When do we find out if we're crewing?

slug_slug

I just wanted to know when we're getting our crew notices and stuff this year... I can't remember how far ahead of time we got them last time, that's all...

Happy New Year! Hope you all had a nice holiday and that 2005 is going well for you all...

Katesxxx

Hi, I've sent my e-mail. It includes details for 'Team Savvy' as we all want to offer our services. But my e-mail is different (I had to change it as I ended up on a US based e-mail and I wanted a UK based e-mail). Should I send my e-mail again?

I noticed in your sig that you crewed C6 and LFACC2...if thats the case you really shouldn't need to send another email to apply for crew, you should receive one automatically :unsure:

Hi, I've sent my e-mail.  It includes details for 'Team Savvy' as we all want to offer our services.  But my e-mail is different (I had to change it as I ended up on a US based e-mail and I wanted a UK based e-mail).  Should I send my e-mail again?

I noticed in your sig that you crewed C6 and LFACC2...if thats the case you really shouldn't need to send another email to apply for crew, you should receive one automatically ^_^

I've not heard anything yet. Do other previous crew have they're e-mails? The only reason I ask is when I worked b4 it was someone else who set my up. So I've never voluntiered the normal way.

Hi, I've sent my e-mail.  It includes details for 'Team Savvy' as we all want to offer our services.  But my e-mail is different (I had to change it as I ended up on a US based e-mail and I wanted a UK based e-mail).  Should I send my e-mail again?

I noticed in your sig that you crewed C6 and LFACC2...if thats the case you really shouldn't need to send another email to apply for crew, you should receive one automatically :firedevil:

I've not heard anything yet. Do other previous crew have they're e-mails? The only reason I ask is when I worked b4 it was someone else who set my up. So I've never voluntiered the normal way.

Same applies to me. I've been told to hang on, as my buddies who have crewed more regularly have sometimes been notified right at the last minute.

I did sent SM an email right after LFACC2, saying that I really want to crew again. My main concern is that id I don't get to crew, I'm gonna be up the creek accomodation wise!!!

anyone got any advice?

Allyx

:firedevil:

They may not have accomadation for crew anyhow; u need to book it just in case as putting the crew up costs a hell-of-a-lot more than the crew bar tab comes to (and thats an amazing amount too!!)

jody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks Jody!

:D

*waves*

• Showmasters Admin
They may not have accomadation for crew anyhow; u need to book it just in case as putting the crew up costs a hell-of-a-lot more than the crew bar tab comes to (and thats an amazing amount too!!)

jody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Crew do not need to worry about booking hotel accomodation for Collectormania 7!

We have a bunch of rooms block booked, and whilst we may alter slightly how we allocate rooms for crew, there will be rooms available for those who are crewing and need one!!!!!

So, for those of you who are running round looking for hotel rooms you DO NOT need to, as we have rooms set aside already!!!

Please remember, if you don't hear it from SM then please DO NOT rely on it!

Mark

jody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Crew do not need to worry about booking hotel accomodation for Collectormania 7!

We have a bunch of rooms block booked, and whilst we may alter slightly how we allocate rooms for crew, there will be rooms available for those who are crewing and need one!!!!!

So, for those of you who are running round looking for hotel rooms you DO NOT need to, as we have rooms set aside already!!!

Mark

well thats good to know!

thanks

=x=

jody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mark

well thats good to know!

thanks

=x=

Phew!!! Panic over then!! Thanks SM!!

I can't wait to hear if I can work at C7!!!

*crosses fingers*

:rolleyes:

jody

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mark

Thanks for letting us know. We were starting to panick

accomodation for crew is a bit confusing, well it is to me :P

crew don't know if they are DEF crewing till quite close to the event, where as we booked 3 rooms in the Travel Lodge back in the START of JAN and almost had probs getting them :o

I see where Jody is coming from totally, you may not be asked to crew so if you haven't booked a room (most of which you can cancell - well in the TL you can ;) ) then you WILL be stuck. ALOT of people want to crew, doesn't mean we are ALL going to be able to!

also I'm sure SM have said before (maybe crew emails?) that they won't choose people who would need to put up first, which makes sense as paying for rooms would increase outgoings for them! :P so when I crewed (C6 and LFACC2) I have shared with hotel rooms with friends as I would rather DEF crew than take my chances and ask to be put up and NOT get chosen :P

but, hey, if SM are changing this yey! all the better for people like me who travel along way to get there! :P

surfy sah xx :P

I got an email about a week after LFACC asking if I was available to crew for C7, you know, the usual email crew members get asking which days/hours you can do...this'd be my third SM's event as crew if I get asked again...I don't need to apply the CV way do I? The whole applying process seems to have changed without me realising it lol!

Any help and I'll be muchly grateful for it :angry:

• Moderators

SMs will have previous crew details so I'd imagine they'll just send out the usual email or whatever. If they are changing the process then I'm sure they'll let everyone know, either by email or on here. I wouldn't worry about it for now ;)

• Moderators
(showmasters @ Feb 21 2005, 03:01 PM)

We hope to get crew e-mails out to you fairly soon.

We are still quite a way from the show, but do intend to organise all the crew a bit earlier than normal, so expect to receive something over the course of the next 2 or 3 weeks.

We will post a thread on the forum letting everyone know when we have sent crew e-mails out.

Mark

That was from another topic in case people didn't read it.