be determined."

"Half-blood

A witch or wizard with at least one wizarding parent but at least one Muggle parent or grandparent."

"Muggle-born

Wizarding person born of two Muggle parents."

"Blood traitor

A pure-blood who doesn't insist on maintaining his or her purity."

"Squib

A non-magic person born of wizarding parents, a much rarer phenomenon than a Muggle-born witch or wizard."

As Lily was a muggleborn it makes both her parents muggles, and because you only need one parent or grandparent to be muggle to make you a half blood, it makes Harry a half blood :lol:

yes harry is half blood.

this is because his mum was born to muggle parents. we assume that james is a pure blood but there is nothing to specify it. he could have had a muggle born parent or grandparent. either way harry woudl still be half blood.

=x=

Okay first of all, i don't think that Slytherin only accepts Pure bloods, i can't remember if J.K. has said it in something but i am sure that half bloods and even muggleborns can find their way into Slytherin if they were ambitious enough. After all we don't know that much about those in Slytherin house other than from a few members in Harry's year and people in the quidditch team.

Also i find the idea of Snape saving Harry's life interesting. Alan Rickman apparantly knows something about Snape that she hasn't told anyone else ( i bet Gem can guess where i got this info from) and also apparantly Chris Rankin knows something about Percy that hasn't been reveiled in the books yet. Now what could they possibly be?

Percy was always a bit stuffy and concerned with the rules when he was at Hogwarts. But can we really imagine him leaving his entire family because he is that obsessed with the ministry. After all he did end up in Gryffindor not Slytherin. And while he is ambitious could it be to that much of a degree? How do we know that he is not working on something for Dumbledore? He is after all in a very good position if someone wanted to know what was going on in the ministry!

And wands? Everyone knows that Harry's and Voldemorts wands don't work against each other because they are brother wands. Both their feathers come from Fawkes. However in the first book, when Harry goes to Oliivanders to get a wand, ollivander mentions that he remembers when his mother came to buy her first wand. Now not her wand but her FIRST wand. So what happened to this wand? Why did she need another one? In the film they have changed this line to BOTH his parents first wands. And Ron had Charlie's old wand. So why do people use wands that used to belong to ther people? In Neville's case his uses his Dad's wand. Remember that the wand chooses the Wizard and i am sure that Neville will find it much easier using a wand that fits him. Also when Harry met Draco being measured for robes Draco mentioned his mother was looking for a wand for him.

So why do some people have more than one wand? Does everyone get another wand at some point? Or do you only get another if your old one is broken? Wouldn't it make sense for Harry to get another wand so he can fight against Voldemort? Or perhaps it is illegal for soemone to own more than one wand?

I don't know for sure and as J.K. has never mentioned it i am not sure if we will ever find out but it does make me curious.

Oh and does anyone else want to know how Dumbledore deafeated Grindalwald? Note that is deafeated and not killed. For all we know he could still be out there somewhere? Maybe Dumbledore turned him into a squib?

Just realised that this is a reallly long post! Oh well Toodles, Simone

That's what I thought. Otherwise the sorting hat would never have concidered Harry for Slytherin because only pure bloods are admitted!

But Tom Riddle was a half blood.

The weird thing about slytherin is if you look at the sorting hat songs its for pure bloods and ambitious people. But growing up in a pureblood family with money and everything you want isnt very likly to produce ambitous people.

but riddle was slytherins heir

so would of gone into slytherin regardless

Okay first of all, i don't think that Slytherin only accepts Pure bloods, i can't remember if J.K. has said it in something but i am sure that half bloods and even muggleborns can find their way into Slytherin if they were ambitious enough. After all we don't know that much about those in Slytherin house other than from a few members in Harry's year and people in the quidditch team.

Also i find the idea of Snape saving Harry's life interesting. Alan Rickman apparantly knows something about Snape that she hasn't told anyone else ( i bet Gem can guess where i got this info from) and also apparantly Chris Rankin knows something about Percy that hasn't been reveiled in the books yet. Now what could they possibly be?

Percy was always a bit stuffy and concerned with the rules when he was at Hogwarts. But can we really imagine him leaving his entire family because he is that obsessed with the ministry. After all he did end up in Gryffindor not Slytherin. And while he is ambitious could it be to that much of a degree? How do we know that he is not working on something for Dumbledore? He is after all in a very good position if someone wanted to know what was going on in the ministry!

And wands? Everyone knows that Harry's and Voldemorts wands don't work against each other because they are brother wands. Both their feathers come from Fawkes. However in the first book, when Harry goes to Oliivanders to get a wand, ollivander mentions that he remembers when his mother came to buy her first wand. Now not her wand but her FIRST wand. So what happened to this wand? Why did she need another one? In the film they have changed this line to BOTH his parents first wands. And Ron had Charlie's old wand. So why do people use wands that used to belong to ther people? In Neville's case his uses his Dad's wand. Remember that the wand chooses the Wizard and i am sure that Neville will find it much easier using a wand that fits him. Also when Harry met Draco being measured for robes Draco mentioned his mother was looking for a wand for him.

So why do some people have more than one wand? Does everyone get another wand at some point? Or do you only get another if your old one is broken? Wouldn't it make sense for Harry to get another wand so he can fight against Voldemort? Or perhaps it is illegal for soemone to own more than one wand?

I don't know for sure and as J.K. has never mentioned it i am not sure if we will ever find out but it does make me curious.

Oh and does anyone else want to know how Dumbledore deafeated Grindalwald? Note that is deafeated and not killed. For all we know he could still be out there somewhere? Maybe Dumbledore turned him into a squib?

Just realised that this is a reallly long post! Oh well Toodles, Simone

some great stuff in there. and yes i think i can guess where you got that from simone!! teehee!

i love what you are asking about the wands. jk has recently put up some stuff on her site that says how she chose the wood for each persons wand.

from jks site...

"For those who are interested in the trees assigned to the different parts of the Celtic year, below is the chart that I used. I apologise to any Celtic tree experts out there for any inaccuracies I may have reproduced (I have found slight variations between sources since I first came across this information.)

December 24 - January 20 = Birch (Beth)

January 21 - February 17 = Rowan (Luis)

February 18 - March 17 = Ash (Nion)

March 18 - April 14 = Alder (Fearn)

April 15 - May 12 = Willow (Saille)

May 13 - June 9 = Hawthorn (Huath)

June 10 - July 7 = Oak (Duir)

July 8 - August 4 = Holly (Tinne)

August 5 - September 1 = Hazel (Coll)

September 2 - September 29 = Vine (Muin)

September 30 - October 27 = Ivy (Gort)

October 28 - November 24 = Reed (Ngetal)

November 25 - December 23 = Elder (Ruis)"

(that would make me Ivy. hmmmm?)

however i dont think this explains why people would get a second wand. obviously in the case of ron he needed one... his was broken. but charlie got a new one. its almost as if they update them like we update mobile phones. but why? and when do you get a new wand? i think it would make sense for harry to get another one because then he can fight against Voldemort. But that also means voldemort can fight against harry. harrys great, but maybe not that great???

i think that now neville will be getting a new wand...if it is his own and not another handed down to him he will proabably do a lot better with it. maybe he will be more powerful somehow. but of course this also raises the question "if you get a new wand will it have a new core?" harrys second wand, while not being able to contin a feather from fawkes could still contain phoenix feather, just from another phoenix.

and i certainly want to know how dumbledore defeated grindalwald. maybe there is something he did that will help against voldemort.

hmmmm??? there is a lot to ponder on there.

=x=

ps. what wood do you guys get for your wand according to the chart? do you think it matches you?